RCCL Aus and NZ schedule delayed.

For anyone interested RCCL have just posted on facebook that the 2015/16 Australia and New Zealand cruise schedule has been delayed by 1 week.

Regards Elaine.

Thanks for posting this info - not sure I like the way the phrased the new timing :(

"Stay tuned for the official announcement in approximately 1 week."

Official announcement of Legend sailing from Brisbane and Quantum visiting Australia for it's repositioning...? :D

That is great! Where can I find this info?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Change Brisbane to Melbourne and it would be perfect.

No chance of that happening. The whole reason for bringing Legend out is because she is the only ship in their fleet capable of getting under the Gateway Bridge and navigating the Brisbane River up to Portside.

No chance of that happening. The whole reason for bringing Legend out is because she is the only ship in their fleet capable of getting under the Gateway Bridge and navigating the Brisbane River up to Portside.

Never say never, RCL might want to counteract Golden Princess out of Melbourne. There is only old Princess tubs going out of Brisbane. :D

if it does go to Brisbane and go under the Gateway Bridge and if it comes to Sydney it'll be able to dock at White Bay

if it does go to Brisbane and go under the Gateway Bridge and if it comes to Sydney it'll be able to dock at White Bay

Could well happen, but very few cruises from Brisbane visit Sydney. Most go to NZ, the islands, or up the Qld coast.

with all these extra ships coming down under will they ever fill them up....p&o has got their 2015-16 schedule out and some of their prices are not cheap so we'll have to see what RCI and princess come up with and where the ships are going to be

with all these extra ships coming down under will they ever fill them up....p&o has got their 2015-16 schedule out and some of their prices are not cheap so we'll have to see what RCI and princess come up with and where the ships are going to be

P&O are turning themselves into a niche operator, given that they struggle to compete with the bigger, newer & better ships that the likes of RCI bring out each summer. They've done a very good job of coming up with different itineraries, visiting places like PNG and the small Australian coastal towns. This serves as a point of differentiation between them and the bigger lines, avoiding a head-to-head competition that they can't win.

I agree that they're over-priced compared to Princess & RCI, both of whom offer a significantly better product. They can't get away with it on the traditional itineraries to the south pacific islands. They can get away with it on the itineraries where they're the sole operator.

For anyone interested RCCL have just posted on facebook that the 2015/16 Australia and New Zealand cruise schedule has been delayed by 1 week.

Regards Elaine.

Anyone keeping count of how many delays this is? :p

Edited by The_Big_M

I agree that they're over-priced compared to Princess & RCI, both of whom offer a significantly better product. They can't get away with it on the traditional itineraries to the south pacific islands. They can get away with it on the itineraries where they're the sole operator.

And I'd add they can get away with it when they sail from a different port - the only reason I keep tracking P&O itineraries is because they sail out of Brisbane. That will all go out the window if we get Legend :D:D:D:D

Edited by madelk

Anyone keeping count of how many delays this is? :p

I think it is only the 2nd delay but the same happened last year. We couldnt book our Alaska cruise on board during the TP until after we arrived in Honolulu which meant we couldnt get our preferred cabin and the Loyalty lounge lost a lot of potential sales.

Hugh

RCCL have put up their 2015/16 Australia and New Zealand cruises on their site although no prices as yet.

The Explorer of the Seas repositioning cruises to Australia are up but they also have N/A where the price should be.

Regards Elaine.

RCCL have put up their 2015/16 Australia and New Zealand cruises on their site although no prices as yet.

The Explorer of the Seas repositioning cruises to Australia are up but they also have N/A where the price should be.

Regards Elaine.

I have posted copies of the itinerary details in another thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42673288&postcount=83