With all the recent changes of RCI ships - how do you feel now?

How do you now feel about your future cruising loyalty with Royal Caribbean?  

476 members have voted

1. 1. How do you now feel about your future cruising loyalty with Royal Caribbean?

• My loyalty to RCI is gone
    • I will shift to another cruiseline for future cruises
    • I will stay the course with RCI
    • I can't even describe how angry I am about the RCI ship-switching
    • The recent news doesn't change anything here
    • Carnival here I come

I voted for "The recent news doesn't change anything here" only because I don't agree with any of the other choices. I believe that RCI was forced to make all of the changes because of Bermuda. However, it would have been nice if RCI had been honest about the reason behind the changes.

We're already booked on the Quantum for the spring of 2015. I'd love to book the Liberty for the fall of 2015, but only if the prices drop significantly. After that, I'll most likely book the Anthem. But again, only if the pricing is realistic.

If the reason really is because of Bermuda, I don't think RCI would ever state that. You don't publicly cast blame like that. It's not good to throw a B2B relationship under the bus.

The shuffling around of the ships doesn't phase me a bit but the new pricing certainly does. DW and I had already decided to take a year off from cruising based on the pricing for Quantum (until now we've been exclusively sailing out of Bayonne), we figured they'd come back down a little after the novelty had worn off. That's now become a moot point which doesn't really upset me as I was only lukewarm towards Quantum and the other "inward looking" ships to begin with.

The current pricing for Liberty is out of the question. My best guess at this point is that we'll start sailing out of Baltimore, switch to Celebrity, or most likely a combination of both.

OP, what's the difference between the first two choices in the poll? They seem like the same thing.

The first is giving up on RCI and their practices....the second is enough angst to switch loyalty to another cruise line.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

I love Royal Caribbean and will look to them first when I book a cruise in the future. However, cruising seems to be getting more complicated, so I'm giving more consideration to some land packages. Maybe it's time to mix things up?

I can't really answer. While I'm not "angry", I'm not entirely happy either. Not because they're moving ships, but because the way they did it. You know rotating ships is a good thing after 2-3 years, not after 6 months:rolleyes:

We're not going to change lines, but we had already planned to try out Celebrity. Hitting D+ this Nov and then we thought we'd look into it. We're now waiting for the Anthem schedule to come out so we can move our previously booked Quantum cruise that we booked for April even though we really wanted Nov 2015. We booked it that way due to the other recent switch for obc and Future/next cruise certificates. But, with the outrageous pricing, we may just go to Tampa instead on Vision and hit some new ports on the southern route. It's cheaper for us to go to FL than NJ to cruise with the pricing we've seen. Heck, our balcony on Quantum for a 12 night is over $5500 which is more than we've ever spent even on a GS on a 12 night on EX.

Why no option for I completely support you Royal Caribbean with your recent Quantum Asia news?

Yeah good point. I'm sure there's people on this board who who live in or near Asia. I have an Australian uncle and he goes to Asia for vacation quite often.

when are they going to put newer bigger ships on the Southern Carib route? I want different ports out of FL...on BIG new ships...

I am disappointed the Quantam will be in NJ because we may have tried it for something different

The poll questions seem a bit biased towards the negative. Where is the "I'm very happy with the recent news and will cruise more with RCI in the future?"

This board is not just for US based cruisers. Many of us are indeed thrilled that Quantum is going to Asia and with Explorer coming to Australia, I see a lot more Royal Caribbean cruises in my future

They can send Quantum, Anthem, and Oasis III anywhere. I'm not especially interested in paying more for a cruise that gives them more opportunities to ask me to pay for things. Older ships mean lower prices which means I can afford more cruises.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Could not have said it better,i agree with you 100%.Have a great next cruise.:)

The poll questions seem a bit biased towards the negative. Where is the "I'm very happy with the recent news and will cruise more with RCI in the future?"

This board is not just for US based cruisers. Many of us are indeed thrilled that Quantum is going to Asia and with Explorer coming to Australia, I see a lot more Royal Caribbean cruises in my future

Hopefully Crown and Anchor the USA members sends some tissues for Easter.

when are they going to put newer bigger ships on the Southern Carib route? I want different ports out of FL...on BIG new ships...

I am disappointed the Quantam will be in NJ because we may have tried it for something different

I hope they NEVER put the big ships in San Juan. Because of their size, they'd be limited to only the big ports - most of which they currently visit on the eastern routes out of Florida. We'd lose the smaller (and in my book, FAR more interesting ports) like Dominica and St. Kitts.

From a totally selfish perspective, I prefer the small ships and was a little disappointed that they've swapped the Jewel and Adventure itineraries. I would have preferred the Adventure itinerary on the Jewel. I'll probably go Jewel... more of the SEA!!!

Doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I am happy they are shifting more away from Florida and the Caribbean. I am tired of the Caribbean and need a break to cruise different regions.

Anxiously hoping that they return to Europe in the winter. I will also be looking at Royal for an Asian cruise to supplement a land trip.

Dynamic dining has no impact. In fact, based on the description, I think I will prefer it.

All the crazy amenities? Again, they mean very little to us as we don't partake in many of them.

What concerns me? The decline in the last 4 yeArs of the quality of service in our staterooms, in the dining room, and in the bars. It is also spilling over to their shore side relations (horrible website, long hold times, and slow responses to issues).

We have been loyal to Royal, but are now cruising solely for the itinerary and looking at new lines. It's just like any other loyalty program....if we're not happy with the product we are receiving then any of the extras don't mean anything. We use less and less of the extras anyhow.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I am happy they are shifting more away from Florida and the Caribbean. I am tired of the Caribbean and need a break to cruise different regions.

Luckily most cruisers don't agree...or else they'd have to change the company name too... :eek::D

RCCL is determined to make the ship the destination,sorry,my first choice is something I can afford,then the ports visited,then the ship. My goal is transportation for a relaxing vacation.Most promotions are family targeted,children sail free,sorry not what I'm looking for. . I am a senior citizen, the Quantum was way out of what I budget, I travel to Baltimore for the Grandeur,yes, a smaller ship,smaller cabins,no refrigerators, but indoor pool with cushioned lounges facing floor to ceiling window,and very affordable. RCCL is depending on cruisers who want the Newest ship but when the next Newest ship comes they transfer to that one. I also loved the Summit to Bermuda, great service. Sorry to not find any Bayonne voyages I can afford,I hope RCCL remembers everyone who sails their ships can't pay higher prices; to pay for gigantic ship's cabins that need to be filled.

We live in Orlando so we are a bit spoiled... but I was hoping Quantum or Anthem would be some where closer. We take our longer cruise in January so I am not going to fly North to travel in cold weather and the cruise for three+ days being cold, when I can take a closer ship and have better weather:D.

I'm 100% loyal to Royal and now that my daughter works on a ship our vacations are based on what boat she's on and going for a visit!!

We've tried Oasis and Allure and found that once was enough for us. Not really interested in Quantum and Anthem at all. We seem to prefer the earlier ship designs, and as long as they keep them up, we'll be happy to sail with Voyager- and Freedom-class ships.

Living 20 minutes from Port Canaveral I really don't care if RCCL moves any ships not sailing out of Florida to China or Timbuktu. Leave some ships near here for me to get on and upgrade them every so often. Enchantment is a great upgrade to Monarch and Freedom is a beautiful ship we love to sail on.