Celebrity vs MSC

Stoffel1982

MSC prices are increasing, Celebrity is offering great discounts. When pricing is similar(as it is for this coming November), would you recommend Celebrity over MSC?

If pricing were similar I'd choose Celebrity hands down. Enjoyed our 3 MSC cruises but we got really good deals on all of them.

MSC prices are increasing, Celebrity is offering great discounts. When pricing is similar(as it is for this coming November), would you recommend Celebrity over MSC?

Even if Celebrity prices were double I would still choose them over MSC. Actually, that's not strictly true because I like bargains, but my wife would refuse to sail with me.

When MSC prices are cheap they are fantastic value but no way would I sail with them if I could pay the same for a Celebrity cruise.

The MSC Divina is rated as a 4 star superior ship vs the Celebrity Reflection is rated as a 5 star ship.

Agree or disagree?

That sounds reasonable, although the ratings are set by whoever gave that rating out - there's no industry standard.

I'd say that difference is not going to cause a major difference in experience, likely a little more public space/person, and slightly better food.

That sounds reasonable, although the ratings are set by whoever gave that rating out - there's no industry standard.

I'd say that difference is not going to cause a major difference in experience, likely a little more public space/person, and slightly better food.

Depending on the source sometimes the ratings are based on amenities, features, and services available and not quality.

🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Depending on the source sometimes the ratings are based on amenities, features, and services available and not quality.

Agreed, it's easier to rate based on 'objective' measures like does it have a pool, does it have a cinema, and so on.

However, on that basis, I'd say the facilities are fewer on Celebrity ships. They're not known for the number of facilities they provide, but more of an 'upscale experience.' MSC ships generally offer what Celebrity has in that respect e.g. spas, theatres, lounges, coffee shops, plus have some extra amusements. (You could say Celebrity has the Lawn club, or hot glass show, but they're distinct elements that are likely not compared to other ships, although do add to the overall experience.) Hence, the main points that come to my mind are I suspect the lower passenger/public space ratio, and slightly higher grade of food offered.

Edited by The_Big_M

According to research of recent posts, Reflection has given up the Quasar lounge, and live music dancing is very limited. Having sailed MSC USA five times, and Divina twice recently, I would say Divina has a much better live music dancing venue, albeit a bit seedier crowd with the $299 balcony specials. (Don't bother packing a coat and tie for Divina, if that is your preference.)