E cigs

parisbully

ecigs, according to Carnival are to be treated EXACTLY like cigarettes so rules HAVE been broken

No they haven't...You didn't read the rules very well:

"Guests who smoke in their staterooms will be assessed a $250 USD cleaning and refreshing fee on their Sail & Sign account"

As vaping is not smoking Carnival can't assess the cleaning and refreshing fee as there is no smoke in the stateroom

wait... Please show me the sign where it says you need to smoke or vape to post on this thread. is there a reason you keep posting on me instead of answering someone questions or adding insight into the OP question?

And while I dont smoke or vape, I have friends and family who do and have been on Carnival cruises with them.

If someone asks the distance between the earth and the moon, do you have to have gone to the moon in order to answer it?

Someone asked a question, I answered the question correctly. No controversy until you attacked me. why are you on my case?

someone said that Vaping is not smoking so it doesnt fit the rule. I explained that Carnival sees vaping and smoking as the same thing for their rules.... where is the controversy?

No the rules don't state that. As a matter of fact the only rule that is stated is that e-cigarettes can only be used in designated smoking areas. No where in Carnival's "policy" does it state that they see vaping and smoking as the same thing

Not in accordance with the rules. Now for those who have no (or little) integrity, your advice may certainly apply.

Some of us don't believe that not following arbitrary rules based on emotion means we have no or little integrity. Ignoring the law yes...not following a rule that isn't specifically stated and not against the law...Not so much

No they haven't...You didn't read the rules very well:

"Guests who smoke in their staterooms will be assessed a $250 USD cleaning and refreshing fee on their Sail & Sign account"

As vaping is not smoking Carnival can't assess the cleaning and refreshing fee as there is no smoke in the stateroom

The "rule" actually says:

Effective December 1, 2011, smoking will be prohibited in all guest staterooms. Guests in balcony staterooms may smoke (including cigars) outside on their balcony.

Note: Electronic cigarettes or e-cigarettes are only allowed in the designated smoking areas.

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx

The "rule" actually says:

Effective December 1, 2011, smoking will be prohibited in all guest staterooms. Guests in balcony staterooms may smoke (including cigars) outside on their balcony.

Note: Electronic cigarettes or e-cigarettes are only allowed in the designated smoking areas.

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx

thanks Shmoo... I wished people actually read the rules before posting

Some of us don't believe that not following arbitrary rules based on emotion means we have no or little integrity. Ignoring the law yes...not following a rule that isn't specifically stated and not against the law...Not so much

now that you see its specifically stated... I am sure it makes no difference to you

Edited by hftmrock

thanks Shmoo... I wished people actually read the rules before posting

And funnily enough the rule i posted about the cleaning fee was a direct quote from Carnival's web page...Seems I read the rules just fine. No smoke in the stateroom means no "smoke" cleaning fee can be assessed. Which part of e-cigarettes burn nothing and create no smoke are you folks not understanding?

now that you see its specifically stated... I am sure it makes no difference to you

Nope...Funnily enough it didn't make a damn bit of difference to Carnival either as we vaped everywhere except dining rooms/lido restaurant including the piano bar and nobody gave a damn about it

By the way the whole "saving chairs" rule is specifically stated as well but doesn't seem to matter to most folks they save chairs anyway

Edited by gemsm

Nope...Funnily enough it didn't make a damn bit of difference to Carnival either as we vaped everywhere except dining rooms/lido restaurant including the piano bar and nobody gave a damn about it

By the way the whole "saving chairs" rule is specifically stated as well but doesn't seem to matter to most folks they save chairs anyway

I agree...

I put the alcohol smugglers, the chair Hogs, The smoking and ecig violators all in the same category

I agree...

