How many days before cruise did u get guarantee cabin?

b_cruise

our cabin for the the june 9th sailing of the freedom posted today. 8248. Looks to be pretty decent. now lets just hope it doesn't get changed prior to sailing. 31 days out and counting.

Edited by morganboys

All three of our gty experiences have been on Fantasy-class ships.

1) Booked inside gty 19 days out, received porthole cabin assignment the next day.

2) Booked inside gty 8 days out, received Empress Deck midship assignment five days before sailing.

3) Just this week, booked inside gty less than 72 hours before sailing; received Upper Deck aft assignment 24 hours later. We sail tomorrow. :)

I've gotten some gty assignments quickly, some not until at port.

I'm sailing the Miracle for the next three weeks. All were booked gty. First week, I got the cabin shortly after booking in, Jan. Weeks 2 and 3 booked recently, still not assigned. I don't care, as long as I'm on the ship. :)

This will be my first cruise that I have ever booked this close to sailing. We booked the Liberty for May 31, did this last night - did the inside guarantee. Booked a cabin for my parents on Sunday also an inside guarantee.

Was interesting as both reps pretty much said we wouldn't get our cabin until arriving at port. Will be interesting to see as most of the time when I booked a guarantee, we wound up seeing better prices to upgrade. I don't guess we are overly worried about location. I have been on ships, up high, down low, forward, aft and middle. Haven't had an area I wasn't thrilled about yet. Guess we shall see.

So far neither booking has a cabin and we are 16 days from sailing. It is a birthday cruise for me (my birthday is May 30) and also my sister who's birthday was May 3. Maybe Carnival will be nice to us. I haven't sailed with them since 2010.

Booked a gty inside for the June 1st sailing on the Breeze yesterday and we have already been assigned our cabin 17 days out.

Sent from my KFTHWA using Forums mobile app

Edited by lollylew

Never booked a guarantee before and am 53 days out. Will Carnival email assignment or do I just keep checking their website?

I haven't seen an email from Carnival but checked my booking and our cabin had been already assigned.

And I am on the same sailing gty inside....still unassigned. I was told it could be when I get to port, so if it is before it will be a surprise!

As a follow up...I was assigned when i checked on may 7th..for June 1st cruise. I was happy deck 7 int, traveling solo. Others on my roll call had interior assignments about the same time.

Like Tara Jane said, it can be anytime from the day you book, right up to the time you check in at the port. If it makes you feel a bit less apprehensive, I've found that the later I've received my cabin assignment, the better the chances of a nice upgrade in accommodations. :cool:Good luck, and I'll bet you enjoy your cruise. ;)

"SKY"

Truth. I got upgraded interior to ov 6A on sensation last fall and I got an email informing me of the upgrade about 48 hours before sailing. They didn't even have time to update our information for the personalized paperwork in our cabin or let the steward know we had a later dining time. It was ok though. I booked an ov guarantee for a sailing this past week and although I only booked it about a week out, I got my cabin assignment about 4 or 5 days before boarding day. They are usually pretty good about that stuff.

Guess I should update too bad add that we got our cabin assignment too....for under the galley!! We're bringing earplugs :what:

Call to see if you can go back into the lottery mix for a different cabin. The worse they can say is no.

I thought I would take a poll, see if there is any pattern.

How many days before ur cruise did you receive your cabin number for your "guarantee' booking?

( for anyone not aware of this type of booking, it is when u let Carnival pick ur room)

So far I have seen 20 days and 23 days.

On Glory in 2006, we didn't get our OV guarantee until we boarded, and it turned out to be a balcony!

I've gotten some gty assignments quickly, some not until at port.

I'm sailing the Miracle for the next three weeks. All were booked gty. First week, I got the cabin shortly after booking in, Jan. Weeks 2 and 3 booked recently, still not assigned. I don't care, as long as I'm on the ship. :)

If you have to wait till at port, how does that impact your preprinted luggage tags?

If you have to wait till at port, how does that impact your preprinted luggage tags?

They have the luggage tags at the port.

I just bring a sharpie to fill them in. It is really easy.

I would suggest to any one with a "Guarantee Cabin " to call Carnival and see if your Cabin number has been assigned. You might just get lucky......I booked a "Gaurantee" on April 21st. And when on a day off from work on May 5th. I decided to take a chance and call to see if they could tell me anything and sure enough they could give me my room number. Go on give Carnival a call.....you may be glad you did.

First time doing this as it was ~200 cheaper than picking your room. Carnival rep said the system starts assigning the rooms 30 days from the start.

Anyone book interior and get the bunk beds? That is the only thing I am worried about with doing an interior room. Is it even possible?

We got our assignments 30 days out. Interior guarantee....1 cabin deck 1 aft and 3 cabins deck 7 aft.

Happy they aren't under galley or public area.

Have you looked a deck plans if your ship to find out? We got our assignment and unfortunately, we are under the galley but I can't complain TOO MUCH especially for the price we paid! Just going to bring earplugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Have you looked a deck plans if your ship to find out? We got our assignment and unfortunately, we are under the galley but I can't complain TOO MUCH especially for the price we paid! Just going to bring earplugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes, we have cabins above and below us. Thank goodness!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk