Upsell

mrsihopes

Is there a chance they will pick you even if you have a "no upgrade" on your reservation??? Would LOVE to get one of those emails! ;)

Its happened before. Best way is to put a META upgrade only, which would be from one cat type to another IE ocean view to a balcony etc.

Hello, thank you for this info. I am currently booked in an OS and I am cancelling the booking. The Suite Perks are just not there and the prices is not a good value. I think they have depended on upsell to allow for lack of perks. It is hard to compare a butler to a phone line, that is one phone # for all of the suites and a mini bar to full size liquor bottles and water and soda inclusive, also a specialty coffee maker in the suite. We treated the couple across in an inside cabin everyday. Like the boards for this reason, you find out the truth and real information.

Quick question--where do you go to see how many cabins in a particular category are available? Thanks in advance!

You go to the Princess web site and follow the path for looking at cabins for a booking. You may have to look at several decks and at several locations on the ship to see all the cabins in the category you are wondering about.

• 2 weeks later...

OMG! I got home and found out that I had received my first ever upsell offer for my 11 day AK cruise! I called them, and they were closed for the day. :(

The only thing is that it was a lot more than the $99 per person offer you received. They want $399 per person to go from an inside to a balcony. I think that's pretty steep when I compare it to your price; but when I compare it to the original price for a balcony, it's a good deal.

I really shouldn't, but I know that when I get on the phone tomorrow that I'm going to do it, even though it is more than I was counting on.

Is there a chance they will pick you even if you have a "no upgrade" on your reservation??? Would LOVE to get one of those emails! ;)

Upsells are totally different than automatic upgrades, because you have the option to accept or decline before they do anything. Generally upsell offers go out to all cabins in a particular category; sometimes they'll specify a Captain's Circle level also.

So whether you've marked your cabin no upgrade or not, you have the same chance of getting an upsell offer.

OMG! I got home and found out that I had received my first ever upsell offer for my 11 day AK cruise! I called them, and they were closed for the day. :(

The only thing is that it was a lot more than the $99 per person offer you received. They want $399 per person to go from an inside to a balcony. I think that's pretty steep when I compare it to your price; but when I compare it to the original price for a balcony, it's a good deal.

I really shouldn't, but I know that when I get on the phone tomorrow that I'm going to do it, even though it is more than I was counting on.

if you'd regret not doing it, go for it and congratulations!

How far in advance of a cruise do the upsell emails arrive?

Wondering how it works...

-Would Princess first sell regular cabins

-Then call with upsells

-Then have the fairy wave her wand and handle the guarantees

-With any necessary last minute changes handled the day or so before embarkation day?

I'm amazed that there is always a guarantee cabin available with all these "changes".

I've been reading that quite a few people on our very full ship haven't received their guaranteed cabin yet and we're just days from sailing. Also read that one person received his just 2 days before he cruised.

Heard that cabin assignments can be given or changed for guarantees right at the port, but haven't read about anyone experiencing this. Has this happened to any of you?

Just curious.

Thanks.

Wondering how it works...

-Would Princess first sell regular cabins

-Then call with upsells

-Then have the fairy wave her wand and handle the guarantees

-With any necessary last minute changes handled the day or so before embarkation day?

I'm amazed that there is always a guarantee cabin available with all these "changes".

I've been reading that quite a few people on our very full ship haven't received their guaranteed cabin yet and we're just days from sailing. Also read that one person received his just 2 days before he cruised.

Heard that cabin assignments can be given or changed for guarantees right at the port, but haven't read about anyone experiencing this. Has this happened to any of you?

Just curious.

Thanks.

it happened to us once when we booked an OV and were upgraded to a balcony. We don't need a balcony but it was nice to get the upgrade.It turned out that there were a lot of inside cabins empty when we sailed, so I think a lot of passengers got upgraded.

Edited by dorisis

I received an upsell offer yesterday - May 13 for a June 3 cruise. This is the first time for me so I don't know if that is typical or not.

Tony

[quote name='love2relax']OMG! I got home and found out that I had received my first ever upsell offer for my 11 day AK cruise! I called them, and they were closed for the day. :(

I really shouldn't, but I know that when I get on the phone tomorrow that I'm going to do it, even though it is more than I was counting on.[/QUOTE]

Not that steep when you consider what you're getting. $36/day extra from darkness to magnificent viewing. Grab it.

Is it possible to get an upsell offer to go from a window suite to a balcony suite?
We're on the Golden in 1/15 to SA. After reading this thread I'm wondering about up sells and upgrades. We've never been offered either on past cruises.

[quote name='augies']Is it possible to get an upsell offer to go from a window suite to a balcony suite?
We're on the Golden in 1/15 to SA. After reading this thread I'm wondering about up sells and upgrades. We've never been offered either on past cruises.[/quote]

Yes anything is possible. I would rather have an upgrade without the upsell. ;)

[quote name='judyjudy56']I am curious if you booked direct with Princess or through a TA. Will they contact you directly if you have booked through a TA or go through them?[/QUOTE]

Last upsell was sent to both my TA and to me. I was surprised they had contacted me directly.

The financial model seems to have changed.

Used to be many posts from people hoping for a free upgrade.

Now there seem to be few of those but instead a number of posts from people hoping for an upsell offer.

I would not expect Princess to give away anymore what people are willing to pay for. Edited by caribill

[quote name='augies']Is it possible to get an upsell offer to go from a window suite to a balcony suite?
We're on the Golden in 1/15 to SA. After reading this thread I'm wondering about up sells and upgrades. We've never been offered either on past cruises.[/quote]

While anything is possible, I'd say this is highly unlikely. Typically upsell offers go across metas -- balcony to suite, oceanview to balcony, etc.