Wrigley80's Carnival Dream Repositioning Cruise Photo Review

wrigley80

I wish I had a pic to share of your dad's face when my husband told him we got a free cruise as our platinum gift!! ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Oh Carrie....we still laugh about that (well at least I do and I know you guys did....my dad maybe not so much....haha).

That was definitely a classic not to be forgotten moment. "We got cordial glasses".....oh yeah "Well we got a free cruise for being Platinum."

Haha I'm pretty sure that's one of the only times that my dad was speechless.

I've kept you waiting long enough. We flew out on Friday, April 4th out of our local airport (Rockford, IL) to Orlando/Sanford Airport. Whenever possible we fly out of Rockford instead of O'Hare or Midway because of the convenience of the smaller airport. The airport at Rockford only has 5 gates....it is so convenient.

CarnivalDream-April42014001_zpse6a54525.jpg

My dad always demands that he gets the window seat on the flight

CarnivalDream-April42014002_zps01bf7462.jpg

Somewhere over Florida. :p

CarnivalDream-April42014004_zpsf32722a3.jpg

I don't see any snow on the ground. After the BRUTAL winter that we had in northern Illinois we were so ready to get out of Illinois and into the warm weather. This winter was our worst in History.

CarnivalDream-April42014005_zpsddab32cb.jpg

That was our plane. I am not a big fan of flying but I take a couple Dramamine and I am good to go for the flight

Our flight arrived in Sanford, FL on-time around 2:15 pm. We had reserved a rental car with Budget (we always use Budget). We picked up our bags and then headed to the rental car center to get our car. I had reserved a full-size car with the U096100 promo code. Once we arrived I showed them my TA verification card and we received a free upgrade to an SUV. We were given a Chevy Equinox. The total price for our rental car was $42.65 with taxes and fees. We loaded up the SUV and I programmed Bertha (my GPS) to get us to Fishlips.

We had a HUGE roll call for this cruise with a lot of fun activities planned for before and during the cruise. Our first cruise activity as a group was a pre-cruise meet and greet at Fishlips Restaurant for 4:00 pm. We didn't leave the airport until 3:00 so I had the hammer down heading to Port Canaveral. We pulled into the parking lot at Fishlips right at 4:00 pm. This party was ready to get started.....VACATION HAD OFFICIALLY BEGUN :D

CarnivalDream-April42014007_zpsbc258ebc.jpg

For anyone who has cruised out of Port Canaveral will know that Fishlips is a perfect place to watch the ships leave. Lucky enough for us there were two ships leaving Port Canaveral on Friday.....the Enchantment of the Seas and the Disney Magic

CarnivalDream-April42014008_zps2d61d153.jpg

The drinks were already starting to flow. I had only sat down for about 5 minutes and I already someone ordering me a drink :p

CarnivalDream-April42014009_zps2ada4ceb.jpg

Enchantment of the Seas

CarnivalDream-April42014010_zps9187df06.jpg

We had called Fishlips on Tuesday (3 days prior to our arrival) and they had a space reserved for us upstairs. It was perfect

If you have an upcoming cruise out of Port Canaveral soon you may wanna check out Fishlips. They have Happy Hour specials on drinks and appetizers from 3:00-6:00 pm. That's why it was such a great time to have our meet and greet :p

CarnivalDream-April42014011_zps5c5930eb.jpg

My dad and Joy. He was so happy to be on vacation again.

CarnivalDream-April42014012_zps32f1a63c.jpg

The lady on the bottom left is Octavia. She was a riot....she was a big organizer of events and roll call members

CarnivalDream-April42014013_zpsd92d5d28.jpg

Smile Bandit and Bandit's Wife ;)

By now it was about 4:30 pm....the drinks were flowing and the ships were pulling out of Port

CarnivalDream-April42014014_zps12997386.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014015_zps63c0e6f8.jpg

RC Enchantment of the Seas

CarnivalDream-April42014016_zps4ff62811.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014017_zpsa95f7f8c.jpg

After looking at these pics and then the pics of the Carnival Dream....this ship tiny

Ok the Enchantment of the Seas had now left Port Canaveral. It was now time to go back for some more eating and drinking before we waited for the Disney Magic to leave

Port Canaveral is my favorite cruise port because of the ease of getting to the port and there are a lot of fun things to do in Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach area.

CarnivalDream-April42014019_zps3de47797.jpg

Looking West down the channel from Fishlips.

CarnivalDream-April42014020_zps75ade49e.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014021_zps24baeb3b.jpg

Me and my best friend.

