Attention carnival miracle alaska and hawaii 2014 cruisers

PhxRain

I just got an email from my TA about a change in the ENTIRE itinerary for the 2014 Alaska & Hawaii sailings.

Please go to you TA or Carnival directly to see what changes have been made so you can adjust your excursions if needed!

I just got an email from my TA about a change in the ENTIRE itinerary for the 2014 Alaska & Hawaii sailings.

Please go to you TA or Carnival directly to see what changes have been made so you can adjust your excursions if needed!

Anyone have a clue what would cause it not to be able to go full speed until dry dock repairs?? Looks like our little trip will be altered a bit, hopefully not a lot!

For us, our Juneau & Sitka days got switched and ALL the port times changed. Fortunately, I was able to call Harv & Marv & switch days for our whale watching tour with no problem. My TA is currently working on changing the time of the Ketchikan tour I booked through her. #deepbreath

Well I went back on the web site and there has been a change. They deleted a port on my June Alaskan cruise. What is the matter with them? Another reason to not sail Carnival. The only reason I did this cruise is because it was a free cabin. Never again!

My email says they are dropping Ketchikan completely and adding time to Juneau and Victoria. $50pp onboard credit and 25% off next cruise.

You can cancel and receive full refund.

Juneau and Victoria were both on my original cruise. They dropped Ketchikan. I wonder what their reasoning is!?

Hmmm....we didn't care much for Ketchikan last time...this could be advantageous for us........

....I was just moanin' and groanin' about paying wayyy too much for my stateroom...LOL...could be a blessing in disguise to enjoy it a little more than I originally planned.....hmmmm...

Edited by SoCalKJ

Isn't this the same thing that the Pride is also currently going through. Makes you wonder both are Spirit class ships. I want to see Alaska not Canada Boo Carnival. An Alaska cruise is too much money to go and see Victoria. :(

I have received no email yet, but I just noticed that the itinerary for May 13th has changed. Skagway has been dropped completely. Instead we will have a lineup of Sitka, Juneau, Glacier Bay, Ketchikan, and Victoria, BC. Will be interesting to see if we get an email and what the explanation is. Isn't the Miracle on its way to Hawaii right now?

I haven't received an e-mail notification, but after reading this thread went to my booking and yes, we are skipping Ketchikan. I'm disappointed - I was looking at booking a fishing tour. On the bright side, we have extra time in Juneau, where I was debating what to do given limited port time. As for Victoria - we also have more time in port, so I have some more exploring as to what to do there. I've loved Canadian ports on the East Coast, so hopefully Victoria will be just as nice.:)