Can I get off the ship and run to my car on embarkation day?

Hi guys I'm going on the allure of the seas on May 18 and I am wondering if I can return to my car in the port parking lot. I am disabled and I will have some medical equipment with me that I do not want to lug around while my room is not ready yet. We have a reservation at Giovanni's at noon and I really do not want to drag all this crap with us. If we can run to the vehicle real quick that would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see no reason that they wouldn't allow this. I have read many threads on CC regarding checking in early, then leaving the ship for a quick tour or something. I would imagine that when you go to "ding" your Seapass card as you leave the ship, they will fill you in on possibly needing something extra besides your already-issued Seapass, but really see no problem.

Enjoy your cruise!:)

Maybe you could communicate with the Special Needs Department ahead of your cruise to see what options you have. They might be able to offer an alternative to leaving the ship and returning to your car.

Hi guys I'm going on the allure of the seas on May 18 and I am wondering if I can return to my car in the port parking lot. I am disabled and I will have some medical equipment with me that I do not want to lug around while my room is not ready yet. We have a reservation at Giovanni's at noon and I really do not want to drag all this crap with us. If we can run to the vehicle real quick that would be awesome.

Just an observation, but Disabled and Run!! :D

I forgot my cell phone in my car once and they did let me return to my car. However, is that extra 2 hours really worth this hassle? I recommend just waiting until 1 to board. Otherwise, Cindy made a good suggestion. Check with Special Needs to see if they can arrainge something for you.

In Tampa, my husband forgot his sunglasses in the car. He was able to leave the ship but had to have his passport and set sail pass in order to get back on.

I'm assuming you mean his SeaPass card. Once you're checked in the first time, you no longer have your Set Sail pass.

Edited by Aquahound

When Brett and I last sailed we got on the Ship and had lunch then hoped off and went for a walk as we weren't leaving port till the next morning. When we got back on the ship we didn't have to line up again they just let us straight back on:D

I forgot my cell phone in my car once and they did let me return to my car. However, is that extra 2 hours really worth this hassle? I recommend just waiting until 1 to board. Otherwise, Cindy made a good suggestion. Check with Special Needs to see if they can arrainge something for you.

I'm assuming you mean his SeaPass card. Once you're checked in the first time, you no longer have your Set Sail pass.

Yes that is correct.

I know when we left from Port Canaveral in Sept. we left our formal wear and carryons in the car so we didn't lug them around. It was a pain getting of as the machine didn't want to accept our sea pass cards to go off had to have a couple security guys try to figure it out and we wasted a lot of time, I know we won't bother doing that again unless it's an emergency!

Now we just returned from San Juan and I had been told by an agent on the phone we could NOT get back off the ship to go look around downtown, but found out they would have let us if we would have had the time!

Also disable , what I do is go to Guest Services and ask them to either hold it there and I will return later to pick it up or if they could possible place it in my room so as not to have to lug it around with me. Never had an issue with doing .

This is just a guess, but it seems to me it would have to be a very special reason for them to let people on and off the ship at will. I would think it would be a security nightmare if they would let people on and off. What if everyone had a good reason to go back to there vehicle? All sporting and concert events would not even allow you to leave the venue. Like I said just a guess.

We have sailed over 100 cruises on different lines and never had a problem going to our cabin early when boarding with my scooter and extra bags. Just go to you assigned cabin drop off what you don't need and leave for lunch. If anyone tells you that your not allowed in your cabin until 1PM just explain to them your only dropping off your things.