Getaway Haven Two bedroom critic

MBprincess

Some thoughts on our cabin from last week.

Good

The room is well laid out.

The beds were comfortable even the coaches made into beds.

The tub is good for giving small children a bath.

The shower is powerful enough to wash long hair and the extra jets are nice.

The bed linens and pillows were comfortable.

There was a light inside the room safe.

Binoculars were provided.

There were several thermostats so the temperature in each room could be adjusted.

Bad

All four of us could not get out on the balcony at the same time (and two were kids).

The towels are very rough and the towel bars in the master hang down in front of the storage drawers.

The grab bars in the tub are positioned so high that you can't get out of the tub.

The room is small compared to the jewel class ships.

There is only a curtain in between the master bedroom and the bath. The bathroom side was stained and dirty.

Ugly

This room has a half balcony with the bathroom on the other "half". All the pictures showed the living-room with sliding doors out to the balcony with a nice ocean view. In reality half of that is a solid wall obstructing the view from the living room. The bathroom was shown with large windows over the tub and the shower. Our shower only had a tiny window. We asked and all the rooms are like that. It makes the suite seem more like an inside room and it felt like false advertising.

The back bedroom has a real door but the master does not it has a pocket door that doesn't close all the way so there's no real privacy. While the walls seem sound proof suite to suite, within the suite the walls were thin. The TV in the living room sounded as loud in the master bedroom as it did in the living room.

Ugly

This room has a half balcony with the bathroom on the other "half". All the pictures showed the living-room with sliding doors out to the balcony with a nice ocean view. In reality half of that is a solid wall obstructing the view from the living room. The bathroom was shown with large windows over the tub and the shower. Our shower only had a tiny window. We asked and all the rooms are like that. It makes the suite seem more like an inside room and it felt like false advertising.

Sounds like bait and switch to me.

I don't think all H4’s are equal despite what you were told. Our room on the BA, 16720, was definitely smaller than our friends'.

Looking at my photos, we did have a large picture window over the tub and a floor-to-ceiling window in the shower.

I believe the BA and GA should be the same regarding staterooms...

the only cabins on the Breakaway class ships that have massive balconies are the H6. The wife and I were just in an H9 last Feb, and are in an H6 next Feb primarily for that enormous balcony.

And if you look at the floor plan, it is pretty clear how the bathroom takes up space on the H4.

Same experience as on the Jewel class- the master bed is tucked away, the views are from the bathroom. The balcony is a bit bigger.....we love the haven/ courtyard and book the s4/ h4/ courtyard villa / nom dujour because we love being with our kids in the same space kids....for now!!!

What a shame that the GA does not exactly mimic the BA- we picked our suite based on a friend's experience. Doesn't matter either way I suppose..if all the showers have teeny windows, not much we can do...but I LoVED the view from the shower on Jewel class and was looking forward to it on GA.

Wonder what the rationale for these changes is?

I don't think all H4’s are equal despite what you were told. Our room on the BA, 16720, was definitely smaller than our friends'.

Looking at my photos, we did have a large picture window over the tub and a floor-to-ceiling window in the shower.

What room # did your friends have?

Ok. I am confused . Are we saying that the photos of the 2 bedroom family villas are not what all the cabins in that category look like. We are staying in 16708 on Getaway and just assumed we would have the full length shower window and tub windows. That would be a big disappointment to not get the view. Also if the balcony is obstructed that would stink too!

I had 16714 on the BA. Floor to ceiling windows in bathroom. Glass sliding doors in the living room

Ok. I am confused . Are we saying that the photos of the 2 bedroom family villas are not what all the cabins in that category look like. We are staying in 16708 on Getaway and just assumed we would have the full length shower window and tub windows. That would be a big disappointment to not get the view. Also if the balcony is obstructed that would stink too!

Just to be clear the balcony view isn't obscured. The view from the living room is. I'll try to put the picture up.

So we need H4 pics from the Getaway, and perhaps the BA, to figure out these anomalies in the bathroom and how the size differs amongst the H4's.

