New "savings certificates" question.

It's hard to figure out which cruises have the C&A discount. I logged in and it gave me 433 cruise options when selecting the exclusive rates. I selected the cruise I wanted and out of curiosity left off the state. No discount showed up for an inside or outside. It showed the standard balcony discount that applies to any cruise.

So in a sense, it really isn't showing selected cruises which have been discounted that the old method of coupon would apply.

I liked the coupon list that showed which ones had the inside/outside discounts

Good question, and the C&A discounts are so new that we don't have any reports on whether they can be applied to an existing cruise. The use of a travel agent should not matter.

Although I was able to get one of these new Crown & Anchor rates applied to my cruise next year, I do note that in the wording on Royal Caribbean's page, it says: "Crown & Anchor Exclusive Rates are valid for new bookings only."

They may decide to start enforcing that in the future.

Although I was able to get one of these new Crown & Anchor rates applied to my cruise next year, I do note that in the wording on Royal Caribbean's page, it says: "Crown & Anchor Exclusive Rates are valid for new bookings only."

They may decide to start enforcing that in the future.

Yep, it would not surprise me. The corporate psychologists are probably figuring that they've hit us with too much lately, so they will wait a while to spring that one.;)

Log on to Royal's website, go to the C & A portion and click on Special Offers, then click on "New! Crown and Anchor Society Exclusive Rates." Once there click and View Cruises and you will find a very long list of cruises with special C&A member prices. We just snagged a heck of a deal on a January 2015 cruise on Serenade.

Under 'special offers', all I see is a link to the old savings certificates page and on board booking bonus.

No 'Crown and Anchor Society Exclusive Rates' and not even a short list of cruises with special C&A member prices.

To say 'Royal's website is less than friendly' is a massive understatement!

Edited by icsys

So if I book, and there's nothing available right now, if one does become available am I just out of luck? Or does it get applied to my balance even if I book through a travel agent?

call royal or your TA and it will get applied. Had it done to one of my reservations.