Not impressed with Port of Galveston

bus man

We just returned to Galveston on NOS. It was very crowded in the terminal at embarkation but hopefully that will be taken care of when the new upgrades are implemented. Debarkation was very easy. We were out in about 10 min. if that long.

We love Galveston because it is so easy to get around in. We do not care for NO. It is too large a city for our taste. Galveston is just the right size for us.

We just returned to Galveston on NOS. It was very crowded in the terminal at embarkation but hopefully that will be taken care of when the new upgrades are implemented. Debarkation was very easy. We were out in about 10 min. if that long.

We love Galveston because it is so easy to get around in. We do not care for NO. It is too large a city for our taste. Galveston is just the right size for us.

Galveston county is about 300,000 and New Orleans is 325,000.

But there are less then 60,000 on Galveston Island and way over 1,000,000 in the New Orleans Metro area.

Closer to 50,000 on the island.

Thank you both for your response because I was kind of confused about rvsullivan's reply. I couldn't figure out how Galveston could be that large when NO has all those freeways and all the traffic and Galveston is more like a small town and so much easier to get around in. We always enjoy Galveston but try to avoid NO.

We just had a wonderful time in Galveston and our cruise. The terminal for NOS was unbelievably crowded but I believe that will be taken care of soon.

Thank you both for your response because I was kind of confused about rvsullivan's reply. I couldn't figure out how Galveston could be that large when NO has all those freeways and all the traffic and Galveston is more like a small town and so much easier to get around in. We always enjoy Galveston but try to avoid NO.

We just had a wonderful time in Galveston and our cruise. The terminal for NOS was unbelievably crowded but I believe that will be taken care of soon.

Thanks Carol

It helps to have one's facts straight:p

We love that it takes no more than a few minutes to get anywhere.

Mary

• 2 weeks later...

This was my first time cruising out of Galveston, and it will be my last.

Good bye. If you blaming the long lines on the Port when they had no control on a power failure then maybe Galveston isn't for you. Or New Orleans too because guess what, we have power failures to from time to time.

Thanks Carol

It helps to have one's facts straight:p

We love that it takes no more than a few minutes to get anywhere.

Mary

Facts huh? Well I'm native to the area and my opinion.

If you like to compare the two cities, draw a circle 10 miles around the port. The French Quarter/Canal Street area is comparable to Galveston Island. There are no freeways anywhere near the NO ports as there are none around Galveston. Want to compare things to do within walking distance of the ports? Probably not. Travel from the airport to the port, I don't think so. Closing the port due to fog, no?

I love Galveston, when I live in the area and can pick and choose when I'm there. If I recommend a cruise port to friends, I always send them to NO. I drive right past Galveston on my way to NO, but to each his own.

Facts huh? Well I'm native to the area and my opinion.

If you like to compare the two cities, draw a circle 10 miles around the port. The French Quarter/Canal Street area is comparable to Galveston Island. There are no freeways anywhere near the NO ports as there are none around Galveston. Want to compare things to do within walking distance of the ports? Probably not. Travel from the airport to the port, I don't think so. Closing the port due to fog, no?

I love Galveston, when I live in the area and can pick and choose when I'm there. If I recommend a cruise port to friends, I always send them to NO. I drive right past Galveston on my way to NO, but to each his own.

If you truly think and feel "to each his own":)

Why do your posts try to put Galveston down?

Your time and efforts in your posts may be better used to make NO look better.