glacier brewhouse

MOMJAHELKA

I know from reading the boards that the Glacier Brewhouse in Anchorage gets rave reviews. Yes the food was very good, a little too spicy for some of us, but generally good. We made our reservation over a month ago for a table for 11people at 7:45, the size of the table was ment for 8, it was way too tight. The service left quite a bit to be desired. Soup and salad plates were still on the table when the main course was brought out, so as they were serving we were clearing. Could it be that all this great publicity is just too much for the Brewhouse to handle? Enough about that, tomorrow moring we board the train on our way to the Coral Princess, I can't wait. I will let you know about the Coral during our trip. 12 hours and counting

Looking forward to reading your review. We are joining the Coral next Saturday for Northbound cruise and land tour.

We leave UK on Thursday - cant wait.

Hope you enjoy your cruise and tell us what the weather is like please.

I thought the food was very good when I was there (and service was good also).

Maybe they were short handed when you went - maybe some people called in sick and people were covering for others? Though truthfully, I wouldn't down grade the service of a restaurant if the salad dishes were not cleared until the entree was served. This is not a 5 star restaurant - just a nice brewery restaurant in DT Anchorage with reasonable prices.

I have never had a bad meal at Glacier Brewhouse and go there every trip.

But I do find that those expecting perfect (like New Yorkers :) No slams, I'm a former) service aren't going to find it in Alaska. Overall dining is much more casual and forgiving. My opinion only. :)

I know from reading the boards that the Glacier Brewhouse in Anchorage gets rave reviews. Yes the food was very good, a little too spicy for some of us, but generally good. We made our reservation over a month ago for a table for 11people at 7:45, the size of the table was ment for 8, it was way too tight. The service left quite a bit to be desired. Soup and salad plates were still on the table when the main course was brought out, so as they were serving we were clearing. Could it be that all this great publicity is just too much for the Brewhouse to handle? Enough about that, tomorrow moring we board the train on our way to the Coral Princess, I can't wait. I will let you know about the Coral during our trip. 12 hours and counting

Alaska is Alaska. It is not New York City or San Francisco.

Don't expect "The Plaza"

We were there for lunch. Probably one of the best burgers I've ever had. Service was exceptionally good.

If we ever get back to Anchorage, that will be out first stop.

• 2 weeks later...

You got it, I am from NYC and have come to expect things done in that fashion. Please believe, I am not a snob, just not familar with dining in other states. Now that all the kids are out of college, its time for us to travel! I apologize to all that feel offended. You know what you live.

Sorry things were not their best at the Brewhouse. As a local, I can tell you we repeatedly take a lot of guests from out of town, as well as clients, to the Brewhouse. It is disappointing to hear they weren't their best when you visited.

Usually it is very good, both service and food (and beer).

Please try it again on your next visit.

When we arrived in Anchorage, we were tired, hungry and grumpy. When the Glacier Brewhouse told us "35 minutes", we went next door to Orso, where they seated us within 5 minutes (and where I had a Glacier IPA with my dinner:D ). The next day, one of our acquaintances on our cruisetour told us that when they were told "25 minutes", they were actually seated in about 10. Oh, well. Maybe next time.

Archived