Florida hotels

AIROHS

Hi all, We will be flying into Tampa the day before our cruise and would like a hotel very near the ship, I am in an electric wheelchair so need a accesable room, any help would be greatly appreciated.

There are plenty of hotels in the downtown Tampa area. None of them are really in walking distance with luggage, so you'd need a taxi or hotel shuttle to get to the port.

Most if not all of the major hotel chains have properties in the Tampa area and many have accessible rooms available. Because of your special needs I would not make my usual recommendation of using Priceline to find a bargain rate but a review of the websites of the various hotel options should allow you to narrow your search and find one which meets your requirements. Good luck, and enjoy your cruise.:)

If you'd rather stay near the airport, the Renaissance is beautiful. It's attached to a very nice dining and shopping development.

I doubt there are any hotels these days that don't have accessible rooms.

Edited by bouhunter

The Intercontinental Tampa is our preferred choice. We live in Orlando and sometimes stay there just to get away for the weekend. The rooms are lovely and they have a park and cruise package. Otherwise, there is complimentary parking. It is a AAA 4-Diamond hotel with really nice beds and a Shula's Steakhouse. It is across the street from Westshore Mall where there are plenty of shops and restaurants you can walk to.

Please check into it. you will not be disappointed. The room amenities are first-rate.

the intercontinental tampa is our preferred choice. We live in orlando and sometimes stay there just to get away for the weekend. The rooms are lovely and they have a park and cruise package. Otherwise, there is complimentary parking. It is a aaa 4-diamond hotel with really nice beds and a shula's steakhouse. It is across the street from westshore mall where there are plenty of shops and restaurants you can walk to.

Please check into it. You will not be disappointed. The room amenities are first-rate.

thank you

We stayed at the Hyatt Place in Tampa by the airport and were very happy there. The rooms were large and spacious, so I'd expect an accessibility room to be very comfortable too.

We also stayed there, can get great deals with Priceline if you know how to figure out which hotels are which.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I really liked Hampton Inn Ybor City. Quiet. Clean. They have a free shuttle to the port and in the local area. I don't remember if the shuttle was wheelchair accessible, but I'm sure you could call them and ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk