What's a Special Occasion

AnJ

On my Cruise Summary, on the X website, under Dinning Options, it states, "One Special Occasions", What does it mean? It's only on one of my three current cruise reservations...

No Anniversaries, birthdays or anything like that...

and also, no need for special equipment or accessibility..

To make it stranger, it's only on one of the three cruises I have listed...

I can't seem to find any listing of anything either...

Just out of curiosity ... what do you get for a "special occasion?". A frilled up dessert and a happy birthday song?

If its anything good, are there rules on time? We're sailing within a month of DH's birthday and our anniversary. worth recording as a special occasion?

No Anniversaries, birthdays or anything like that...

and also, no need for special equipment or accessibility..

To make it stranger, it's only on one of the three cruises I have listed...

I can't seem to find any listing of anything either...

On the sailing where it is listed, does that sailing change your level in the Capt Club?

A special Occasion, as celebrity defines it, is anything you consider a special occasion ;) We have been at dining tables where everyone (but us) had a special occasion during the cruise....for one, it was a birthday in six months, another marked their retirement 9 months previously...you get the drift.

I can't address what they do for a special occasion these days....the last thing I would want is a group of waiters standing around the table singing happy birthday, so we never have a special occasion, even though we actually celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary on the infinity while cruising the antarctic earlier this year.

It also could mean, you're bringing a wheelchair, or a CPAP machine.... (that would be what our 2 "special occasions" are).

Isn't that funny? I went insane last year trying to figure out what special occasion we were having that we didn't know about LOL. It was my husbands CPAP machine LOL

Just out of curiosity ... what do you get for a "special occasion?". A frilled up dessert and a happy birthday song?

If its anything good, are there rules on time? We're sailing within a month of DH's birthday and our anniversary. worth recording as a special occasion?

Special occasion is usually tied to a date on the cruise so, if you do that, you'll have to lie about the date lol. I know this because I added a special occasion for my birthday and our overall honeymoon and had to put an exact date for each.

Curious, so I checked the 3 cruises I have booked. The most recent is in 2 weeks that we booked last minute through Celebrity and it does list the box to check for "special occasion".

I checked the other two cruises for November and January which were booked through a TA and neither currently show it.

My guess is it either appears on the Celebrity website closer to sale date or only if booked through Celebrity directly. I do remember once being asked by a TA when booking a cruise if we were celebrating a special occasion on the cruise.

I had 2 Special Occasions listed on our last cruise.

I wondered if it was 'Formal Nights' but we had 3!

After reading the thread previously about this I concluded that one of them could have been because I ask for Special Diet'- I have a Lactose Sensitivity.

But the other one- who knows?

BTW

After the waiters joined my husband & my hands and sang Happy 70th Anniversary to us both, I decided that I didn't want to go through that again ( it was actually my 70th birthday) although I have read that they don't sing any more.

Special occasion is usually tied to a date on the cruise so, if you do that, you'll have to lie about the date lol. I know this because I added a special occasion for my birthday and our overall honeymoon and had to put an exact date for each.

Well, if all I get is a frilled up piece of cake ... then not worth lying for.

IF this were HAL, I'd lie about it, just to get them to sing the happy song at our table.

They made us a small cake in Murano for our 40th wedding anniversary on the actual day but we had provided a copy of a marriage certificate when we booked. We were also left some truffles in a champagne glass in our room on the day but, then, we have since had them when we have no special occasion to celebrate.