Anyone know about Rico, the new CD on the Jade?

HokiePoq

We just completed our Jade cruise and liked the new cruise director, Rico. When he was introduced it was mentioned that this was his first cruise with NCL and he'd been hired from one of NCL's competitors.

Does anyone know which one?

There is only one Gary but Rico was very entertaining and a good hire, IMHO.

I guess you didn't get a chance to ask him directly. Did you enjoy your cruise? What was the highlight?

No, he left the CC gathering with the officers before any questions or time to talk to them individually.

Many, many highlights. This was a port intensive cruise....got really tired but saw so much. Sicily was a highlight. One of our roll call members arranged a private tour which went to a small village for a celebration. Everyone there for the most part was a local except for us. We tried to pay for our lunch but the folks serving would not accept our money. Beautiful tradition in that village with the release of doves on Easter Monday in commemoration of St. Gregory saving the birds one very cold winter long ago. We got to be part of the procession following a decorated horse drawn cart which held the birds.

Another highlight was the ship's excursion which went to Florence where we saw the statue of David. After that we climbed the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

Also prebooked online La Sagrada in Barcelona and going up the Nativity Tower. When we'd been there in 2009, only the lower level was open to the public. Now the main floor is open along with two of the towers.

Edited by HokiePoq

• 4 weeks later...

Just off the Jade from 5/3 to 5/18. Rico was the CD. Very nice, very personable fellow. I nicknamed him Rico Suave and called him that everytime I saw him and he would laugh but he remembered me for it. Very handsome, debonaire, well dressed.

He had very high energy and did a great job at Quest!!!

We were on the Jade from May 3 to 17 - Rico was a great cruise director. We have been on the Jade twice previously and had not been big Gary fans. He was a little formal for us. Rico was very personable and lots of fun. He will be going on vacation in two months.

We were on the Jade from May 3 to 17 - Rico was a great cruise director. We have been on the Jade twice previously and had not been big Gary fans. He was a little formal for us. Rico was very personable and lots of fun. He will be going on vacation in two months.

so how was your cruise? will you do a review? am sailing same cruise next year. never been on NCL.

Just off the Jade from 5/3 to 5/18. Rico was the CD. Very nice, very personable fellow. I nicknamed him Rico Suave and called him that everytime I saw him and he would laugh but he remembered me for it. Very handsome, debonaire, well dressed.

He had very high energy and did a great job at Quest!!!

so did you enjoy the cruise? will you write a review? i am going on same cruise next year. have not sailed on NCL

• 11 months later...