With all the recent changes of RCI ships - how do you feel now?

How do you now feel about your future cruising loyalty with Royal Caribbean?  

476 members have voted

1. 1. How do you now feel about your future cruising loyalty with Royal Caribbean?

• My loyalty to RCI is gone
    • I will shift to another cruiseline for future cruises
    • I will stay the course with RCI
    • I can't even describe how angry I am about the RCI ship-switching
    • The recent news doesn't change anything here
    • Carnival here I come

The announcements (lately) that several ships (including Quantum & Anthem) are having their port locations changed has clearly caused some cruiser angst.

How do you now feel about your RCI loyalty and future cruising plans?

Please vote in the poll.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

I feel the same, if I find a cruise I like at a rate I'm willing to pay, I'll book it. Whether it be, RCI, NCL, CCL, or 'X'.

I loved the first cruise on RCI so much that we booked 2 more and will keep our reservations. But as I said, I also like the other cruiselines so I will be comparing to those too.

Some people have regularly been complaining that they are tired of having the same ships sailing from the same ports and have been asking for some of the fleet's twenty-odd ships to be repositioned. Now that this is happening it appears that some folks are a bit distressed because it is happening. The Quantum and Anthem situation is a bit different and may be more the result of outside forces (read Bermuda's reluctance to commit to a timely dredging project) than any desire on the line's part to disrupt their guest's travel plans.

My feeling is simply that "stuff happens" and that the best thing to do in such cases is to "deal with it". Most of the changes have been announced well in advance so there is more than sufficient time to adjust things without incurring any significant financial impacts. I refuse to believe that there is someone in the RCI hierarchy whose main purpose in life is to think up ways to frustrate the line's loyal cruisers.

We experienced a problem a few years back when the Jewel TA had to be rescheduled so that she could have a diesel generator installed. We found, with assistance from RCI, a similar TA on Celebrity and enjoyed our first Celebrity cruise experience. Didn't impact our loyalty to the cruiseline whatsoever.:)

They can send Quantum, Anthem, and Oasis III anywhere. I'm not especially interested in paying more for a cruise that gives them more opportunities to ask me to pay for things. Older ships mean lower prices which means I can afford more cruises.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

I don't mind the shuffling around of ships. Sailing Explorer over and over again gets "old" fast. So, I am happy about Liberty coming to my homeport, but not at the current prices. I can do 2 cruises from Florida (including airfare) for the price of one cruise on Liberty.

The change I am NOT happy about is dynamic dining, and the shift away from traditional MDR experience and the addition of more restaurants with an upcharge. I am also NOT happy about the decline in service.

Another change I am not happy about are the crazy amenities on the new builds. We enjoyed our Allure cruise, but also found it to be overwhelming and exhausting.

Our last cruise was on the Celebrity Summit, and it was one of our best cruises. The quality and quantity of live music available all over the ship blew us away. Service was impeccable - the way it was on RCI years ago. MDR food was excellent. Even my young adult daughters thought it was a better experience than some of our recent RCI cruises.

They can send Quantum, Anthem, and Oasis III anywhere.

Same here. We have no burning desire to cruise something with a "pod" that you ride in, let alone pay more for it. As for the Oasis class, we won't pay a premium for poor and limited port selection to be on a big ship with lots of bells and whistles. We cruise more for the ports than the specific ship.

There are plenty of ships and ports to meet everyones priorities:)

I personally feel that the largest ships should be sailing from warmer climate areas, it only will keep the business flowing for RC in addition more people from many parts of the USA prefer to sail from Florida being that Florida does not have extreme cold climates and snow. It will enable this ship to keep full 12 months yearly. Cruising out of Florida also enables RC to change itineraries and make them more diversified other than the usual Bermuda cruise or Bahamas/Pt.Canaveral cruise that usually is from the north.

I also have to say us Floridians love to cruise, a good majority on these ships leaving from Florida are very well from Florida themselves.

I also love the new concept of the dining, most of the time on a 7 night cruise we go to specialty dining at least 5-6 nights, this new ship gives a lot of variety/selection and I think its wonderful. For those who still want to eat for "free" they will remain to do so. I think the cruise industry has been changing over the past few years, people such as myself don't mind paying extra for better food and more places to choose to dine at. I feel RC IS keeping up with the demands of cruising in these days and at the same time remain to offer the "old".

