pretzel rolls

bar mix

gummy bears

m&m's

potatoe chips

cookies

fresh cut up fruit

mozzarella sticks, or any appetizer from a specialty restaurant

Just wondering if mini-suites get anything on Getaway.

Marilyn

Hi there,

In about 50 days, we are heading on the Dawn, I am on the OS and was wondering who your butler was….

Lisa

Lisa, the butlers generally cover about 8-10 rooms so there are several/many on each ship. They tend to rotate their room assignments each week, so not much way to forecast who you might have.

Mmmmmm, Pretzel Rolls

Soft & Steamy Inside......

A glazed, shiny kind of looking outside.....But not hard, maybe Medium Soft. ......

We are obsessed with Pretzel Roll Sammo's in our house. :D

Great to hear. Sounds like same that local mall sells...

Think I will get some cinnamon from the buffet and make it a mid day sweet, back on board treat.....

We are picky eaters and have three kids, so we asked our butler to bring us a plate of chocolate chip cookies and a bowl of potato chips every day. Wonderful for snacking before dinner or for a movie snack before bed. Also we would pick up bags of popcorn in the pub bar (different name on each ship I think) after dinner. And if my youngest wanted gummy bears or M &M's she would fill a bowl with them at the ice cream bar in the buffet. The butler will bring those too, but we didn't want to ask him for too many things. Note: be sure to ask him for the DVD movie list when you board and check out the ones your kids will want to watch - the best ones go fast. You can keep two at a time and exchange them after watching them.

We have only been in a regular suite a few times, and never thought of asking for special snacks. We will be in a suite again in June, and this time I will do things a little "different" thank's to all your posts. :p

For instance - we always receive a large fruit basket on embarkation day, and none of us eat the fruit so it is actually a waste to give it to us. After reading all the suggestions here, I guess I could ask the pre-concierge to please note that instead of the fruit basket we would like some candy (like they have at the ice cream buffet) and chips?

And that regarding the little plates they deliver every afternoon, we would be more interested in the sweet ones (various chocolate) than in the regular mini canapés?

Anita

Edited by TrumpyNor

We got chocolate chip cookies, gummy bears, sandwiches and a fruit bowl every day. Then in rotation we got cheese and crackers, chocolate dipped strawberries and canapés. Our butler noticed what we ate the most and doubled those things when he brought treats. He also asked if there was anything else we wanted, he was great!

Why eat junk like candy and pretzel rolls when there is an entire ship full of gourmet food food right outside your door.

... because if you have little kids - candy and pretzel rolls ARE gourmet food - they couldn't care less about the other stuff!

Edited by pirateprincessinco

Great to hear. Sounds like same that local mall sells...

Think I will get some cinnamon from the buffet and make it a mid day sweet, back on board treat.....

Just to clarify. The pretzel rolls on the ship are not like the warm, soft pretzels you get in the mall with different flavors. These rolls are more like a dinner roll type thing. As mentioned, some like to make a sandwich with them, or just butter them and many just like them as they are. They are similar to a dinner roll but with a dark crusty top like a pretzel.

Just to clarify. The pretzel rolls on the ship are not like the warm, soft pretzels you get in the mall with different flavors. These rolls are more like a dinner roll type thing. As mentioned, some like to make a sandwich with them, or just butter them and many just like them as they are. They are similar to a dinner roll but with a dark crusty top like a pretzel.

They are the exact same thing that were the big craze nationwide starting about a year ago at nearly every burger joint - Wendy's, Sonic, Red Robin, Jack-in-the-Box, Ruby Tuesday's, etc... To be honest, Wal-mart sells really good ones. Not sure why the huge craze on the ship, but I'll definitely try one to see if it's somehow more magic than the ones you find pretty much everywhere you look.

... because if you have little kids - candy and pretzel rolls ARE gourmet food - they couldn't care less about the other stuff!

Ah, that makes sense. I've been reading this thead thinking the same thing -- who wants to fill precious stomach space with gummy bears and chips when there are so many good food options? If I want a snack, I'm heading to O'Sheehan's. The kid thing makes sense though, I guess.

They are the exact same thing that were the big craze nationwide starting about a year ago at nearly every burger joint - Wendy's, Sonic, Red Robin, Jack-in-the-Box, Ruby Tuesday's, etc... To be honest, Wal-mart sells really good ones. Not sure why the huge craze on the ship, but I'll definitely try one to see if it's somehow more magic than the ones you find pretty much everywhere you look.

They are different, more like a cross between a German brotchen and a soft pretzel. I tried buying some locally which were too sweet in the crust, if that makes sense...

They are different, more like a cross between a German brotchen and a soft pretzel. I tried buying some locally which were too sweet in the crust, if that makes sense...

Yep, that makes sense. I look forward to trying them. I keep thinking there has to be a reason for this hype that is occurring right around the time that I am so sick to death of seeing pretzel buns and pretzel rolls everywhere I go.

Yep, that makes sense. I look forward to trying them. I keep thinking there has to be a reason for this hype that is occurring right around the time that I am so sick to death of seeing pretzel buns and pretzel rolls everywhere I go.

Do you like shrimp or salmon? If so, make sure to eat lunch in the MDR at least once. On day 1, they have a salmon burger on the pretzel roll bun. After that, it's a shrimp burger on the same bun. I don't like salmon, so I didn't try it, but the shrimp burger on the pretzel roll bun was really, really good.

And that regarding the little plates they deliver every afternoon, we would be more interested in the sweet ones (various chocolate) than in the regular mini canapés?

Anita

That's exactly what I want to avoid LOL We just had all of that sent to us on our Getaway cruise, and with the exception of the choc covered strawberries, it was nasty. :eek:

That's what I was going to say. None of the land-based pretzel rolls I've tried compare to the NCL ones.

Dang! Why have I never, ever thought to ask for those scrumptious pretzel rolls?!!!! I usually just ask for cheese and crackers...Brie specifically. All but once we got the Brie! I bet that would taste good on pretzel rolls!! Yummmmm!!:cool:

We requested popcorn every night for a bedtime snack, fruit cocktail, cheese & crackers, cookies/brownies, veggies & dip. They will try very hard to bring what you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just wondering if mini-suites get anything on Getaway.

Marilyn

Another way to consider a mini-suite is it is a "Do It Yourself" self service

suite - You do all the Butlering yourself - hiking to the buffet to get what

makes your food fancy or maybe explaining to the MDR waiters you would

like a second helping to go ! LOL !