Anyone cruise before with Capt. Göran Peterson or Cruise Director Amy Fickert?

why did you even ask?

Because while everyone may not agree...those wide extremes are not necessarily commonplace. I've seen previous reviews of other CD's and they were 95% favorable. In this case...they're all over the map...

In the case of the Captain...it seems no one is familiar with him.

Capt. Göran Peterson and CD Amy Fickert will be on our Radiance cruise to Alaska coming up soon...

Curious if anyone has cruised with them before and has any insights to share regarding your experiences...thank you in advance for sharing your information.

Don't know the captain, but a little of Amy Fickert goes a loooong way.

I had Captain Garon on Radiance in Alaska. He is a good captain. he will keep us up to date on the navigation and any delays. He even told us everything that went on when oscar was called for real. I had Amy as CD on Oasis. She was good aswell. Nice to havew a female CD for a change.

I had Captain Garon on Radiance in Alaska. He is a good captain. he will keep us up to date on the navigation and any delays. He even told us everything that went on when oscar was called for real. I had Amy as CD on Oasis. She was good aswell. Nice to havew a female CD for a change.
i found amy to be very good

Thank you!!! :)

Capt. Göran Peterson was staff captain on Enchantment in 2009 when I met him.

He is a very friendly and likable person! He is very proud of his family!

I have wanted to sail with him as Master of the ship, but have been to Alaska twice and will wait until he gets on a different ship. You are lucky to have such a great person be your Master!

As for Amy Fickert, I liked her very much. I have cruised with a lot of CDs and some are better than others. I heard a lot of bad comments about Amy before my cruise, but I found her to be friendly and out and about a lot.

I think, as always, a cruise is what YOU make of it! Each one of mine is special in it's own way!

Come back and tell us what YOU think of them!!!

Amy was one of the hardest-working CDs we've seen. She's constantly out and about and at most events. She even led zumba classes on the Royal Promenade in the mornings. She just doesn't stop.

That's because she's Amy and she's awesome! Lol

Edited by didicruiser

I recently sailed with both Amy and Capt Goren in New Zealand/AU. I will say that when the cruise first started I thought she was a bit obnoxious and I didn't think I would grow to like her but she won me over. We stayed on the ship for 33 days and she went on vacation during that time and I found that I missed her once she was gone. She is very hard working and had a geat repore with her Activities Mgr- Gorden and they were pretty entertaining in an Abbot and Costello sort of way. Capt Goren is the only Capt I have ever heard crack up so much during muster that he had to stop and compose himself.

The CD that replaced Amy was constantly giving out wrong information and having to apologize so annoying or not Amy was always upbeat, visible, full of energy and new her stuff.

Amy was the CD on our Australia/NZ cruise. We neither loved her nor found her annoying. In fact, I thought she lacked personality and her delivery was often stilted as if she were constantly checking herself. I agree she has an incredible work ethic and was at her best when interacting with the Activities Director, who had personality galore.

I should add that in addition to ...not meshing well with her personality... she was really bad at resheduling shows and activities during the week when some bad weather hit, which actually impacted my cruise. Not enough to ruin my vacation, but I definitely couldn't participate in some things I had planned on. So, that certainly adds to my willingness to never see her again.

We had them both on our Radiance B2B cruises last Christmas.

Amy was OK. I haven't seen many Cruise Directors interacting with the guests. They present acts in the theatre, make announcements, run some of the activities. No personal contact. So they don't impact my cruises much.

Gordon is my idea of gorgeous, sigh.:) He's a sweetie.

Captain Goran is fantastic. He invited all the D+ and Suite guests(we didn't have any Pinnacles) to his suite for a Christmas toast. He is interesting and entertaining. He made an effort to talk to everyone who attended. Photos were taken, and he even sat on my DMIL's scooter with her for a great photo.:D And he was visible around the ship.

Because while everyone may not agree...those wide extremes are not necessarily commonplace. I've seen previous reviews of other CD's and they were 95% favorable. In this case...they're all over the map...

In the case of the Captain...it seems no one is familiar with him.

I too was on the Christmas cruise with both of them. I'll preface my opinion with "this is the first cruise I've done".

Captain Goran I was impressed with - he seemed so approachable and would often crack jokes over the PA system and was often seen around the ship. He was involved in many activities on board which I never expected to see including things that were poking fun at him. I also did a ships tour and got to see him up in the bridge and truly believe the sense of humour and good attitudes of those upper staff.

Amy - again the first CD I've encountered - was not what I expected. I expected someone much more formal and regimented and I want to say organised - although I'm not sure that she was disorganised, she seemed quite flexible in her management style. She is high energy, she is friendly enough in my opinion. For my personal taste she (and Gordon and most of the entertainment staff) were just too hokey, too corny and too cheesy for my taste that I was pretty sure I developed lactose intolerance!! :D But I just assumed that that was normal for cruise ships and just laughed at all the catch phrases from my place at the bar stool (Thankfully I had the drinks package!).

I wouldn't have a problem if I found myself sailing with them again but I do look forward to seeing what other CDs are like and then perhaps I'll have a different opinion.

Edited by madelk