Getaway main pool adult only?

kaylie44

LGEPIZZA:

Great pics.

Okay...see the SIDES of the adult pool?

This is just a walkway (for lack of a better word) It is not the pool. As a matter of fact, this is where everyone stands for some contests, like "Battle of the Sexes" "Dance Battle" (very provocative) lol....things like that.

The actual pool is the same size as the "family" one. (not as deep though)

As far as your question. Yes...there were a few children in the adult area (NOT IN THE POOL). The attendant would immediately eject them.

My question would be.....why would you want your children in this section. (mine are adults) but if they were under 12, I would never allow them there.

Tons of drunks...smoke all over.....very loud music....very risque dancing...

Maybe it's just me. I would not subject my children to this. Everyone is different...I guess.:)

Could you verify if there is a "best booty" contest and if there is how to become a judge?

Thanks!

:p

There is a Battle of the Sexes pool game; a Miss Biceps contest; a Men's Sexy Legs contest; two different days of a Nickelodean Game Contest for kids; and Ice Carving. These are all on different days. No booty contest.

No, not at all. There are always kids in two of the jacuzzis. I never noticed them in the other two though. Also, the area itself is not adults only - just the main pool.

Thank you for taking time out of your vacation to answer my question:). You are awesome:). Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Edited by kaylie44

There is a Battle of the Sexes pool game; a Miss Biceps contest; a Men's Sexy Legs contest; two different days of a Nickelodean Game Contest for kids; and Ice Carving. These are all on different days. No booty contest.

Well, not officially...lol...

When the DJ started playing Alan Thickes "Blurred Lines"....OMG :eek:

LGEPIZZA:

My question would be.....why would you want your children in this section. (mine are adults) but if they were under 12, I would never allow them there.

Maybe it's just me. I would not subject my children to this. Everyone is different...I guess.:)

I wouldn't have my 11 year old hanging out there. I re-read my post to see if I'd said I was going to, and I didn't.

I do know that he isn't going to be swimming much this trip, that's for sure, and that sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I wouldn't have my 11 year old hanging out there. I re-read my post to see if I'd said I was going to, and I didn't.

I do know that he isn't going to be swimming much this trip, that's for sure, and that sucks.

If the OP is referring to the main pool, she must have been on a sailing filled with different types of people that we are. I have not seen any of that here!!

If the OP is referring to the main pool, she must have been on a sailing filled with different types of people that we are. I have not seen any of that here!!

Nothing like that on my BA sailing either, but experiences always vary.

Clarifying that there is an ENCLOSED smoking section by the pool. Otherwise I wouldn't be there either, I can't stand the smell too long!

OP seems to have a great attitude and will have a great holiday :)

Why can't he swim? My 10 and 12 year olds were perfectly happy using the kids pool, and most of the time just used the slides. It wouldn't make sense to have the adult pool sandwiched between the water slides and the splash area.

Only a small fraction of lounge chairs are by the pools anyway - most are along the sides of the ships, or on different levels.

Why can't he swim? My 10 and 12 year olds were perfectly happy using the kids pool, and most of the time just used the slides. It wouldn't make sense to have the adult pool sandwiched between the water slides and the splash area.

Only a small fraction of lounge chairs are by the pools anyway - most are along the sides of the ships, or on different levels.

Unlike a lot of parents, I tend to supervise my kid. Not constantly, not totally hovering, but I'm there.

Unlike a lot of parents, I tend to supervise my kid.

I applaud you. I've seen many kids, many times......with no parent around at all.

Good for you! I wish more parents believed as you do.

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

Unlike a lot of parents, I tend to supervise my kid. Not constantly, not totally hovering, but I'm there.

So sit at the pool with him and let him swim. No one is

saying not to supervise. Ther is no reason you can't hang at the family pool with him. It would suck for him if mom or dad wouldn't let him go swim because they didn't feel like watching him.

saying not to supervise. Ther is no reason you can't hang at the family pool with him. It would suck for him if mom or dad wouldn't let him go swim because they didn't feel like watching him.

That's the problem there isn't really any area around that pool to watch and lounge.

SadBanana.gif

saying not to supervise. Ther is no reason you can't hang at the family pool with him. It would suck for him if mom or dad wouldn't let him go swim because they didn't feel like watching him

Of course we will let him swim. Good grief. Don't have a cow. It's easier to supervise someone in a pool when the pool isn't surrounded by walls. That's my point. People can argue against that all they want, but it kind of seems like a no-brainer to me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

LGEPIZZA:

As far as your question. Yes...there were a few children in the adult area (NOT IN THE POOL). The attendant would immediately eject them.

SissasMomE just reported from the ship that in addition to the adult games being held there, so are Nickolodean games for kids. That answers your question of why one might want their kid in this section.

I plan to place in 4 of the things mentioned. ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by LrgPizza

If there were loungers chairs by the pool, they would be taken up by chairs hogs, that were not even at the pool.

I actually like the set up. The loungers on the deck 16, above the pool area, have great views of the stairs leading up to the slides. These chairs provide a great place to lounge and supervised old kids on the slides, where most of the kids will spend their time. There is a ledge around the pool so parents can sit, while watching their kids in the pool. I think the design of the pool deck is actually very well thought out, but is different from other pool areas on others ships.

If there were loungers chairs by the pool, they would be taken up by chairs hogs, that were not even at the pool.

I actually like the set up. The loungers on the deck 16, above the pool area, have great views of the stairs leading up to the slides. These chairs provide a great place to lounge and supervised old kids on the slides, where most of the kids will spend their time. There is a ledge around the pool so parents can sit, while watching their kids in the pool. I think the design of the pool deck is actually very well thought out, but is different from other pool areas on others ships.

Thanks! That's helpful info. I appreciate it.

We were on the breakaway in August 2013.. And again last week (4/13-4/22). During the August cruise all our kids were allowed in the main poo. Last week they were not. My son is 13 , nephews 14 and 16. I was so disappointed about this change. We are sailing on the getaway in August and I'm sure this new policy is going to be enforced.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

There is no room for lounge chairs (the ones you can lay all the way down on) right near the kid's pool. But I thought I saw some people in chairs near the end of the pool (in what I would call the open hallway to the adult pool area). Also, there is a long bench on the right side of the pool that you can sit on and lean back against the glass. Or you could sit on the end. (I am describing these terribly, but refer to the pictures and you'll see what I am talking about.) Many people sat like this to watch their children in the pool.

Also, the kid's pool is not restricted to kids. I saw parents in there occasionally playing with their kids.

I am new to reading about the getaway and had no idea about the pool issue. That is pretty darn deep for a ship pool. They probably placed the glass next to the kids pool so some unsupervised kids (or old drunks) would not jump from the slides into the pool. For the adults who don't want to deal with kids-maybe its time to go over to Holland America or Princess which caters more to adults.

I am new to reading about the getaway and had no idea about the pool issue. That is pretty darn deep for a ship pool. They probably placed the glass next to the kids pool so some unsupervised kids (or old drunks) would not jump from the slides into the pool. For the adults who don't want to deal with kids-maybe its time to go over to Holland America or Princess which caters more to adults.

No need to look to the other lines. NCL has already resolved the issue by having an adult only pool and a family pool as is being discussed here. Like it the way it is.