Verandah guarantee

ggglo

We are thinking of taking a verandah guarantee for June 22nd sailing on silhouette. Has anyone done this recently? There is a big price difference (almost $1000pp) if we do this vs. taking an assigned room. We are elite. Anyone out there have any thoughts or experiences?

We are thinking of taking a verandah guarantee for June 22nd sailing on silhouette. Has anyone done this recently? There is a big price difference (almost $1000pp) if we do this vs. taking an assigned room. We are elite. Anyone out there have any thoughts or experiences?

We booked a guarantee balcony for our May cruise and it worked out very well, we have been given a CC cabin on resort deck, now to some it may not be the best cabin as it is shaded and under the ocean view bar but we are more than happy, I expected an obstructed view, my sister booked the same and she was assigned a CC cabin right on the back overlooking the wake.

This is the first time I have booked a guarantee so I don't know of it was first time lucky or not but for the saving I would do it again even if I didn't get a brilliant cabin, £1000 is a lot of money to save, it is another cruise !

Edited by rubydoobydoo

It will be Ok if you are prepared to receive an obstructed or partially obstructed cabin. I can’t recall all the cabin codes, but we were assigned the second to the lowest category. I think it was 2C and perhaps 2D is the most obstructed. Judging by the assigned category, it does not appear that our CC status helped any. We also did an AQ guarantee and received an AQ cabin in a decent location.

Please do not take any guarantee if the cabin location or deck are important to you.

We sail often and cabin location is not too important ( just the major category like veranda, AQ , suite etc).

We take a guarantee if the savings is substantial.

Enjoy and good luck

M

Edited by cruisegirl1