Summit/Bermuda/Cape Liberty?

travlDR

Have a lot of cruises under my belt, many with Celebrity, but no experience with Bermuda or Cape Liberty. Will be departing on the Summit on June 15. Staying the night before at the Intercontinental in Times Square. What time do you recommend arriving at Cape Liberty, and what would be a good time to have the car service pick us up at the hotel to head over there. Also what time recommended for debarkation and car service pick up at the end of the cruise for transfer to LaGuardia- flight departure time is 2:55pm. Any hot tips on something not to be missed in Bermuda would be great, too. THANK YOU, THANK YOU

From Manhattan to Cape Liberty is about 30 minutes with traffic. There is no sense in getting to the ship before 11AM but I am sure you can board by then. We disembarked at about 9:00 and there were people filing into the terminal to go through embarkation.

In Bermuda- you can easily take the public ferry from where the ship docks back and forth to Hamilton. From Hamilton you can visit the zoo/aquarium which was really a nice little zoo. We really enjoyed it. Other than that I recommend going snorkeling- there are many glass bottom boats and such that take you out to great snorkeling.

You'll have no trouble making your 2:55 flight and will probably have to kill time before your flight.

Have a lot of cruises under my belt, many with Celebrity, but no experience with Bermuda or Cape Liberty. Will be departing on the Summit on June 15. Staying the night before at the Intercontinental in Times Square. What time do you recommend arriving at Cape Liberty, and what would be a good time to have the car service pick us up at the hotel to head over there. Also what time recommended for debarkation and car service pick up at the end of the cruise for transfer to LaGuardia- flight departure time is 2:55pm. Any hot tips on something not to be missed in Bermuda would be great, too. THANK YOU, THANK YOU

Buy the 2 day or 3 day bus and ferry pass you will be able to have access to the entire island and you would be able to go and see what ever you want But do sum research to where you want to go.

Bermuda is a gem of an island with beautiful beaches and some of the friendliest people.

We've done the Summit cruise in June of 2012 and 2013 and loved both of our trips there.

Check out the Bermuda port board, plenty of ideas for things to do.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196

Check out the roll call for that cruise. You will start to get aquainted with others sailing on that cruise, connect for tours, traveling and etc.

That thread will be a better source of info.

From Manhattan to Cape Liberty is about 30 minutes with traffic.

You must mean withOUT traffic!!! I can assure you as I live in Manhattan, it can take that long just getting through the tunnel. Good thing June 15 is a Sunday there should be less traffic in the city in general.

Going to LGA, I would recommend you give yourself at least 1.5 hrs traveling time. You have to cross over Manhattan to get there and again, depending on the day, you could hit traffic. We always check google maps app for traffic conditions in Manhattan...they are pretty accurate.

I have been to Bermuda many times. Many times on cruises. More time flying in and staying in hotels. Bermuda is one of my favorite places. It looks beautiful. People are very nice. 3 day BUS/FERRY pass is a must. I like taking the ferry to Hamilton or St. George and then using to buses to get back to the ship. You get to see a lot using your pass.

Things to do/see:

1. Hamilton.....walk, shop, dine

2. St. George...walk, shop, dine

3. Beaches... Horseshoe Bay is gorgeous, lots of other small coves

4. Botanical Gardens

5. Caves

6. Forts

7. Boat ride.....glass bottom and/or sail

8. lighthouses....great views

9. Dockyard....some nice stores

10. Relax and enjoy a dark and stormy....at any bar or restaurant.

Enjoy your cruise.

You must mean withOUT traffic!!! I can assure you as I live in Manhattan, it can take that long just getting through the tunnel. Good thing June 15 is a Sunday there should be less traffic in the city in general.

Going to LGA, I would recommend you give yourself at least 1.5 hrs traveling time. You have to cross over Manhattan to get there and again, depending on the day, you could hit traffic. We always check google maps app for traffic conditions in Manhattan...they are pretty accurate.

And there is major construction between the tunnels and the pier which will last all summer.

If you were interested in switching hotels you can stay at the Hyatt or Westin in downtown jersey city nj which will be a quick 15 minute drive to the Bayonne cruise port.

You can take the path train or ferry over to NYC to do all the tourist things. The Hyatt JC is on the hudson and you have the beautiful views of Manhattan directly across.

Just another idea for you.

I'm sure the hotels have transportation to the pier also.