Excellent Experience on Majesty April 14

We just walked off Majesty this morning and I figured I'd spread some good cheer and our excellent experience.

As you can see from my signature I'm Loyal to Royal, yet have cruised on mostly new vessels (Voyager, Freedom and Oasis classes). We were somewhat hesitant to try such a smaller, older ship, but in the same respect knew Majesty was an icon in Royal Caribbean's history and just had to try her out.

Embarkation was smooth as can be expected at the Miami terminal. The lines were quite long for regular check in, however we are currently Emerald and there was only two parties ahead of us in the priority line.

We began to explore as soon as we boarded the ship. The layout of the ship is convenient, with living quarters forward of the ship and social venues aft. The exception to this is having the windjammer forward on deck 11 and sorrento's, johnny rockets and compass deli forward on deck 12. The viking crown lounge is aft and wasn't what we've come to expect on Royal's ships. There was no "bar", service beverages only, and seemed cramped and removed from the rest of the ship.

Sail away was a great party! The DJ had music pumping at the pool area and a huge number of staff members were out leading your typical cruise/group dances. There were even members of the dance team out leading dances which added a great touch. They were cute, too!

The pool area was in great shape. Two large pools and two hot tubs. Just enough for a sailing without a sea day. We of course missed the solarium, but again, with no sea days couldn't complain. We're not huge fans of Nassau and used it as a pool day. Water was a great temperature, beverage service was on point and

Originally we booked an inside gty for a great steal, but the last week before sailing were able to upgrade to an outside gty for a great price. We were assigned oceanview stateroom 2070. I've noticed many complaints (on cruise critic, complaints? never...) about the size of these rooms but my partner and I found the room perfectly sufficient, especially for a 4 day sailing. This is not vacationing at the Ritz here people... I roll my eyes... The room had PLENTY of storage in the form of a closet with a few shelves and two bars to hang clothing (upper and lower), 8 drawers in the vanity, shelves behind the mirrors of the vanity and shelves in the bathroom. The room was neat, clean, and in good condition considering the age of the ship. Bedding was as always "Royally comfortable." The shower had a curtain, but did not stick to us or even move at all like I've read complaints about. We never smelled the sewage smell that everyone complains about on here, too. It may have, at times, smelled like I was on a ship... But then again I was... So... I roll my eyes again...

The staff on this ship was warm, inviting and some of the best I've experienced in 11 cruises. We loved the Schooner Bar. It was centrally located and just a great place to cozy up to the bar and have a drink from our beverage package. We only saw one show, which was well done, so I can't comment too much on the entertainment. It's just not our thing. We're happy to drink and socialize instead. The cruise director staff hosted an excellent round of quest in the spectrum lounge, which also offered fun dancing and drinks throughout the four days. The spectrum does have the weirdest bar I've ever seen, with the bartenders sunk below the bar. When you order you have to kneel down. It's so bizarre!

We went to Johnny Rockets for lunch one of the days (Nassau - which we treated as a sea day) and it was as perfect as always. Worth the cover charge for sure! There was a gentleman waiting outside of the windjammer directing traffic during lunch. He asked if we were headed to lunch and we said yes, but were headed upstairs to Johnny Rockets. He smiled and gave us cards that offered 20% off the cover charge, which I thought was a nice touch!

We chose to disembark express this morning. Had breakfast at 6:30 in the Windjammer, walked to deck 4 around 7:15 and were off the ship within minutes.

All around this was an EXCELLENT cruise. We loved the small ship feel. Majesty is definitely the "bed and breakfast" of the fleet and we felt that it offered the Royal Wows that we find fleetwide. No, there isn't a flowrider or a Chops or an aqua theater, but we knew that going into it and had a realistic expectation of what this ship could offer. I highly recommend her if you're not too hard to please.

Edited by newcruiser80

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I love your upbeat perspective.

I squeezed in a cruise on the Majesty about a year and a half ago for nostalgia reasons. The Sovereign was my first cruise ship and I wanted to experience that class of ship before the last one of her kind left the fleet. I loved it ... but then I'm a small-ship kind of person.

I'm leaving tomorrow for my first big ship experience since I cruised on the Explorer in 2006. It will probably be a culture shock.

Yes indeed, thank you for your review. It's pretty much my outlook on the Majesty too. We are Diamond Plus and have booked the Majesty for 12 May. We are big ship people and have done most of them and are of course loyal to Royal etc. I am however using this one for a short nice get-a-way whilst we are visiting Florida. I know it will be OK, I don't want all the whistles and bells just a decent ship with food to get me to some nice places for a few days.

I know there are no Diamond or Concierge lounges, but do you still get your free drinks or any other perks? Not too bothered if not as I'm not expecting too much, just happy to be sailing....

Thank you for the review and pictures. DH and I sail on May 2 to the Bahamas on Majesty. It's a last minute company cruise so we didn't pick it and I haven't had much time to research it all.

The photo of the bed in the cabin made me say "Wow!" That will be a bit tricky getting out of bed in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. :)

But as you said, it's a short cruise and we will definitely make the best of it!

