Fun Ship Freddie

Feelin' Nauti'

We took our DG on a cruise last Sept...She was having a ball at the Carnival Camp until Fun Ship Freddy walked in.... She was so petrified that she still talks about it..

Well this evening my DH started watchin Legend.

Is it a kawinkydink that Lord of Darkness looks like Fun Ship Freddie?

a28a5a3607e7655bd42340602ac36330.jpg ..legend-darkness-statue-replica-prop-torso.jpg

I've heard there's a towel animal running around the ship but I've yet to see it yet

It's an Elephant. We met it on our Imagination cruise. Walking thru Lido then again near Club O2.

It's an Elephant. We met it on our Imagination cruise. Walking thru Lido then again near Club O2.

Same here! We were able to get a photo with him. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't know why, but my 4 year old loves Fun Ship Freddy. I thought that he would run the other way screaming the first time he saw him when he was 1 year old, but he even wanted to bring home one of those Fun Ship Freddy plush dolls :rolleyes: . Slept with it for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

I never saw him on my first few cruises. I did see him wandering around a few port days, or in Camp Canaveral. Interesting is that my sisters first cruise she was petrified of going up on one of the open decks. We tried to convince her even before we got onboard. We're up on one of the decks taking pictures as the Miracle sails out of NY, and low and behold, here she comes up to the deck, and "close" to the railing with Freddy on her arm. Some people just have the touch?!

I haven't seen the giant elephant yet, but I'm sure DS would not be a fan just as he isn't one of Freddie. On the Splendor I asked the camp counselors when he was coming because that would surely have prompted a phone call to pick up our screaming child. They told me that they put the kids who are afraid of him in a separate room. Not sure how exactly that worked out because our son wasn't there for the visit, but at least it wouldn't ruin the camp experience for the little ones.

• 2 weeks later...
He's cute. About what time did he appear (lunch, dinner, 2-3?) maybe I should change my schedule.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

We were in the buffet after dinner.