What is the 50% off special?

hollon

I logged into the rccl website and it says 50% 2nd person, when I go to click on it, it says page can't be loaded, has anyone logged in to see what the rules are or certain sailings for the 50% off?

Called C&A and got the scoop!!

Sale is from May 1 to 31, 2014. Must sail between Jan 1 2015 and April 30 2016. First person pays full price, second person in same room gets 50% off.

New bookings only.

C& A balcony discounts do apply as do On Board Booking bonus'.

Guess the details will be on the site tomorrow.

Thinking the same thing. Amazing how RCI can actually charge higher prices during their sales than at other times.

I currently have 10 cruises booked and most of them spiked this morning. After this "So called special" let's see what happens.

Thinking the same thing. Amazing how RCI can actually charge higher prices during their sales than at other times.

Agreed. I'm finding their notion of what a constitutes a "sale" getting curiouser and curiouser.

And if there does happen to be a BOGO 1/2 off brewing for May, I wonder if they will drop the single supplement to 50% so a solo would pay the same as a couple, or keep solo pricing at the full 200%?

Sale is from May 1 to 31, 2014. Must sail between Jan 1 2015 and April 30 2016. First person pays full price, second person in same room gets 50% off.

New bookings only.

Thanks. That answers it. Raise the price 100% and you'll save 50% off 1 passenger. I'll take a block of cabins with that deal.

New bookings only.

Thanks for calling for the team.

New bookings only.

I wonder if their is a look back period for this or if you can just cancel and re book. I have Oasis March 2016 and while prices have gone up slightly this would still save me money as I have 2 cabins booked.

Would canceling and booking different cabin categories qualify as new booking even with a look back window?

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I spoke to a rep this morning, it will be full fare (no residency rates, etc) for passenger 1 and 50% for passenger 2. Doesn't apply to passengers 3+ that are all in one room. You can use Crown & Anchor discounts. You have to sail next year and it won't work on the two new ships.

They said existing bookings can use it but only at current rates. Which means they probably raised rates.

...Would canceling and booking different cabin categories qualify as new booking even with a look back window?

That would not have been considered a new booking in the past, but who knows anymore.:rolleyes:

New bookings only.

Just did a mock booking for Freedom in Oct ,2015. Will check price tomorrow and see how much it has changed.

Judy, Thank you SO much for checking and posting the information you got from RC! We have a cruse booked during that time frame and are looking at the possibility of two more! :rolleyes:

We will also to the "mock" booking today. Will then do a print screen to have the page for reference for tomorrow!! Will be interesting to see IF the price for the first person goes up tomorrow! ! ! ! :D

Edited by Tropicalgal2

I checked 2016 sailings out of San Juan and the prices are not to bad (yet:rolleyes:) I will check again tomorrow. If they do not raise the rates this could be a good deal.

Who knows;)

Didn't even think about re-booking my April 2015 sailing ... ok ... lots to do tomorrow!!

Edited by Mach1