Anyone cruise before with Capt. Göran Peterson or Cruise Director Amy Fickert?

Capt. Göran Peterson and CD Amy Fickert will be on our Radiance cruise to Alaska coming up soon...

Curious if anyone has cruised with them before and has any insights to share regarding your experiences...thank you in advance for sharing your information.

Amy was our CD on Oasis in 2012 and we loved her. We found her to be friendly and very approachable. Loved her enthusiasm. Would love her as our Cruise Director anytime. We have never had a CD we don't like but if we did it wouldn't ruin our holiday.

As far as we're concerned "she's Amy, and she's awesome":D

Amy was our CD on Oasis in 2012 and we loved her. We found her to be friendly and very approachable. Loved her enthusiasm. Would love her as our Cruise Director anytime. We have never had a CD we don't like but if we did it wouldn't ruin our holiday.

Thank you for taking the time to share you experiences.

It's good getting a number of impressions...

Amy was our CD on the Oasis in 2012. i found her very annoying, But that is just me, everyone else might think differently.

I agree we found her very annoying also. During our Oasis curise this past August my tennage girls had fun stalking Amy all over the ship acting like they were her biggest fans trying to annoy her as much as she was annoying us. It was enteraining and kept them busy we ended up getting a bunch of pictures with her.

I think Amy Fickert is... polarizing to say the least.

Personally, if I never heard or saw her again, I'd be a happy gal.

My Amy is Becky "HELLLLLLOOOO LOVE!" Thomson. That lady has apparently gone on to be EXTREMELY successful in the cruise industry. I was told she is a big-wig entertainment boss at Celebrity now, but she was once a CD on my very first cruise.

Like many folks here, my wife and I are firm believers that the CD is mostly inconsequential to our cruising fun. They may add a little or detract a little, but you can tune them out if you want.

Becky was the only CD that I'd call "incredibly annoying" and would be happy to never sail with her as CD ever again. Seems as if my wish was granted. Good for her success! Good for me! We all win!

That said... when I first joined CC... that woman had a fan club like you wouldn't believe! She was MEGA popular here. To each their own.

Edited by poncho1973

That was our experience with her last year on the Oasis. It was great to get to know her.

Amy was the CD when we were on Oasis last August. We really liked her, she was very witty and outgoing with loads of enthusiasm. We are looking forward to meeting up with her again in August on Radiance.

Gaynor

Canadian Rockies / Alaskan Cruisetour August 2014

Caribbean. Oasis August 2013

Mediterranean. Independence August 2008

WOW.

This has been very enlightening - the views are all over the map and in a number of cases nearly polar opposites when it comes to CD Fickert. Some found her to be great while others found her annoying.

Interesting feedback indeed. It looks like we'll have to collect our own experiences soon, and come to our own conclusions.

That said, we also agree with the several posters who commented "the Cruise Director doesn't make or break" the experience. What we see is that they have a busy schedule, are essentially leading the enthusiasm for things on the ship (in some cases where that's a daunting task for anyone), and inform cruisers of promotions or "special events".

One thing that we have experienced is that each Cruise Director has their own "personality". It's reasonable to assume some will sync up with them and others could be annoyed...especially with thousands of passengers that also have their own "personalities".

The input has been really appreciated...and reinforces that it can help to learn these things firsthand sometimes.

Thank you!

Amy Fickert is an aquired taste. I haven't aquired it yet. :cool:

I think most CDs can be this way. Some are just way over the top and annoying that way, and others are way too reserved.

However, the CD staff did not seem to be happy under Amy (some openly said this to us). I think that is where the CD can have the biggest impact, especially to those who like to participate in events

Amy Fickert is an aquired taste. I haven't aquired it yet. :cool:

facebook-like-it-button_gg61313601.jpg

Lori, my group sailed with Fickert in September 2012...too much "cheerleader" for my tastes...

I think there's an ENTIRE thread somewhere on CC devoted to Amy Fickert. People either loved her or couldn't take her at all.

My daughter really liked her. But there is some physical resemblance, and several people walked up to her and started talking to her as though she were Amy the CD. She thought that it was funny, and flattering.

But me.....not so much. :D

WOW.

This has been very enlightening - the views are all over the map and in a number of cases nearly polar opposites when it comes to CD Fickert. Some found her to be great while others found her annoying.

<snip>

That is true of just about everything in the universe.

Try comparing notes with your fellow cruisers the day after a comedian performs.

Someone will say that he was the funniest comedian ever birthed. Another will stare in amazement and say that he was not even slightly funny. And so on and so forth.

Life would be boring indeed if we were all alike.

:)

That is true of just about everything in the universe.

Try comparing notes with your fellow cruisers the day after a comedian performs.

Someone will say that he was the funniest comedian ever birthed. Another will stare in amazement and say that he was not even slightly funny. And so on and so forth.

Life would be boring indeed if we were all alike.

:)

How true, how true.

But seeing such drastically different views (extremes) makes one wonder a bit. The good news we can judge for ourselves soon. :)