E cigs

parisbully

There are no current laws that I know of which outlaws the use of "vapor" delivery devices in areas that also outlaws cigarettes. While I can't be 100% sure that's the case in each and every locale in the United States, I know that's the situation in the state I live in and they typically follow the norm. They allow each and every business to decide for themselves what policy they want for this sort of thing, the same as any other form of intake (food, beverage, inhalation).

You havent mentioned how YOU came to the conclusion that Carnival made their decision out of Ignorance. Thats what I asked. you said it not me

You're free to explain how what I've shown above defies logic, or goes against any reasonable scientific explanation. Otherwise, it would seem to be a stand made out of a lack of information, rather than a reasoned policy decided upon based on proven facts.

I dont have to. I have no idea how Carnival made their decision so I dont have to explain how it defies logic. they looked it and made the best decision for their company. I assume they put thought and effort into it before making the decision. I dont need to prove what they did use. I didnt say they did it out of ignorance, you did. you prove it

VERY unlikely. I have no problem with people breaking arbitrary rules. That's what eventually leads to the undoing of reactionary rules which are created due to fear. When you have a rule that if broken, absolutely no one notices and no one is caught, it isn't likely a rule that will every last beyond the initial "honeymoon" phase of it's induction.

I believe its WAY more likely than you think. People break just about every rule that Carnival has. I read it here all the time... Smuggling, Smoking (cigarettes), Chair Hog, Dress code, When to get back to the ship, Age limits for certain functions, etc... people try to break every rule. If you get away with one, you try another and another... This is just another rule that people that don't care about rules try to break. People make the decision on their own without care for anyone else (including Carnival) to break rules. If you don't like these rules, why not give your money to a company that shares what you feel is right?

I'm not trying to convince you. I know your mind is made up. But to say a Company made a decision out of ignorance so you will break it without any documented proof is just giving you an excuse to break the rules.. you broke the rules cause you don't like it (even if the rule is for a good reason)

Have a great weekend

Once again people posting about something they know nothing about. But this shouldnt surprise anyone. After all it is the Carnival Forum. SMH!

Now for what its worth. I could be standing next you using my e cig and you would never know. Maybe you see me putting something up to my mouth but nothing comes out. Just like magic! No smell, no nothing.

I really dont know why I read the Carnival board. I never really learn anything but how to complain, gripe and how to put other people down.

Once again people posting about something they know nothing about. But this shouldnt surprise anyone. After all it is the Carnival Forum. SMH!

Now for what its worth. I could be standing next you using my e cig and you would never know. Maybe you see me putting something up to my mouth but nothing comes out. Just like magic! No smell, no nothing.

I really dont know why I read the Carnival board. I never really learn anything but how to complain, gripe and how to put other people down.

not sure if you are referring to any of my comments but let me state for the record, I have nothing against ecigs and I have friends and family that use them in front of me with no issues. I also believe its a great way to try to cut down and quit smoking cigarettes if you are having trouble.

Personally, I think they are better than cigarettes (not sure how much yet).

not sure if you are referring to any of my comments but let me state for the record, I have nothing against ecigs and I have friends and family that use them in front of me with no issues. I also believe its a great way to try to cut down and quit smoking cigarettes if you are having trouble.

Personally, I think they are better than cigarettes (not sure how much yet).

I dont think anyone would actually be attacking you personally if they had read the entire thread;)

Its a bit like "Out To Sea" he is a stickler for rules but you cant argue wrong is right as you loose with him everytime:) We have been at it for a couple of years now with every type of cruise rule:p

I think the big reactions come because nobody who has quit smoking wants to be treated like a smoker just because they now vape instead. Vaping is not smoking! So why should vapers be made to be with smokers? its like making a marathon dieter sit in a cream cake shop for dinner because they still need to eat! When they do (And they will) become part of an official Nicotine replacement therapy NRT around the world then many of the same non smokers will be commending quitters for vaping and not smoking:)

There are already nicotine vaporizers that do not emit any visible vapour but they are allowed in non smoking areas because they are approved as official NRT, these will also contain nicotine in the expelled breath and usually much more but you dont hear people objecting to them because they cant see anything!

When is smoke not smoke? when its steam.

When is a cream cake not a cream cake? when its a carrot:)

Edited by fishtaco

There is no "law", and the companies are doing so out of ignorance. I've outlined why the rules are irrelevant. If you choose to adhere to them, that's you business.

I understand it is not "law" (hence the words "as such"). Just because you disagree with their position does not mean their position is based on ignorance (and I doubt you have actually taken to time to find out why they have the rule in the first place). It has nothing to do with "choosing" to adhere to rules or not adhere to rules, it is expected of all to adhere to the rules. I'm sure you'd be the first one griping about Chogs and line breakers and such if you saw them, but with your attitude, you shouldn't, as it's their business and not yours. :rolleyes:

New regs coming soon for e-cigs. They have been found to be as dangerous as regular cigs in testing. I don't think the rules will lighten up any for these. Probably stay the same as other tobacco fires.

ROFLMAO...See info like this is what is absolutely ridiculous. No they have been found to be so much safer then regular cigarettes. EVERY STUDY SHOWS THAT!!!

I remember when people would argue that second hand smoke was safe and no danger in it. Now people want to argue e-cigs are safe. But yet, states, counties, and cities across this country are enacting or in the process of enacting laws to change the language to include e-cigs with the same restrictions as all tobacco products.