I put the alcohol smugglers, the chair Hogs, The smoking and ecig violators all in the same category

I put the people that are too busy getting up in everybody else's business instead of minding there own into their own category...Unfortunately that category is bigger then all the others combined

I put the people that are too busy getting up in everybody else's business instead of minding there own into their own category...Unfortunately that category is bigger then all the others combined

getting up in everybody else's business instead of minding their own business in an open cruise forum... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

GOOD ONE!!!! You do have a sense of humor! :p

Bless your heart

getting up in everybody else's business instead of minding their own business in an open cruise forum... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

GOOD ONE!!!! You do have a sense of humor! :p

Bless your heart

No I didn't say anything about on the forums...But I really don't understand why people are so worried about chair hogs, alcohol smugglers, and if people are vaping in their cabin while on a cruise. I was worried about not getting to my 15 drink limit too early, not getting a sunburn, having a good time, enjoying as much entertainment as possible and not exploding from eating too much food. But then again I am a live and let live kind of person so unless somebody is doing something specifically to distract from others enjoyment I could really care less

No I didn't say anything about on the forums...But I really don't understand why people are so worried about chair hogs, alcohol smugglers, and if people are vaping in their cabin while on a cruise. I was worried about not getting to my 15 drink limit too early, not getting a sunburn, having a good time, enjoying as much entertainment as possible and not exploding from eating too much food. But then again I am a live and let live kind of person so unless somebody is doing something specifically to distract from others enjoyment I could really care less

hftmrock is only in this thread to stir the pot and tell us how much better they are than everyone else because they would never break a Carnival rule. Don't get caught up in their crap or they will accuse you of attacking them. LOL

You may "vape" anywhere that no one can see you....there's no odor and no way to tell you've been doing it! That's what's so nice! No smell!

Wow, so many post you have. Hope most of them are not as idiotic as this one. I bet not.

Thank you. Your condescension precedes you.

It may sound condescending, but so does everyone who runs around saying how they mission in life is to break every known rule in the universe. You have the right to talk about how you are going to get away with whatever you want, i have the right to say just how wrong that is. You don't want to hear me say it's wrong, don't tell us what you are going to do wrong. If you think someone is condescending for stating the facts (it is a violation of the rules to use an e-cig anywhere that cigarettes are not allowed on board) then that's your problem, not mine.

No the rules don't state that. As a matter of fact the only rule that is stated is that e-cigarettes can only be used in designated smoking areas. No where in Carnival's "policy" does it state that they see vaping and smoking as the same thing

No, smoking and vaping are not the same thing......but on board, they are treated the same.

And many people who don't follow rules don't follow the law either, at least when it's inconvenient for them.

If you don't like the "arbitrary rules" (as you put it) of a business, why do you frequent said business?

I guess, Chogs, line breakers, and such don't bother you at all since the person doing such actions consider those rules to be "arbitrary".

And funnily enough the rule i posted about the cleaning fee was a direct quote from Carnival's web page...Seems I read the rules just fine. No smoke in the stateroom means no "smoke" cleaning fee can be assessed. Which part of e-cigarettes burn nothing and create no smoke are you folks not understanding?

What part of "e-cigs can only be used in designated smoking areas" (which a cabin is not) do you not understand? You can rationalize it all day long, doesn't change the fact that you are breaking the rules.

Edited by Out to sea!

No one forced you to write your illicit activities on a public website. Once you do that, you just made it everyone else's business. :rolleyes:

hftmrock is only in this thread to stir the pot and tell us how much better they are than everyone else because they would never break a Carnival rule. Don't get caught up in their crap or they will accuse you of attacking them. LOL

this started because someone incorrectly posted what the rule was and I helped get an understanding of what the rule is according to carnival. Yes that is REALLY stirring the pot.. dont ever help someone if they make a mistake. Dont show anyone that what they posted was wrong. That would be stirring the pot. My post about the rule was 100% harmless and all it did was correct a mistake. then you all attacked me.

For the record, I believe ecigs are a good thing in comparison to cigarettes and I think the rule on board should be changed. That doesnt mean I think people should arbitrarily decide what rules to follow and what not to follow. If you dont like the rules on a particular cruise line, there are other options.

