Can we bring wine onboard?

sjde

The website says there's a corkage fee but doesn't specify that it's only if you bring the bottle in the dining room, which I think is what other lines do.

The corkage fee is for the hole ship - including your cabin.

The corkage fee is for the hole ship - including your cabin.

Little freudian slip there? You think the whole ship is a hole? LOL!!!

Anyways, $15 for each and every 750fl bottle (normal size). No limit.

You pay as you board. Drink it anywhere you want.

Does not matter if it has a cork or not.

Boxed wine not allowed.

Double the price for 1.5l bottles.

You do not pay corkage on bottles you, or your TA, or your family buy from NCL.

The website says there's a corkage fee but doesn't specify that it's only if you bring the bottle in the dining room, which I think is what other lines do.

You may bring unlimited amounts of wine onboard provided you pay the $15 per 750-ml bottle corkage fee. This has nothing to do with removing the cork. By paying the fee, you may enjoy the wine ANYWHERE on the ship including dining rooms, specialty restaurants, bars and lounges AND your cabin/balcony.

Little freudian slip there? You think the whole ship is a hole? LOL!!!

Anyways, $15 for each and every 750fl bottle (normal size). No limit.

You pay as you board. Drink it anywhere you want.

Does not matter if it has a cork or not.

Boxed wine not allowed.

Double the price for 1.5l bottles.

You do not pay corkage on bottles you, or your TA, or your family buy from NCL.

Hi0

Do you pay gratuities when you a family member or your TA purchase wine for you from NCL gifts and more on their website

How does this work? Do you state the amount of bottles and size before you board and then pay a fee per bottle and have them uncork/open whenever you feel or do you just pay when you bring your bottle to the bar or the dining room or to whomever to uncork it?

How does this work? Do you state the amount of bottles and size before you board and then pay a fee per bottle and have them uncork/open whenever you feel or do you just pay when you bring your bottle to the bar or the dining room or to whomever to uncork it?

Corkage has nothing to do with uncorking bottles. Corkage is the fee to offset lost revenue to the cruise line. You pay per bottle when you board. You are then free to drink your wine anywhere on the ship. They will place a tag on each bottle to show corkage was paid.

they opened my luggage,

counted the bottles,

told me my bill was 6 x 15$

and put a paid sticker on the bottles.

i brought some older bottles too so i brought my own cork screw. the first night the waiter didn't know how to open it and left half of the cork in the wine itself.

We just sailed on the Dawn out of Tampa. We had our wine in our carry on and the X-ray screener said something like 'wine!' and we were directed to a table to declare the wine and get it stamped. It was by the honor system to take out all the wine in your bag and pay for corkage. The bottles were not checked again until we brought them to the restaurants. The corkage charge showed up under the MDR Aqua's billing.

One cool thing I learned here on CC is that the dining room will hold your partially filled wine in the wine cellar for you. So we had 1/2 a bottle at one dinner, asked the server to cork it up and save it and then had the rest at a second dinner. We bought wine under $10 per bottle but the cheapest wine on board is about $25 per bottle and my cheap wine was a better product for less $$ including the corkage fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is the only line that does this? Are their alcohol prices reasonable onboard ?

Every line seems to handle this a bit differently. I don't know all the details, but some/most only allow one bottle free of charge for consuming in non-public places. Some only allow one bottle total, no matter how much you are willing to pay. Some charge for additional bottles after the first. NCL allows unlimited bottles with the fee, not a bad deal! Hopefully someone with more experience can chime in with more details.

Alcohol served on board is priced reasonably compared to where we live, not overly cheap but also not overly expensive - right on oar with local bars and restaurants..

Robin

Edited by Fishbait17

We just sailed on the Dawn out of Tampa. We had our wine in our carry on and the X-ray screener said something like 'wine!' and we were directed to a table to declare the wine and get it stamped. It was by the honor system to take out all the wine in your bag and pay for corkage. The bottles were not checked again until we brought them to the restaurants. The corkage charge showed up under the MDR Aqua's billing.

One cool thing I learned here on CC is that the dining room will hold your partially filled wine in the wine cellar for you. So we had 1/2 a bottle at one dinner, asked the server to cork it up and save it and then had the rest at a second dinner. We bought wine under $10 per bottle but the cheapest wine on board is about $25 per bottle and my cheap wine was a better product for less $$ including the corkage fee.

Our experience was very similar to this. We told them about the wine before we put it on the belt, but they still asked us if we had wine in the carrier. Uh, yes, we just told you! We went to a little table and signed a slip charging the corkage to our onboard account. They put stickers on our bottle showing "paid." When we took the bottles to the restaurant (Le Bistro and Moderno), our waiter took the sticker off the bottle and asked our stateroom number. Both times they said they had a list of corkages paid and they would double check it.

We thought the corkage fee worked out well, we had two old bottles that we wanted to drink for our anniversary. To drink something similar would have cost us a pretty penny if had bought on board.

The only funny thing is when our Moderno waiter thought our Chateau St Jean was the same thing as Chateau St Michelle. We both chuckled, but didn't point out the difference.