Drink Package-how did you like it?

We had the drink package on the Oct 5 th sailing of the Freedom of the Seas and we both felt it was worth it. Everything from frozen lemonades to peach bellini's to martini's ( chocolate and Washington Apple) to beers ( DW) to Grey Goose and Glenfiddich Scotch ( me).

We tried a few different things also. We found some great bartenders in the English Pub ( Natalie and Alok) and Schooner Bar ( Sergio ) and crew.

Sorry ift this question has been raised before on this thread but does the drink package have to be purchased by both ppl in a cabin if only one wants it. Seems like I heard someone say that on a previous cruise

Sorry ift this question has been raised before on this thread but does the drink package have to be purchased by both ppl in a cabin if only one wants it. Seems like I heard someone say that on a previous cruise

That used to be the case, but changed about a year ago. No requirement on Royal for all to purchase the same (or any) package.

The automatic 15% gratuity on the packages is shared between all the bar staff. That includes the very good and the just okay bartenders. On our March '14 cruise we discovered that some bartenders would tend to serve others before assisting folks who had the packages. They would rather sell a drink that gave them a guaranteed 15% tip. If you find a great bartender who is attentive regardless if you have a package or not, you can ask for a "zero" or "no sale" receipt and add additional tip. I assure you they will be very appreciative and not only provide you quick service, but it will almost guarantee a better beverage. ;)

All but the Select Package (Beer & Wine) include unlimited bottled still water.

A bit of an annoying quirk, some bartenders considered ordering a bottle of water with a drink a second a drink and won't give them together, some will. Additionally, some would give more than one bottle at a time (I'd ask when I was going to the gym or running up on deck) and some would not. I drink a ton of water, so I'd try and just grab a bottle every time I passed a bar (when I was not order a drink).

Usually about 1/2 way through a drink and we asked for another to take with us to dinner they ALWAYS gave it to us. Again that was our experience and MAY be different for others.

Didn't tip after every drink but left 2-3 dollars when we left and They were very appreciative.

Was about to purchase the Premium package for our 3 nighter, but just realized that we don't pull away from the Miami pier until 8 or 8:30 pm. Going to be difficult to get my moneys worth.

When do you board? From what I understand, the package starts as soon as you get on the ship :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Was about to purchase the Premium package for our 3 nighter, but just realized that we don't pull away from the Miami pier until 8 or 8:30 pm. Going to be difficult to get my moneys worth.

If you get on the ship at 11 you still have all day to get your moneys worth!

When do you board? From what I understand, the package starts as soon as you get on the ship :)

Hope so. :)

If you get on the ship at 11 you still have all day to get your moneys worth!
LoL Our flight arrives around 1 pm but we should be onboard by 4. :D

Just off the navigator last week and a definate :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: for the sky bar staff, Winston , Eugene, and Dadang, best service, friendliest , and bigest pouring crew on the boat. Mostly repeat offemders hung out up there all week the majority of us with some type of package, they treated us very well all week ( even before I started tipping) which i did after i learned that the additional tip was theirs and not put in the collective pot. They knew our drinks , and made the DW some frozen concoctions not listed on the menue when her order was " Surprise Me!!!! " i have noted that since the packages started the marauding waiters hocking the drink of the day at the pool deck have all but vanished

Sent from my SM-T210R using Forums mobile app

If we have the select package and want the odd cocktail, would we pay full price, or is there an upgrade cost?

My daughter got a complimentary soda package but only drinks water any suggestions as only wanting 2-3 small bottles throughout the day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We loved having the premium drinks package on our 7 night Mediterranean cruise on Liberty of the Seas. Service was great with no suggestion of having to tip extra. My only compliant was that we were charged for 8 days, when the last day had us off the ship first thing so in effect we were charged a day but got nothing for it. Didn't seem to have a choice though when ordering it on line beforehand.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm only a light weekend drinker so I was unsure if I would get my money's worth. I believe I did on my 3 day cruise….However, I wouldn't be able to keep up the pace on a 7 day cruise!! I think I've had my fill till Christmas!!:D:D:D

It was great to be able to order a drink or wine and not feel obligated to drink it if I didn't like it. I found a lot of drinks too sweet for my taste and some wine just down right horrible!!:eek:

The bartenders around the pool were dedicated to the regulars who sat there all day and not so much to anybody else. But the rest of the bars on ship were wonderful. Some I tipped and some I didn't….Just depended on their service and friendliness.

My daughter on the other hand did not get her money's worth with her package. The soda machines were constantly breaking down and the Starbucks line was long and slow. The one time we ordered fresh juice it took forever and we were finished eating by the time it arrived.

We had the Premium package on our 9-nighter last week on Explorer. Even with our extra day at sea (thanks to Gonzalo), we didn't feel like we got our money's worth. Maybe we're getting old but we just weren't able to drink all day. Next cruise we'll go back to the Wine & Dine package and our nightly Diamond Lounge cocktails.

As far as service goes, we received excellent bar service. We even had a very attentive bar person in the dining room for a glass of wine with dinner.

We loved having the premium drinks package on our 7 night Mediterranean cruise on Liberty of the Seas. Service was great with no suggestion of having to tip extra. My only compliant was that we were charged for 8 days, when the last day had us off the ship first thing so in effect we were charged a day but got nothing for it. Didn't seem to have a choice though when ordering it on line beforehand.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are you sure you paid for 8 nights? I thought we were charged 8 nights as well and asked for a price break down, the per day price was recently reduced and a " service fee" was added, its the compulsory 15% that would be added to drinks if paid for individually, for 7 nights with a premium package it is $51

Sent from my SM-T210R using Forums mobile app

Are you sure you paid for 8 nights? I thought we were charged 8 nights as well and asked for a price break down, the per day price was recently reduced and a " service fee" was added, its the compulsory 15% that would be added to drinks if paid for individually, for 7 nights with a premium package it is $51

FWIW, I just paid for our drink packages for our 8 nighter on Quantum in December and only paid for 8 days.

EDIT: They add a 15% gratuity on top of the drink package when you buy it. So a $45pp drink package for 2 for 7 nights would be $724.50 and not $630. Maybe that's the confusion?

Edited by CubsFanRS23

I have booked the wine and beer all inclusive but wondered if the waiters brought tap water to the tables in the MDR:confused:

Yes, tap iced water and iced tea available at MDR at dinner. Not sure about lunch as we always just hit Windjammer or get something while in port.