What is the 50% off special?

hollon

The terms definitely state new bookings only- no cancellations and re-bookings allowed.

I wonder when the reps are going to catch on. I got mine changed.

I hope they don't come back and take it away.:eek:

We're thrilled with this. No price increase on the 2/26/15 9 night Explorer that we have booked! The PR we were booked in went from $900 to $675. We tacked on an additional $200, got the $100 C&A balcony discount, and scored a balcony for just a little more than what we had the PR booked at. Next Cruise will still apply per the agent I spoke with to make the change this morning. I wish that showed up somewhere on the invoice so I had it in writing, but it doesn't. No issues whatsoever with it being an existing booking.

Even if a resident or military rate were to pop up sometime in the future, I can't imagine it would drop the PR to less than $675 or the D1 we're in now to less than $1086. I'm calling it a win. :D

The terms definitely state new bookings only- no cancellations and re-bookings allowed.

I wonder when the reps are going to catch on. I got mine changed.

I hope they don't come back and take it away.:eek:

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe they put the "for new bookings only" in to hopefully stop people from calling. Since this is so far from before final and the sale lasts all month someone could cancel and then re book a month later.

They may have decided to bite the bullet on this one and allow the changes rather than trying to prevent it and most likely not succeeding. The vast majority of cruisers probably are not even aware of being able to get price adjustments.

I know when I called the rep didn't even hesitate when I asked for the reduction. It actually seemed like they knew about this ahead of time and were prepared for it.:eek:

Forgot to mention that insurance was discounted also. I had forgotten to add when we originally booked so I added today. It was the usual $89 for guest 1, but $59 for guest 2. Oddly, that's not a 50% discount, but I'll take it regardless.

I just finished dancing around my living room:) I called Royal Caribbean this morning as it looked like rates on our February 2016 Freedom of the Seas cruise had dropped according to the website. Well, it turned out that it was even better than it looked on the website. I was able to get our rates on our balcony and interior cabins dropped by a total of $870.00, as a result of the buy one get one half off promotion and an additional Crown and Anchor discount. More money for shore excursions and drink packages!!

There was no issue at all with the new rates applying, even though it was an existing reservation. It's definitely worth checking to see if your fare is lower today.....

MouseGirl

Just booked my Indy two nights ago. The price is up 40 percent pp today over the advertised price and the senior discount is gone. I'll check it tomorrow but if all things remain the same, with the 50 percent off 2nd passenger it will be almost $200 more than my booking price. Such a deal! :D

Just did a mock booking on my cruise and its just about $300 more than my invoice. It looks like the difference is the senior discount that is no longer available for that sailing.

Does anyone know - are the prices that are on the web site already including the 50% off - or is that full price and then the adjustment is taken?

When I checked prices yesterday they where higher then today on a couple of sailings.

Just curious to know before I call my TA

Thanks!

Does anyone know - are the prices that are on the web site already including the 50% off - or is that full price and then the adjustment is taken?

When I checked prices yesterday they where higher then today on a couple of sailings.

Just curious to know before I call my TA

Thanks!

When you choose a particular cabin, a window will come up to the right, click on 'view summary of charges' and you will see how the discount was applied.

I just went through a booking and it looks like the price that was showing initially was the already discounted price for passengers 1-2. So you will not get a discount off of that price.

Edited by marci22

Doing a happy dance! Was able to get my 2016 cruise on Freedom of the Seas adjusted by $350 for 2 people. And I thought the price I had originally booked was already amazing; so this new savings is icing on the cake! I really thought there was an error on the website, because I figured a D1 on Freedom couldn't be this low. But when I called, the rep made the adjustment right away, no questions asked. Was able to use my NCC and retain my OBC too. Woo hoo!

I was so excited that I booked Oasis for next year, just because!! :D The price for Oasis was down over $200 from when I looked the other day. Thank you RCI!!

Edited by Niquein99

866-562-7625

Thats the number I called & it said they aren't open till 8...going to try the #800 posted earlier...

Hmmm..not looking good...I just tried the #800 and it's still saying closed...wonder if they turned off the phones to re-educate the rep's on the terms...would be nice to save $300 off our cruise...

Edited by kc320

Thats the number I called & it said they aren't open till 8...going to try the #800 posted earlier...

I called (800) 205-9812. They're open 24 hours; I called them at 1 a.m. and got right through to an RCI rep.

My january cruise on Jewel has dropped exactly the same amount as if I was to re-book with the 50% discount.

Just Phoned my TA and he doesn't see any problem applying the price drop. Just waiting for RCI to open so he can confirm.

$456 reduction.............That will pay for my drinks package and more!!:)

I called (800) 205-9812. They're open 24 hours; I called them at 1 a.m. and got right through to an RCI rep.

Just called this #...still getting the closed message..bummer!:(

Called C&A and got the scoop!!

Sale is from May 1 to 31, 2014. Must sail between Jan 1 2015 and April 30 2016. First person pays full price, second person in same room gets 50% off.

New bookings only.

C& A balcony discounts do apply as do On Board Booking bonus'.

Guess the details will be on the site tomorrow.

Is this on the RC US site or a special site? :)

Cant see it on UK site.:mad:

When you choose a particular cabin, a window will come up to the right, click on 'view summary of charges' and you will see how the discount was applied.

I just went through a booking and it looks like the price that was showing initially was the already discounted price for passengers 1-2. So you will not get a discount off of that price.

Yes, I checked out my already booked reservation. When I looked at the summary, they had increased the rate by $100 pp. They had applied the discount, 50%. The rate showing initially on the website has been adjusted already to reflect the new rate. So, I paid $1299, the new rate is $1399, the adjusted rate with 50% discount is $1049. So, I could save $150pp if they will honor the savings. I will e-mail TA and see if she can get that rate.

I called the number just now and didn't get the closed message. :confused: I got through, but am on hold for a rep. Maybe try again?

Still closed...that is weird!