Entourage - 2 months shy of 13?

ginaf

This will be our 15 ncl cruise with our 12 year son this summer on the getaway. As if August he will be 2 months shy of bring 13 and is really hoping to get into entourage. He loves the idea of a place to hangout instead of roaming around since he doesn't enjoy the younger kids group anymore.( just off the breakaway and didn't even sign up ). I'm hoping they will allow him in since he's so close to turning 13. Has anyone actually been allowed to do this?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were just on the Epic with my DS15, niece14, and niece12. The 12yo was not allowed at all in the club. She hung with us until the teens left the club and then hung with her sister, my son, and their new friends. It worked out fine for her. She did not want to go to the younger club by herself. My son never had a problem doing that, but he's been cruising since he was 3. This was my nieces first cruise. (which they loved and are trying to convince their parents to go on another one!)

This will be our 15 ncl cruise with our 12 year son this summer on the getaway. As if August he will be 2 months shy of bring 13 and is really hoping to get into entourage. He loves the idea of a place to hangout instead of roaming around since he doesn't enjoy the younger kids group anymore.( just off the breakaway and didn't even sign up ). I'm hoping they will allow him in since he's so close to turning 13. Has anyone actually been allowed to do this?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My guess is: nope. they do not bend the rules on age groups and I am sure you can understand why. If they make an exception here and there where do they draw the line? This is like saying, I am only 2 months shy of 21 and I am hanging out with my friends who are a little older, so can't you serve me a drink?

• 1 month later...

We ran into this problem on the Pearl last spring break. Our youngest daughter was a week from turning 13 and they wouldn't allow her in the teen club. Of course that week we were on the ship they largest group of kids were 8-10 year olds so everything was catered to them. My 12 year wouldn't go because everything was too childish. Of course our 14 year old was allowed in the teen club and had the best time.