Disembarkation, what is the latest?

CruiseNwill

I want to know what is the latest I can disembark? We don't plan on waking up most days till 9-10 (keeping on pst so 6-7). I want to know if I can get up that late still eat breakfast and not have to worry about rushing off.

By about 9:30 or 10:00 staff are actively encouraging you to leave. You won't have to worry about rushing off yourself. You will be rushed off. To put it another way, The Garden Cafe doesn't even open until 11:30 am on turnaround day -- it normally opens at 7.

You can find food on the ship on disembarkation day, but absolutely do not expect to sleep in until 9 am then take have a leisurely breakfast. Ain't gonna work that way.

Last time, I was in a suite... stayed up a little late the night before. By 9:30 am, butler was done with us and changed from "when are you leaving the ship" which she started asking around 8am, to "its time to leave the ship" at 9:30.

By about 9:30 or 10:00 staff are actively encouraging you to leave. You won't have to worry about rushing off yourself. You will be rushed off. To put it another way, The Garden Cafe doesn't even open until 11:30 am on turnaround day -- it normally opens at 7.

You can find food on the ship on disembarkation day, but absolutely do not expect to sleep in until 9 am then take have a leisurely breakfast. Ain't gonna work that way.

Last time, I was in a suite... stayed up a little late the night before. By 9:30 am, butler was done with us and changed from "when are you leaving the ship" which she started asking around 8am, to "its time to leave the ship" at 9:30.

If anything, the Garden Cafe is open a bit earlier on disembarkation day than it is on other days. How can it not open until 11:30 am when they want you off the ship no later than about 10 am? Maybe you meant to say it doesn't stay open until 11:30 am. IIRC it closes by about 9:30 am.

Edited by njhorseman

I think if your lucky, you may get to stay on board until 9:30 or maybe 10. Most seem to be gone by 9.

Sleeping might be an issue anyway as there are a huge number of announcements on that morning, they are serious about wanting everyone off.:D

OP, I looked at our most recent NCL Dailies, including the Breakaway from last month - and it's based on local time, which is usually ship's time. Not EDT, PST, or GMT, etc. - you have the duration of the cruise to adjust to jet lags and multiple time zone changes. BA scheduled arrival is 8 AM and sailing time is 3 PM - use the following as a "template"

On the last day, full breakfast at various venue opened earlier than "normal" starting at 5:30 am. Express Walkoff scheduled to begin as early as 7:30 am and Priority Disembarkation at 8:30 am. Guests are asked to vacate their staterooms by 8:30 am. All breakfast will stop at 9 am. All guests are scheduled to be off the ship by 10:15 am.

Announcements on the PA will go directly into all staterooms after 8 am. Guest services for setting Onboard Accounts including Photography will end at 9 am. There is No Breakfast Room Services on the morning of Disembarkation, AFAIK.

Please keep in mind that there are thousands of fellow passengers arriving on the pier in the morning, some are early risers and they are eager to embark and board the ship.

These times vary depending on your ship and sailing itinerary, you can sleep as late as 8 AM, I suppose, assuming that you can vacate the cabin in 30 minutes and have under 30 minutes to get breakfast. For the next hour, you can relax in a "quieter" section of any public lounges, if you can find one as the announcements will be frequent and ongoing, etc. (Ear plugs & Eye Shades/Blackout Masks ??)

Mking8288 thanks for the detailed reply that was great so up at 8:15 out of room at 8:30 for breakfast then chill till 9:30-10 then get shuttle to airport at airport about 10:30 airport 11:15 plane leaves at 2

You give yourself 30 minutes to get to what airport? I didn't see you post your itinerary. Travel time depends on the city, airport, airline, international or domestic flight.

Edited by kylenyc

You give yourself 30 minutes to get to what airport? I didn't see you post your itinerary. Travel time depends on the city, airport, airline, international or domestic flight.

No 30 min for shuttle to come and 45 to get to airport.... Miami to fll on a sat should not take more than 45 min

My trip is Aug 16

Dining options will close down earlier than normal. Check your daily.

And, when I wanted to FINALLY get my eggs Benedict on last day... sorry, not available.

I also tried to get the freshly made waffles at my last breakfast and they were not available :(.

I have an eggs Benedict hint: the eggs were always perfect but the muffin was soggy. My DH toasted a new muffin and replaced the soggy one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums