No more mailings from Princess?

emmak8

We have been on the Standby list for over 10 years, but never have we received any standby offers. The emails from Princess dried up years ago. I don't know how they know/assume we aren't interested in cruising anymore? We always keep several cruises booked. :confused:

You should call them, we just recieved another several days ago and probably every 2 weeks or so.

We have been on the Standby list for over 10 years, but never have we received any standby offers. The emails from Princess dried up years ago. I don't know how they know/assume we aren't interested in cruising anymore? We always keep several cruises booked. :confused:[/b]

This is why. If you don't have any cruises booked, you will start receiving a ton of emails and fliers.

Edited by Coral

Like many of you, in spite of ticking all the boxes for standby offers and special deals I was receiving no special email offers. I went into my personalizer several times over the last year to check and refresh, but nothing.

Finally I sent an email to Princess asking why. A couple of days later I got a call from them and, as suspected, she thought it was likely because I always have something booked. I expressed my feeling that I was not happy about that and she was polite but did not hold up much hope for anything to change as she believed that is how it is set up.

About a week later I got my first email offer in about a year for a sale ..

Now we will see if any more will start to come.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

For a small fee, I will start saving all the mailings we get from Princess and forward them along to you if you provide a large prepaid shipping box. I figure a 12"x12"x6" box should cover a month. Just kidding! Don't want to run afoul of any rules soliciting business on CC.

Seriously, I think they spend more money mailing us ads over a year than they spend on pillow chocolates or limes for the entire fleet!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My friend and I are convinced that the amount of offers you get, especially the ones emailed, are related to whether you have anything booked. We are both Elite and I have a FCC on deposit, but nothing booked on Princess right now. I get offers either in the email or regular mail several times a week. She was getting them until she recently put two cruises under deposit....then poof, nothing! We both feel the offers are targeted!

I have two booked. One leaves in 15 days and one is in November. I got mail from Princess today. I got email (as did my wife) twice last week.

We also have FCC for our next cruise. Still receiving mail.

Maybe we're the right demographic. Only cruised twice and have two more booked. Perhaps they figure they've got us on the line but are afraid we might shake the hook loose so they want to set it firmly. :D

Edited by Thrak