Attention carnival miracle alaska and hawaii 2014 cruisers

PhxRain

We are booked for July and I am pretty upset. The cruise, airfare, hotel, excursions, etc for my family of 4 has been very expensive. It doesn't seem worth it for 2 Alaska ports. The whole idea was to see Alaska. A once in a lifetime trip for us. But now I'm stuck and I am not happy.

Come on..... The ship is going slower! Never a problem in the past. And I'd rather hit an Alaskan port than a day in Canada.
Under the Passenger Vessel Services Act, the ship must port in Canada if it is sailling RT Seattle. No choice in the matter - Carnival needs a foreign port. So yes, we are going to Victoria, no matter what.

This doesn't bother me at all. Ketchikan was cancelled but we were only scheduled to be there for 6 hours or so-didn't even plan anything here. Very excited to have more time in Victoria. OBC and 25% off future cruise...I'll take it! 76 days!!!

We are booked for July and I am pretty upset. The cruise, airfare, hotel, excursions, etc for my family of 4 has been very expensive. It doesn't seem worth it for 2 Alaska ports. The whole idea was to see Alaska. A once in a lifetime trip for us. But now I'm stuck and I am not happy.

They will give you all you money back as well as money for your airfare, etc. At least, that is what my email, which I just got, says.

I think the 4/16/14 booking date in this memo (relating to the 25% Future Cruise Discount) is a misprint. My email from Carnival says that date is 4/16/2016.

I think the 4/16/14 booking date in this memo (relating to the 25% Future Cruise Discount) is a misprint. My email from Carnival says that date is 4/16/2016.

What they are saying is that anyone booking a cruise on the Miracle after 4/16 will not get the credit or discount.

Everybody's email and the one in the link has a date of 4/16/2014. And yours has a date of 2016?

What they are saying is that anyone booking a cruise on the Miracle after 4/16 will not get the credit or discount.

Everybody's email and the one in the link has a date of 4/16/2014. And yours has a date of 2016?

Mine says you have to sail by 4/16/16.

This doesn't bother me at all. Ketchikan was cancelled but we were only scheduled to be there for 6 hours or so-didn't even plan anything here. Very excited to have more time in Victoria. OBC and 25% off future cruise...I'll take it! 76 days!!!

Me too! We are on the same cruise! Looking forward to it..see you there!

My first thought was the Azipods must have variable pitch on the miracle and one is not responding correctly but then after checking there fixed pitch.

It appears the miracle had a simlar problem in 2008, does anyone know what the problem was at that time?

I agree. This is very disappointing. We chose this itinerary spefically for these ports and because it was round trip out of Seattle. While you can get refunded for the cruise and airfare, it's not going to the cover the several days we booked at hotels both before and after our trip, as well as private tours in Seattle. Oh well, shame on us for expecting the ports listed as we all know weather changes things at the drop of a hat. I just find it frustrating that Carnival is aware of this mechanical problem and doesn't plan on resolving it anytime soon. Oh well, live and learn. Sorry for venting.

Got the email this afternoon also. I was initially bummed that yet another cruise I have booked has had a port stop removed from the itinerary. We had this happen in 2011 when we took the Splendor to the Mexican Riviera - Mazatlan was removed and a second day in Cabo was added.

Doesn't really matter to me. I know we will still enjoy the cruise just the same, plus the $50.00 on board credit is per person, so that's $100.00 for us. I'll take it.:D