E cigs

parisbully

Nope. You can close your eyes and have someone vaping right next to you and you will never know.

That actually depends on what flavor you are vaping. When I vape my cinnamon flavor, it can definitely be smelled..........but it's a good smell! :)

And your point is...???

And the point is (as if it actually needs to be said) that vaping in your cabin is a violation of Carnival's rules. Period, end of story. Nothing you can say or do changes that fact. Don't like Carnival's rules, cruise with someone else who has the rules you like.

This whole situation makes me laugh. All this crap about whether this vapor will hurt us or not. With all the sprays we use, food, health, beauty, cleaning, that are deemed "safe", the medications we swallow for our health, only to find it creates a bigger problem than what you were taking it for.

I'm here using the ecig to quit real cigarettes. The smell is comparable to someone eating candy or chewing gum IF it is smelled. I've gone from 24 mgs of nicotine to 6. After my cruise I'm be going to 0 with another flavor to get myself off of the ecigs completely. It will be a cold day in Hell before I'm seen using my Ecig in the smoking area only. That would be defeating the doctors orders.

I guess the kids who have died as a result of second hand e-cig "vapor" is not enough. I read every few days where testing is proving that e-cigs present the same dangers as tobacco smoke. Putting nicotine into the air is not good no matter the method. Sorry to disagree, but please don't smoke in my cabin!

I'm not a smoker or a vaper but there is no reason to just make things up. It emboldens the other side when you say something so outlandish.

There were articles out a couple of weeks to a month ago about how the actual ingestion of the fluid used in e-cigs was causing some poisonings, but I don't think any of those incidents resulted in death.

Edited by mts315

Just think of all the dihydrogen monoxide that cruisers are exposed to.

Nice. Especially the vast quantities of that stuff literally yards away. :D

If you can get your nicotine hit without anyone seeing you or detecting your vaping, then you have nothing to worry about. Otherwise, since it obviously makes some people uncomfortable, why not be courteous?

And the point is (as if it actually needs to be said) that vaping in your cabin is a violation of Carnival's rules. Period, end of story. Nothing you can say or do changes that fact. Don't like Carnival's rules, cruise with someone else who has the rules you like.

This thread is now about ME and what I like??? You could have just been classy and left it at "And the point is (as if it actually needs to be said) that vaping in your cabin is a violation of Carnival's rules. Period, end of story" to get your point across.

I am sure the OP finds your opinion that they can sail with another cruise line if they don't like Carnival's rules very helpful though.

Edited by bdever

This thread is now about ME and what I like??? Wow you are making some pretty hefty assumptions based on my question to you.

The "you" was not "you" specifically, it is for anyone who thinks it is okay to vape in non-smoking areas while on board a Carnival ship. I guess I should have used my Southern language and said "all y'all". No assumptions stated, pure fact, vaping in a cabin or other non-smoking area is against Carnival's rules. I can post the rules if you (anyone) care to see them, but I'm fairly sure you (specifically) already know what they are and just don't give a hoot.

Edited by Out to sea!

but I'm fairly sure you (specifically) already know what they are and just don't give a hoot.

Ummm hate to burst your psychic bubble ... I assure you there are many things about Carnival and CCL rules/regulations that I give a "hoot" about, but again, I fail to see what the hell this thread has to to with ME and why I am being subjected to your judgement simply because I asked you to clarify a point you were making.

People are going to do what they're going to do. It's nobody's business but theirs and Carnival's. Why do some folks feel the need to mount their moral high horse and parade through the thread tsk, tsking and wagging their condescending finger?

are you going to pay the fine if the op is caught? I think the prudent thing is to tell the op that the rules are the same as smoking. If the op chooses to break the rules, thats on them. I would never say 'you can' to anyone where it clearly breaks the rules.

Is it likely that the op will be caught... Obviously not. But i wouldnt just say 'you can'

relax!!

People are going to do what they're going to do. It's nobody's business but theirs and Carnival's. Why do some folks feel the need to mount their moral high horse and parade through the thread tsk, tsking and wagging their condescending finger?

Because they need to feel better about themselves. What makes me feel better about myself, is staying out of anyone else's business.

This whole situation makes me laugh. All this crap about whether this vapor will hurt us or not. With all the sprays we use, food, health, beauty, cleaning, that are deemed "safe", the medications we swallow for our health, only to find it creates a bigger problem than what you were taking it for.

I'm here using the ecig to quit real cigarettes. The smell is comparable to someone eating candy or chewing gum IF it is smelled. I've gone from 24 mgs of nicotine to 6. After my cruise I'm be going to 0 with another flavor to get myself off of the ecigs completely. It will be a cold day in Hell before I'm seen using my Ecig in the smoking area only. That would be defeating the doctors orders.

The article I read had a smoking cessation doc that said it worked with half of his pop that was using it as a method...So 20 % of his pop was using the e-cigs and it was working for half of them...so congrats on your success..tapering off however one can do it relatively safe...is the way to go..don't know anything much about them but sometimes.... wonder whether tobacco companies might be fighting them behind the scenes.

I come from "chewing" more than smoking country...wonder if they can create or have some kind of weaning process for that..2 of my nephews are hooked.:(:)

Ummm hate to burst your psychic bubble ... I assure you there are many things about Carnival and CCL rules/regulations that I give a "hoot" about, but again, I fail to see what the hell this thread has to to with ME and why I am being subjected to your judgement simply because I asked you to clarify a point you were making.