WE did the Majesty for a short 3 night April 4th and agree totally with the poster, we also are diamond plus and it has been a long time since we did a short cruise on an older ship, but our daughter was on spring break and it was the only time we could fit into her schedule, we had a blast and would do it again in a heartbeat, just because the ship is smaller and older does not mean it cannot be a good time!!

We just walked off Majesty this morning and I figured I'd spread some good cheer and our excellent experience. I highly recommend her if you're not too hard to please.

Great to hear you had a excellent time. I 2nd all your opinions... for anyone who has never sailed on Sovereign Class and only the big ships, for a 3 day or 4 day add on to any vacation this is an excellent way to get a cruise onto your itinerary. Both times for me on Majesty was a b2b with a bigger ship before hand and still had excellent experiences both times. :)

We just walked off Majesty this morning and I figured I'd spread some good cheer and our excellent experience.....

The staff on this ship was warm, inviting and some of the best I've experienced in 11 cruises. We loved the Schooner Bar. It was centrally located and just a great place to cozy up to the bar and have a drink from our beverage package. We only saw one show, which was well done, so I can't comment too much on the entertainment. It's just not our thing. We're happy to drink and socialize instead. The cruise director staff hosted an excellent round of quest in the spectrum lounge, which also offered fun dancing and drinks throughout the four days. The spectrum does have the weirdest bar I've ever seen, with the bartenders sunk below the bar. When you order you have to kneel down. It's so bizarre!...

All around this was an EXCELLENT cruise. We loved the small ship feel. Majesty is definitely the "bed and breakfast" of the fleet and we felt that it offered the Royal Wows that we find fleetwide. No, there isn't a flowrider or a Chops or an aqua theater, but we knew that going into it and had a realistic expectation of what this ship could offer. I highly recommend her if you're not too hard to please.

Well said about "Her Majesty"........have enjoyed cruising on her 10 times....and everyone needs to go on her before her retirement

• 2 weeks later...
We are thinking about going on the Majesty for a short cruise.

We do they have for entertainment?

Any other info would be helpful too !!!

Thanks!!

Majesty has entertainment each night in the nightclub as well as other thing going on around the ship in the evenings. Lots of fun things go on during the day for those that don't go off the ship. If a port has to be missed for some reason, they fill the day, will plenty of things to do.

Anyone going on Majesty will have a great time.

Yes indeed, thank you for your review. It's pretty much my outlook on the Majesty too. We are Diamond Plus and have booked the Majesty for 12 May. We are big ship people and have done most of them and are of course loyal to Royal etc. I am however using this one for a short nice get-a-way whilst we are visiting Florida. I know it will be OK, I don't want all the whistles and bells just a decent ship with food to get me to some nice places for a few days.

I know there are no Diamond or Concierge lounges, but do you still get your free drinks or any other perks? Not too bothered if not as I'm not expecting too much, just happy to be sailing....

We have cruised Her Majesty many times. Although there is no Diamond or Concierge lounge, there is a Diamond Event each evening in the Viking Crown lounge, where Diamond and above do get complimentary drinks. They do not have a bar, but do have wait service. It is very nice....As Diamond members we stop by the lounge each night for a drink or two before going to dinner, and meet other cruisers as well.

We have cruised on Her Majesty 10 times, and fully believe you will have a very enjoyable cruise.

Thank you for the review and pictures. DH and I sail on May 2 to the Bahamas on Majesty. It's a last minute company cruise so we didn't pick it and I haven't had much time to research it all.

The photo of the bed in the cabin made me say "Wow!" That will be a bit tricky getting out of bed in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. :)

But as you said, it's a short cruise and we will definitely make the best of it!

Keep in mind the photo was of Cabin 2070. If you have a cabin a little higher in the ship, it will be a little bigger. We always try to get Cabin 9070 or one on the 9th Deck....they are much roomier. For instance, the bed isn't directly under the window, as in the one pictured; as you choose a cabin higher in the ship, it does get slightly larger.

Is there a mini fridge inside the rooms?

Every Superior Oceanview cabin that we have been in has had a mini fridge. I can't speak for other cabins. Everytime we have been on Majesty, we have had a Superior Oceanview.

Edited by Paulette3028

Every Superior Oceanview cabin that we have been in has had a mini fridge. I can't speak for other cabins. Everytime we have been on Majesty, we have had a Superior Oceanview.

Thanks for your correction; good information. I will be onboard next week and was able to upgrade to a SOV on sale within my budget. I look forward to the room and the rest of the ship.

Thank you for the review. I just booked on the Majesty for a 25th Anniversary cruise in Sept. Our very first cruise was aboard the Monarch. We loved it and look forward to sailing on her sister, Majesty.

Our most recent cruise was aboard Freedom. We loved that as well, but the size is a bit overwhelming at times. I think any ship is what you make it. I will be sailing with my best friend, AKA my husband, so I'm thrilled. I know it will be a wonderful cruise!