This is not candy, it is chemicals and the "majority" of people recognize that this is eventually going to be regulated and restricted and most also recognize, that putting chemicals and vapor into your lungs will not be safe.

It's a tough argument to prove it is safe. You could argue this all night, but the end result will be it's not safe and it will be regulated.

Guess all those asthmatics better watch out then since their inhalers contain the same exact ingredients as e-cigarettes minus the nicotine. How is that for an argument for safety

I guess the kids who have died as a result of second hand e-cig "vapor" is not enough. I read every few days where testing is proving that e-cigs present the same dangers as tobacco smoke. Putting nicotine into the air is not good no matter the method. Sorry to disagree, but please don't smoke in my cabin!

absolutely no one has died as a result of second hand e-cig vapor. You are clueless. Actually you will be hard pressed to find definitive proof that anyone has actually died as a result of second-hand cigarette smoke.

The "you" was not "you" specifically, it is for anyone who thinks it is okay to vape in non-smoking areas while on board a Carnival ship. I guess I should have used my Southern language and said "all y'all". No assumptions stated, pure fact, vaping in a cabin or other non-smoking area is against Carnival's rules. I can post the rules if you (anyone) care to see them, but I'm fairly sure you (specifically) already know what they are and just don't give a hoot.

Carnival didn't enforce the e-cig rules on my cruise on the Liberty. Carnival doesn't enforce the e-cig rules on most cruises.

The article I read had a smoking cessation doc that said it worked with half of his pop that was using it as a method...So 20 % of his pop was using the e-cigs and it was working for half of them...so congrats on your success..tapering off however one can do it relatively safe...is the way to go..don't know anything much about them but sometimes.... wonder whether tobacco companies might be fighting them behind the scenes.

I come from "chewing" more than smoking country...wonder if they can create or have some kind of weaning process for that..2 of my nephews are hooked.:(:)

Try SNUS...It helps

im not debating this with you. I meant when they knocked, you had it in your hand or someone else did... caught 100% - not a 'possibility'

there can never be a resolution on this. This is all I can say

the policy is

Guests who smoke in their staterooms will be assessed a $250 cleaning and refreshing fee on their Sail & Sign account. Information on this fee is included in Carnival’s ticket contract.

It doesnt say if they need to or if its necessary. Since ecigs have the SAME rules... this applies as written.

I agree it would be stupid to actually fine someone but according to their rules if they CATCH you (ecig in hand using it) then they can enforce the above rule (as unlikely as it is).

VAPING is not SMOKING so no rule is violated

Note my mention of using ecigs as a part of a cessation program. I wonder slightly at the risk of remaining hooked on them though as compared to using nicotine gum, patches, or lozenges which also break the oral habit as well.

I know a man that has been addicted to nicotine gum for 22 years. he doesn't smoke anymore though and hasn't in 22 years

ROFLMAO...See info like this is what is absolutely ridiculous. No they have been found to be so much safer then regular cigarettes. EVERY STUDY SHOWS THAT!!!

Not about the safety, its about making up for the bucks lost on tobacco. I'll be done and off the ecig before this new crap starts, so they're not getting crap off of me.

Not about the safety, its about making up for the bucks lost on tobacco. I'll be done and off the ecig before this new crap starts, so they're not getting crap off of me.

You're right. It's just a money grab on the horizon. It's all about the money. Greedy bastids.

I was replying to someone who said that its not against the rules, I bet you knew that and still posted this that made no sense.

I bet you don't even smoke or vape, in which case the rules regarding such and this thread have no bearing on your cruising experience. As such, the only reason you would reply to this thread is to stir up unnecessary controversy. Am I right?

I bet you don't even smoke or vape, in which case the rules regarding such and this thread have no bearing on your cruising experience. As such, the only reason you would reply to this thread is to stir up unnecessary controversy. Am I right?

wait... Please show me the sign where it says you need to smoke or vape to post on this thread. is there a reason you keep posting on me instead of answering someone questions or adding insight into the OP question?

And while I dont smoke or vape, I have friends and family who do and have been on Carnival cruises with them.

If someone asks the distance between the earth and the moon, do you have to have gone to the moon in order to answer it?

Someone asked a question, I answered the question correctly. No controversy until you attacked me. why are you on my case?

someone said that Vaping is not smoking so it doesnt fit the rule. I explained that Carnival sees vaping and smoking as the same thing for their rules.... where is the controversy?

Edited by hftmrock

wait... Please show me the sign where it says you need to smoke or vape to post on this thread. is there a reason you keep posting on me instead of answering someone questions or adding insight into the OP question?

And while I dont smoke or vape, I have friends and family who do and have been on Carnival cruises with them.

If someone asks the distance between the earth and the moon, do you have to have gone to the moon in order to answer it?

Someone asked a question, I answered the question correctly. No controversy until you attacked me. why are you on my case?

LOL. That was an attack? Well I sure hope you don't ever catch me on a day when I'm in a bad mood. :p :D:rolleyes::cool:

someone said that Vaping is not smoking so it doesnt fit the rule. I explained that Carnival sees vaping and smoking as the same thing for their rules.... where is the controversy?

Exactly!

You may "vape" anywhere that no one can see you....there's no odor and no way to tell you've been doing it! That's what's so nice! No smell!

Not in accordance with the rules. Now for those who have no (or little) integrity, your advice may certainly apply.

Not in accordance with the rules. Now for those who have no (or little) integrity, your advice may certainly apply.

Thank you. Your condescension precedes you.

it will probably be about 2 years before they get there and I'm with you...I will be done and off e-cig by then