Question - assigned 6pm dining

KiRiMi

We are sailing on the Summit in July in Aqua Class. Our TA told us we needed to choose between 6pm dining and Select Dining, not sure why we had no late dining choice, possibly it was already full. Actually not sure why we had to choose at all since I thought Aqua Class dining in Blu was what ever time you preferred to dine. Before we even made a choice, I saw on our reservation that we had already been assigned to 6pm dining.

Wondering if we should contact Celebrity or wait until we are on the ship to change? Should we change it to Select Dining? We prefer to eat late and don't want to have dinner every night at 6pm.

We may want to eat in the MDR or one of the specialty restaurants one or more nights during the 7 day cruise - are we locked into 6pm for those restaurants?

We are sailing on the Summit in July in Aqua Class. Our TA told us we needed to choose between 6pm dining and Select Dining, not sure why we had no late dining choice, possibly it was already full. Actually not sure why we had to choose at all since I thought Aqua Class dining in Blu was what ever time you preferred to dine. Before we even made a choice, I saw on our reservation that we had already been assigned to 6pm dining.

Wondering if we should contact Celebrity or wait until we are on the ship to change? Should we change it to Select Dining? We prefer to eat late and don't want to have dinner every night at 6pm.

We may want to eat in the MDR or one of the specialty restaurants one or more nights during the 7 day cruise - are we locked into 6pm for those restaurants?

It is nothing to be concerned about. You can just show up in Blu whenever you want.

You are not locked into any time for the specialty restaurants and can make your reservations for the times you want.

Just guessing here, but I think most likely you get the regular 3 dining choices for Blu because they already had the dining choices set up that way on their computer system and nobody bothered to reprogram the dining options when they added Blu.

On one cruise where our muster drill fell right between the early and late dining times, they told us that they assigned dinner times only because they wanted passengers to come either early or late for that first night only so the muster drill would not interfere with their dinner.

But that still did not explain the Select option, or the fact that most cruises do not have their muster drill at that time.

You do not need to do anything about it at all.

Just show up for dinner at Blu when you please.

I am relieved this isn't a problem. We have never booked a cruise before so it is one less thing to worry about. Who knew there would be so many choices and decisions to make before our cruise will finally begin!

Welcome to Celeb and AQ/BLU!

BLU gets congested first night because not everyone has sorted out their schedules..after that, come when you want..can be diff time each night.

first night we look for discounts to specialty rest. for BLU patrons..helps them thin the crowd and gets us a great deal!

you can pick whatever time you prefer for the Specialty restaurants..and can book them ahead on line (& pre-pay) just like you may do for excursions..or you can wait until you are on board to book...

if you want to try the MDR one night your BLU maitre d will assist...

we love BLU!!! but also enjoy a few nights at other places too...

I don't know why Celebrity persists in making this so confusing, but they do. In short, all AQ passengers are assigned on paper to either Select or 6 pm Traditional ---- but it doesn't make any difference at all in your actual experience on the ship. All AQ diners have open seating in Blu, just arrive when you are ready for dinner. The only difference is that those assigned on paper to Select will have to pre pay their gratuities, and those assigned to Traditional will have their gratuities added to their shipboard account. So just decide if you would like to prepay or not, and ignore your assignment completely once onboard. Silly, isn't it?