I always thought only 16722 was smaller. It looks like it from the deckplans. I know it has a smaller balcony on the BA. And deckplans indicate it sleeps one less than the others. 16722 sleeps 5, others sleep 6.

Appreciate any and all assistance with this.

TIA

And I concur about no obstructed balconies. It's just the slider doesn't encompass all the lvrm space. Wierd thing is some H4's have a side light to the slider, others don't appear to from the exterior photos, at least starboard. Can't really tell port side whether this is true too.

See slide #10 here.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1xEg-XYy_Rrv0I7Jf53qlzYMFHwSk4UqiiN0_hgKD9ak/pub?start=true&loop=true&delayms=5000#slide=id.gd3f709b8_00

:)

How does it compare to the Epic 2 bedroom with size? They look similar (in size) to me.

Our room on the BA was definitely smaller than our 2-bedroom on the Epic.

What room # did your friends have?

They are currently on a cruise. I'll try to find out when they return.

Very interesting. Look at slide three. The curtains are mostly closed so you see only the glass not the wall.

Understood. I do see slide three hiding the bulkhead behind the curtains.

Do you happen to have a link to the image you thought you were to encounter?

It is interesting how NCL works the images to their benifit. Fwiw, NCL is notorious for this. And notorius for having incorrect cabin info on their site.

Your experience is shared among many fwiw.

So you definitely didn't have a sidelight ( separate fixed glass/window panel ) on one side of the slider in your cabin 16720, in addition to the slider?

TIA

Our room on the BA was definitely smaller than our 2-bedroom on the Epic. .....

Regarding the BA, did you have a sidelight in 16720?

Did I hear you say your H4 was smaller than another?

And in what way was your friends H4 larger than yours?

What was their cabin #?

Sorry. Just trying to make sense of this.

TIA

It is interesting how NCL works the images to their benifit. Fwiw, NCL is notorious for this. And notorius for having incorrect cabin info on their site.

Your experience is shared among many fwiw.

I'll agree with you here. The M1's, aft facing mini-suites on the Breakaway as well as the Getaway show photos of the room having a couch. Even when you click the 'floor plan' link it shows a couch. It does not have a couch. It has a chair. I've reported this to NCL before the Getaway was built.....but nothing has changed except that the description no longer says, 'couch'.

Harriet

Regarding the BA, did you have a sidelight in 16720?

Did I hear you say your H4 was smaller than another?

And in what way was your friends H4 larger than yours?

What was their cabin #?

Sorry. Just trying to make sense of this.

TIA

I am sorry? I don't know what you mean by a sidelight?

I think my friends were in 16120, across the Haven from us. Their living room was definitely wider than ours. They thought we were crazy when we complained about 16720 being small until they saw our room.

Any updates on the question about different size S4/H4's on the Getaway? We were on the Breakaway last year in 16112. We'll soon be on the Getaway in 16106 and had just assumed our cabin would be the same size as the one we had last year on the Breakaway. The only one that looks a little different on the deck plans is 16722 (looks smaller and has the 5 person instead of 6 person designation), but it seems pretty consistent that people are saying that 16720 is smaller. Wonder which other ones are too? Here's hoping 16106 isn't! :rolleyes:

Edited by KJE Atlanta

Any updates on the question about different size S4/H4's on the Getaway? We were on the Breakaway last year in 16112. We'll soon be on the Getaway in 16106 and had just assumed our cabin would be the same size as the one we had last year on the Breakaway. The only one that looks a little different on the deck plans is 16722 (looks smaller and has the 5 person instead of 6 person designation), but it seems pretty consistent that people are saying that 16720 is smaller. Wonder which other ones are too? Here's hoping 16106 isn't! :rolleyes:

I sent an email to social media . Will share when I hear back!

Steilkurve has a nice video of an S4 that shows a full length window in the shower, so it may just be the 16720 that got screwed.

Still have not heard from NCL, I don't know if Socialmedia answers on weekends