:D

Edited by lyndamr

I love to cruise, but only cruise for what's affordable for me overall for the type of cabin I like etc and Anthem & Quatum prices are too steep for me. I haven't sailed on Oasis and Allure yet for the same reason. I am hoping that the prices come down on those when the 3 new ships are out as it did with Freedom when Allure and Oasis started sailing then I will finnally book a cruise on one! :cool:

Im not going anywhere. Oasis class cruises are finally getting down to my budget now and Im dying to try one of those ships.

I just hope in 5 or 6 years or so, the same thing will happen with the Quantum class and they will move one to Port Canaveral or Port Everglades. I do not fly to catch a cruise ship. My only exception would of course be an Alaskan cruise and thats on the bucket list

Edited by ryano

I would have gladly paid a modest premium to sail Anthem out of Port Everglades in its first season or two, but if the ship is not here I can't.

I am not mad, angry, or otherwise hurt by the decision to reposition the ships. Sooner or later a newer generation of ships will be running from Port Everglades and I will go then.

So this otherwise opens up options for me 2015/2016 to consider other ships, other cruise lines, or other forms of vacation. Not really a huge mood killer for me to be honest.

As far as I can tell, there are still ships sailing to the places I want to go and I have a reasonable opportunity to sail all classes of RCI ships [more or less the same opportunity I had before]. Why would this shuffle make that much of a difference?

Guest maddycat

I voted for "The recent news doesn't change anything here" only because I don't agree with any of the other choices. I believe that RCI was forced to make all of the changes because of Bermuda. However, it would have been nice if RCI had been honest about the reason behind the changes.

We're already booked on the Quantum for the spring of 2015. I'd love to book the Liberty for the fall of 2015, but only if the prices drop significantly. After that, I'll most likely book the Anthem. But again, only if the pricing is realistic.

Edited by maddycat

Im not going anywhere. Oasis class cruises are finally getting down to my budget now and Im dying to try one of those ships.

I just hope in 5 or 6 years or so, the same thing will happen with the Quantum class and they will move one to Port Canaveral or Port Everglades. I do not fly to catch a cruise ship. My only exception would of course be an Alaskan cruise and thats on the bucket list

We aren't going anywhere either unless we see something that catches our eye on another line.

You are right about the Oasis pricing coming down, Ryan. There have been great residency rates that can be combined with the new crown and anchor rates ($817 for a D1!) Oasis here we come.:p

They can send Quantum, Anthem, and Oasis III anywhere. I'm not especially interested in paying more for a cruise that gives them more opportunities to ask me to pay for things. Older ships mean lower prices which means I can afford more cruises.

My sentiments exactly. We had no plans on going on any of the newest amusement parks anyway. Keeping the prices down is always our first request.

We aren't going anywhere either unless we see something that catches our eye on another line.

You are right about the Oasis pricing coming down, Ryan. There have been great residency rates that can be combined with the new crown and anchor rates ($817 for a D1!) Oasis here we come.:p

I havent seen anything great on balconies yet but I dont really look at that pricing. I have seem some incredible deals on insides and oceanviews and I perfectly ok with either :)

However, I did a mock booking on the Accessible Crown Loft Suite 1742 on Allure last night for April 2015 just out of curiosity. $10,800 :eek:

Maybe if I hit the lottery! :D That sure is a lot of cruises on Freedom in a PR cabin though! LOL. I would be almost to Diamond!

Edited by ryano

ADGREE: Too much of a price difference for me. Besides, I don't think I'd like those

huge ships with thousands of people and requiring more walking than I can tolerate.

For me, the ship itself has always been the destination, and I want a ship to look and behave like a SHIP.

Past sailings on Voyager and Explorer pushed against my limits as far as size and "unshiplikeness" (is that a word?). And that's why I have no interest in Quantum, Anthem, Oasis, or Allure. RCI can keep them, and more luck to them on keeping them filled at those prices.

As long as RCI keeps Vision and Radiance-class vessels in the fleet, I'll keep coming back.

When I want to visit Disney World, I'll go to Disney World. And I won't expect it to float. :D

Edited by LuvBNatC
typo

TOTALLY AGREE!!! Actually, at the SAME price, I'd still opt for the smaller ships. I prefer to see unique ports (the big ships visit the same old places) and I want my vacation to FEEL like a cruise, not like a land-based resort. I want to gaze out at the ocean, feel the gentle rocking of the ship, eat my breakfast outside as the ship pulls into port...

The trend toward bigger and bigger ships with more trendy activities may eventually push me over to Celebrity, where I can enjoy a more basic cruise experience. But relocating ships won't impact my cruise line choice. As Karen said, if I want to visit Disney World, I'll go to Orlando. If I've booked a cruise, it's because the sea was calling! I want the focus of my vacation to be on the sea!

Edited by printingchick