Two days before we left on the cruise our black lab, Wrigley, jumped up and hit my dad in the mouth and knocked out one his front teeth. He wasn't able to get into the dentist before we left. So if my Dad isn't smiling in some of the pics it's not because he wasn't happy....he was just self-conscious of his tooth. :p Oh well were on vacation

Edited by wrigley80

Another restless native subscribing... Happy to see pics up already though, love following your reviews, I've followed so many of them it makes me feel like we should already be friends!

Edited by xplnusa

CarnivalDream-April42014024_zps224f4645.jpg

It was now time for the Disney Magic to pull out of Port. The captain of the Disney Magic sounded the "when you wish upon a star" Disney horn. You know it's a Disney ship

CarnivalDream-April42014026_zps531fc2d8.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014027_zps5b6dcf25.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014029_zpsa78045be.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014030_zps524ffda2.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014031_zps85f94b0c.jpg

I would love to go on a Disney cruise someday but I am just not sure if I could handle that many kids all in one place

CarnivalDream-April42014028_zps4f81a798.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014032_zpsea189945.jpg

The ships had all left so it was time to get back to drinking. This drink was a Key Lime Colada....so yummy. It is worth a trip to Fishlips just to try this drink

CarnivalDream-April42014036_zps10592f02.jpg

Live Music. This guy kept adding our names to his songs saying that his bags were packed and he was ready to cruise with us tomorrow

CarnivalDream-April42014039_zps699ef1cf.jpg

Me, Annette, Betty, Joy, Tammra, and my dad. I definitely consider these ladies true friends now :)

CarnivalDream-April42014040_zps7523786c.jpg

My dad was paying for a t-shirt that he picked out and of course I had to get a pic of the Dolphins

Welcome back. Looking forward to another great cruise review from BRIANNA and her best friend ( her Dad). We were on the Dream Twice out of Canaveral and loved both cruise. We will miss her here in Florida. Gary:)

I am sad. :(

I have read and enjoyed your reviews in the past. But this time my Norton anti-virus is blocking your pics. :mad:

I checked your past posts just now and can still see those pics. Have you changed the way you are posting pics this time?

Yayyy!!! I've been patiently waiting for this review :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thank-You....sorry to keep you waiting :) I hope it will be worth the wait

When exactly is this review going to start? Page two and still nothing! *grumble*

I was trying to build the anticipation ;)

I got a good start tonight and I only work until 1:00 tomorrow so I will continue on with it tomorrow

I'm so excited to hear all about the Dream! We're on the December sailing with you. :D

Are you on the December roll call for the Dream cruise??? It is an active roll call already which makes the wait for the cruise even more exciting

CarnivalDream-April42014028_zps4f81a798.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014032_zpsea189945.jpg

The ships had all left so it was time to get back to drinking. This drink was a Key Lime Colada....so yummy. It is worth a trip to Fishlips just to try this drink

CarnivalDream-April42014036_zps10592f02.jpg

Live Music. This guy kept adding our names to his songs saying that his bags were packed and he was ready to cruise with us tomorrow

CarnivalDream-April42014039_zps699ef1cf.jpg

Me, Annette, Betty, Joy, Tammra, and my dad. I definitely consider these ladies true friends now :)

CarnivalDream-April42014040_zps7523786c.jpg

My dad was paying for a t-shirt that he picked out and of course I had to get a pic of the Dolphins

Well now i am scared of what this review will have in it. If the pic with the tv screen behind you is any indication (should calipari walk?) lol fyi he is going to stay and when our 9th national championship lolol.. Good start.

Another restless native subscribing... Happy to see pics up already though, love following your reviews, I've followed so many of them it makes me feel like we should already be friends!

Thank-You. You can never have enough friends....I am always looking for more :) ;)

Welcome back. Looking forward to another great cruise review from BRIANNA and her best friend ( her Dad). We were on the Dream Twice out of Canaveral and loved both cruise. We will miss her here in Florida. Gary:)

Thank-You. You will love having the Sunshine and the Liberty at Port Canaveral. That will be the first ships for Carnival with 2 "Big" ships at Port Canaveral

I am sad. :(

I have read and enjoyed your reviews in the past. But this time my Norton anti-virus is blocking your pics. :mad:

I checked your past posts just now and can still see those pics. Have you changed the way you are posting pics this time?

No I am not doing anything differently. I am using photobucket which I always use as my Photo Sharing website.

Is anyone else having trouble seeing the pictures??