With all the recent changes of RCI ships - how do you feel now?

How do you now feel about your future cruising loyalty with Royal Caribbean?  

476 members have voted

1. 1. How do you now feel about your future cruising loyalty with Royal Caribbean?

• My loyalty to RCI is gone
    • I will shift to another cruiseline for future cruises
    • I will stay the course with RCI
    • I can't even describe how angry I am about the RCI ship-switching
    • The recent news doesn't change anything here
    • Carnival here I come

I am not, particularly, anti-Quantum Class and I'm actually interested in how Dynamic Dining will be handled (frankly, I suspect it's the reaction to Dynamic Dining that have had them switch out Quantum until they can figure out how to get people here more on board with it)

Certainly that's another valid angle in the discussions we've seen in this thread.

I wonder if someone planned for and booked a cruise 10-12 month ahead of time...and then a short time before cruising they found out they'd been moved to a totally different ship, or different cabin class (less), or different destination ports...how they'd feel...when their online cruise confirmation and board docs told them an entirely different story for months on end? My guess is "misled" wouldn't quite fit many people's answer.

This thread is about #'s and %'s

20% of all the post made on this thread were made by 1 person :p

Since you're picking nits...the POLL is about #'s and %'s.

The thread is NOT about #'s and %'s....it's about parallel commentary.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Clearly some people don't understand the history on this issue.

That's OK.

But telling the United States public via numerous media ads and promotions about one ship (Quantum) for about a year (including setting itineraries for bookings that were cancelled)...only to move that ship to China...and also to promote Anthem being ported in Ft. Lauderdale for months...only to move that ship to another report...

Those are misleading at bare minimum, deceptive practices to others...especially after lengthy promotions reflecting something entirely different than the end result...and in parallel doing that while they were moving to execute these announced changes (which didn't happen overnight as some seem to think - that took months of planning where they were saying one thing publicly and planning something else).

Call it what you will - but RCI was not being straight with the public. No sugar coating it.

I know all about RCCL's announcements. But unless you have some proof that RCCL knew from day one that they were going to make these changes then there is no deception. It is a business decision based on situations that have come about. I am on Cruisecritic every day, I get emails from RCCL, I get emails from the Crown and Anchor society, don't try and tell me that I don't understand the history of the situation. You are pouting because things didn't work out the way you wanted and now you're trying to make people believe RCCL conspired against you.

Certainly that's another valid angle in the discussions we've seen in this thread.

I wonder if someone planned for and booked a cruise 10-12 month ahead of time...and then a short time before cruising they found out they'd been moved to a totally different ship, or different cabin class (less), or different destination ports...how they'd feel...when their online cruise confirmation and board docs told them an entirely different story for months on end? My guess is "misled" wouldn't quite fit many people's answer.

Seriously. It is now April, the 1st cruise on QotS isn't until November and the changes don't happen until next March at the earliest. I'm positive that all passengers will be notified long before then. I'm also sure that RCCL won't change someone's ship without their approval.