Seaside Theater

Garycruz

I will be sailing on Splendor and this is my first Carnival cruise. I'm curious about the Seaside Theater. This sounds like it could be a lot of fun. I'm wondering if there is a movie every night or just on one or two occasions. Also, is there a designated time they start the show that might overlap with the main show? I ask because I would like to do both if possible.

Any opinions in general from those who have experienced it would be greatly appreciated.

Dive-in movies, we watched a couple on our Liberty January cruise. I believe they are every night. Just check the fun times for show time. We skipped the MDR that night because, well, we couldn't have made it. :) one night we watched despicable 2 and the other night was hunger games. For obvious reasons the movies must be kid friendly. They have blankets you can check out (like the towels) if it's cold. When we watched the hunger games I had a sweatshirt, robe, beach towel, and a blankets and it was almost bearable. :D (remember, January!) they also had pop corn, free. I really enjoyed the movies.

I will be sailing on Splendor and this is my first Carnival cruise. I'm curious about the Seaside Theater. This sounds like it could be a lot of fun. I'm wondering if there is a movie every night or just on one or two occasions. Also, is there a designated time they start the show that might overlap with the main show? I ask because I would like to do both if possible.

Any opinions in general from those who have experienced it would be greatly appreciated.

On the evenings there is a deck party, there won't be a movie. Yes, there are designated times, and they will be posted in the Fun times. Depending on the main show, sometimes the movie is a better choice. The movies shown on the Seaside Theater are also repeated throughout the week on the T.V.

When shown, they usually have two viewings, one early and a late movie. It's a nice add on. We first experienced it in 2006 on a Med cruise on the Liberty. First showing was Titanic:eek:

Edited by jimbo5544

I believe there are 2 showings. We were on the Splendor last year and while we didn't stay for the movie, we passed through often because we had or cabin on the lido deck. They seemed to be well attended. There's rows of loungers in front of the pool facing the screen and lots of people were also sitting at the tables having pizza while watching. The Pizza Pirate is right near there. I think I saw a crew member offering popcorn too.

We saw Iron Man 3 on the Dream a few months ago. It started at 6pm. We had YTD, so we went to dinner after the movie. We did this on a night we didn't really care for the main show. We ended up catching the second half of the main show. My guess would be that it would be difficult to catch a dive-in movie, go to the MDR, and see the show. Also, we got to the movie about 30 minutes early to get a good seat. They started running out around when the movie started.