Rumor Mill- Majesty's last sailing 4-29-2016?

So at least was the rumor that crossed my path today. Source is supposed to be a C&A rep, but I haven't been able to back that up yet. Anybody heard anything concrete?

I saw something where someone posted that the Loyalty Ambassador on their sailing stated it was. Nothing confirmed beyond that. I am sailing Liberty Sat and will see if they say anything there.

I am on the Majesty now. The C&A rep told me that the last sailing is 4-29-2016. They announced it at the welcome back party. Let the bookings begin. I'm booked for the last 2 sailings.

This is not a rumor, I don't start them.

Edited by hannibal54

I am on the Majesty now. The C&A rep told me that the last sailing is 4-29-2016. They announced it at the welcome back party. Let the bookings begin. I'm booked for the last 2 sailings.

After what they just pulled moving Quantum, everything Royal says is a rumor LOL.

That's concrete enough for me.

So......... 7 years after the ink was dry.......... :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/archive/index.php/t-953212.html

Took a while didn't it?

Well that will leave the Vision class ships as the smallest in the fleet. Hope they don't plan to start setting them aside any time soon.

So at least was the rumor that crossed my path today. Source is supposed to be a C&A rep, but I haven't been able to back that up yet. Anybody heard anything concrete?

Not true. April 2016 is just when the season ends. Majesty will be around till at least 2017 per multiple sources at RC and Port of Miami. She's still got a few years left in her.

Was Ruthie the L.A. on board? If this is true this must be a very recent development. Because I saw her just two weeks ago.

So......... 7 years after the ink was dry.......... :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/archive/index.php/t-953212.html

Haha! I note that the poster who started that thread hasn't been around since 2009 either!

I found this within the thread from 2009 though... Navigator, Jewel and Grandeur are megaliners! :D

We have been loyal RCC cruisers, but I am really thinking we need a change. If Majesty goes, it will mean the only ships out of Florida (where we live) will be the megaliners, Navigator, Jewel and Grandeur (may have missed one or two). We have sailed on Empress (now gone), Radiance ( now in South America), Grandeur (never again:() and just IOS in January. We like the smaller ships and the Radiance class. Majesty offers a great 3-4 day convenient get away. I would hate to see Majesty leave, but then I do not make decisions for RCC.

I heard into 2017 also. I went I book the 2016 cruse and was told this is not the last sailing. Just the last sailing in the system for now.

Heard 2017 as well.

Was on the phone with Crown and Anchor and doing a live online chat at the same time. Both representatives stated that no official announcement has been made about the majesty retiring in 2016. If that were true we would've heard by now.

Given the recent twist and turns Royal has been throwing out with Quantum moving to China, etc. it wouldn't surprise me at all if Royal decide to change there minds. Until I see an official announcement from royal, not believing.

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

It seems the mystery deepens......

btw, read your photo reviews of Vision and Serenade. Wonderful job. Thanks for posting and your photos are amazing. Going on Vision in 70 days and Serenade Jan 2016 (My Diamond plus cruise). Now I'm even more excited :D

btw, read your photo reviews of Vision and Serenade. Wonderful job. Thanks for posting and your photos are amazing. Going on Vision in 70 days and Serenade Jan 2016 (My Diamond plus cruise). Now I'm even more excited :D

You are quite welcome and thanks for the compliment. I get to do a post refurb review on Vision in June. Should be a great cruise.

Edited by Darkwolfe

You are quite welcome and thanks for the compliment. I get to do a post refurb review on Vision in June. Should be a great cruise.

i'll be on Vision shortly after you. :D The cruise you did on Vision, I'll be doing on Serenade (or very similar)

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

After what they just pulled moving Quantum, everything Royal says is a rumor LOL.

I was just thinking I fully believe the guy who is on Majesty now, but was just going to point out that it could be 100% as of today, but who knows if something happens to change RC's mind or timetable.

I was just thinking I fully believe the guy who is on Majesty now, but was just going to point out that it could be 100% as of today, but who knows if something happens to change RC's mind or timetable.

I don't doubt the guy who's on Majesty now, I think whoever made that announcement onboard was mis-informed and/or not wording his words properly. I think if it was in fact the final sail date we would've heard it officially by now. Also, prices for that sailing would be sky high by now. The current price seems to be the standard price for that time of year.

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

I don't doubt the guy who's on Majesty now, I think whoever made that announcement onboard was mis-informed and/or not wording his words properly. I think if it was in fact the final sail date we would've heard it officially by now. Also, prices for that sailing would be sky high by now. The current price seems to be the standard price for that time of year.

I agree. They're going to get top dollar for the last sailing as they always do.

I agree. They're going to get top dollar for the last sailing as they always do.

The final sailing of the Monarch was priced fairly high as soon as they announced it was the last sailing. Of course, after final payment date, they had a HUGE price drop on the insides and regular oceanviews, down to well under $300 each (I don't think the SOV's dropped in price). The cruise didn't sell out the way I thought it would.

There were actually quite a few people on the cruise who had absolutely no idea it was the final sailing.

I'm already booked for the 4/29/16 cruise. I had been booked on the last two listed for April 2015, until they announced she was sticking around until at least 2016. I changed my mind on doing the final two cruises though, and will stick with just doing the last one. Unless they keep her until 2017, then I don't know what I will do.

Not mentioned here is that Pullmantur is not doing all that well in selling out their cruises. They don't really need MJ anytime soon. This will be a big factor as to when MJ leaves the fleet.

And yes, we have the 4/29/16 cruise booked, as well as the previous one for a final B2B on MJ.

Rick and Deirdra

Edited by Pumbaamd