By your own admission in post #25, you are one of the people breaking the rules. The rest is easy to follow. There is no need to judge, you have already admitted guilt to vaping in a cabin which is a violation of the rules.

Because they put their business on a public forum. At that point, it then becomes everyone's business. Don't want people commenting on someone's business, don't share said business with others. :rolleyes:

The article I read had a smoking cessation doc that said it worked with half of his pop that was using it as a method...So 20 % of his pop was using the e-cigs and it was working for half of them...so congrats on your success..tapering off however one can do it relatively safe...is the way to go..don't know anything much about them but sometimes.... wonder whether tobacco companies might be fighting them behind the scenes.

I come from "chewing" more than smoking country...wonder if they can create or have some kind of weaning process for that..2 of my nephews are hooked.:(:)

That's exactly what is happening. I've been a 'vaper' off and on for 2 years, finally smoked my last cigarette in January.

It's no surprise to me that the 'Big Tobacco' companies are coming out with their expensive and sub-par e-cigs ('cig-alikes' as some call them) just as the FDA releases their proposed regulations yesterday which will require all ecig and 'juice' suppliers be subject to very expensive FDA tests. It's going to very much change the way things are, with many small and mid-sized businesses going out of business. Right now juice makers formulate and offer new and interesting flavors all the time.. with these new regulations, every formulation would have to be sent to the FDA, expensive application paid for, and even then your application may be denied for whatever reason. This all being done by an agency which is already backlogged on testing - what's going to happen when an entirely new industry must funnel through an overworked agency? Nothing gets to market (unless maybe you're Lorillard or Philip Morris).

I've seen LOTS of people in public using eCigs, so tobacco companies have to be taking notice and I'm sure are becoming more and more concerned and want to recapture their lost market share.

I enjoy vaping but I will never go back to cigarettes. If these proposed regulations go into effect we'll still have 2 years before they start enforcing them. I'll step down to zero nicotene level juice and just stop before I go back to cigarettes or give Philip Morris any more of my money. They've extracted more than enough from me over the years already.

Edited by mferris77

That's exactly what is happening. I've been a 'vaper' off and on for 2 years, finally smoked my last cigarette in January.

It's no surprise to me that the 'Big Tobacco' companies are coming out with their expensive and sub-par e-cigs ('cig-alikes' as some call them) just as the FDA releases their proposed regulations yesterday which will require all ecig and 'juice' suppliers be subject to very expensive FDA tests. It's going to very much change the way things are, with many small and mid-sized businesses going out of business. Right now juice makers formulate and offer new and interesting flavors all the time.. with these new regulations, every formulation would have to be sent to the FDA, expensive application paid for, and even then your application may be denied for whatever reason. This all being done by an agency which is already backlogged on testing - what's going to happen when an entirely new industry must funnel through an overworked agency? Nothing gets to market (unless maybe you're Lorillard or Philip Morris).

I've seen LOTS of people in public using eCigs, so tobacco companies have to be taking notice and I'm sure are becoming more and more concerned and want to recapture their lost market share.

I enjoy vaping but I will never go back to cigarettes. If these proposed regulations go into effect we'll still have 2 years before they start enforcing them. I'll step down to zero nicotene level juice and just stop before I go back to cigarettes or give Philip Morris any more of my money. They've extracted more than enough from me over the years already.

If it don't pass now, they are not going to give up. Too much of a money thing, they will keep up the fight.

Thanks for info and great for you..the whole thing was so sneaky from the get go with nicotine,,,was not the peace pipe..

Edited by sjn911
Noticed Melbourne FL...LOL...said Hello Australia...

Because they put their business on a public forum. At that point, it then becomes everyone's business. Don't want people commenting on someone's business, don't share said business with others. :rolleyes:

The horseman speaks. :p:p:p:p:p

That actually depends on what flavor you are vaping. When I vape my cinnamon flavor, it can definitely be smelled..........but it's a good smell! :)

How is it going for you since you got your first devise?

Hopefully it works well and you never look back :)

are you going to pay the fine if the OP is caught? I think the prudent thing is to tell the OP that the rules are the same as smoking. If the OP chooses to break the rules, thats on them. I would never say 'You can' to anyone where it clearly breaks the rules.

is it likely that the OP will be caught... obviously not. But I wouldnt just say 'You Can'

There is no fine for smoking in a cabin just a "cleaning charge", if there is nothing to clean or odour to remove (mask)then there can be no cleaning charge imposed!

The cruiseline "policy" regarding e cigarettes can only relate to public areas because there can be no evidence or proof of use in private areas like your cabin without breaking a privacy law.

There is no fine for smoking in a cabin just a "cleaning charge", if there is nothing to clean or odour to remove (mask)then there can be no cleaning charge imposed!

The cruiseline "policy" regarding e cigarettes can only relate to public areas because there can be no evidence or proof of use in private areas like your cabin without breaking a privacy law.

if they see you use it when coming in for room service or if the steward knocks on the door. that would not be a privacy law and they have every right to impose the same fines as regular smoking. I understand it is not the same and more than likely not have any smell but their rules state that ecigs are handled exactly like regular cigarettes. It would be silly to impose the rule, I agree... but its WELL within their rights since its in the rules

How is it going for you since you got your first devise?

Hopefully it works well and you never look back :)

It's working well. Haven't given up cigs completely but down to 3 or 4 a day and the resting is vaping. Interestingly, I like the cinnamon flavor the best so far.

Edited by Out to sea!