If you didnt reply to my post just saying what the rules are, none of this happens. you thought YOU knew better than me and had to correct me. then I was just defending myself.

What part of "e-cigs can only be used in designated smoking areas" (which a cabin is not) do you not understand? You can rationalize it all day long, doesn't change the fact that you are breaking the rules.

Let me put it this way for you as you have just started experimenting on an e cig for the first time to try and quit smoking! Most people who vape do not use "electronic cigarettes" they use personal vaporizers or a "PV", where in the Carnival rules does it say using a personal vaporiser is only permitted in smoking areas:confused: It doesnt because there is no such rule! 99.9% of PV,s do not even remotely resemble a cigarette so cannot be an "electronic cigarette"

Way too many people are confused about the entire e cigarette issue because its new to them and for this reason the worlds Huge Vaping community over many years have demanded and acquired vaporising devises that are non cigarette looking or acting or replicating and for more than just avoiding public scrutiny but also for personal satisfaction in knowing they are Cigarette free!

You personally may not use your "e cigarette" onboard because the rules say so but I do not use an e cigarette so I can quite happily vape on my PV within Carnivals rules unless you can show me Carnivals rules on vaporisation/atomisation. Here lays the confusion between Me many other vapours and you along with the many non informed/knowing.

To force personal vaporiser use to smoking areas only Carnival would have to force the use of Neutralisers and even vaporising congestion remedies use for the common cold into smoking areas only.

The real confusion is in the minds of those that think people are smoking so there for they are! The fat persons is eating again so it must be another cream cake!

The Vaping community on whole is always one step ahead of the sceptics, join an online vaping community and see the proof for yourself:)

Let me put it this way for you as you have just started experimenting on an e cig for the first time to try and quit smoking! Most people who vape do not use "electronic cigarettes" they use personal vaporizers or a "PV", where in the Carnival rules does it say using a personal vaporiser is only permitted in smoking areas:confused: It doesnt because there is no such rule! 99.9% of PV,s do not even remotely resemble a cigarette so cannot be an "electronic cigarette"

Way too many people are confused about the entire e cigarette issue because its new to them and for this reason the worlds Huge Vaping community over many years have demanded and acquired vaporising devises that are non cigarette looking or acting or replicating and for more than just avoiding public scrutiny but also for personal satisfaction in knowing they are Cigarette free!

You personally may not use your "e cigarette" onboard because the rules say so but I do not use an e cigarette so I can quite happily vape on my PV within Carnivals rules unless you can show me Carnivals rules on vaporisation/atomisation. Here lays the confusion between Me many other vapours and you along with the many non informed/knowing.

To force personal vaporiser use to smoking areas only Carnival would have to force the use of Neutralisers and even vaporising congestion remedies use for the common cold into smoking areas only.

The real confusion is in the minds of those that think people are smoking so there for they are! The fat persons is eating again so it must be another cream cake!

The Vaping community on whole is always one step ahead of the sceptics, join an online vaping community and see the proof for yourself:)

I think Carnival should do more research and hopefully change the rules they put out there.

I like your style fishtaco. I wonder how we are going to get around the BS FDA deemed regulations with our PV's though. THey seem to think they are "tobacco products"...what a crock

And many people who don't follow rules don't follow the law either, at least when it's inconvenient for them.

If you don't like the "arbitrary rules" (as you put it) of a business, why do you frequent said business?

I guess, Chogs, line breakers, and such don't bother you at all since the person doing such actions consider those rules to be "arbitrary".

No they really don't bother me. It is rude and inconsiderate but in this day and age that is pretty much the norm most places unfortunately. Smuggling alcohol and vaping in the cabin doesn't harm my fellow passengers so that REALLY doesn't bother me...Especially since I have no clue if its going on unless I was an extremely nosy busybody