Upgrade from lowest inside cabin to mid forward balcony

denmarks

I don't believe it. I originally booked the lowest cost inside cabin. A few weeks later I was upgraded to a forward center inside cabin. Yesterday I was upgraded to a forward outside cabin and today I was upgraded to a forward center balcony.

What is going on? I am on the Oct 1 Star Princess to Mexico. This will be my last cruise as Platinum and will next be Elite. Maybe that has something to do with it.

I did double check at the Princess website to make sure no one is playing tricks on me.

Wow, congrats on the great upgrade! It seems really early to be handing out one this good. We just completed our last cruise as Platinum and did not get an upgrade. Our best one ever was from an obstructed view to a deluxe ocean view with balcony.

After 22 cruises, best upgrade we have had is outside obstructed to a balcony. We always get lowest category upgrade to higher category, because we always book guarantee (inside or obstructed outside). We will choose outside obstructed instead of inside if the price is no more than $10 per person per day.

We do have an upcoming Alaska cruise in a couple weeks that, when I check unsold cabins, is very undersold, so it would be nice to get a balcony upgrade, but we don't count on it. Especially in Alaska, we would not want a balcony, due to cooler weather and limit on what is viewable from only one side of ship.

Edited by BrandiGreg

What's going on?

The cruise is not selling well and they want the lower Cats. 'open' - to flog off dirt cheap and fill the ship with onboard revenue-generating pax.

What's going on?

The cruise is not selling well and they want the lower Cats. 'open' - to flog off dirt cheap and fill the ship with onboard revenue-generating pax.

Probably true.

After 22 cruises, best upgrade we have had is outside obstructed to a balcony. We always get lowest category upgrade to higher category, because we always book guarantee (inside or obstructed outside). We will choose outside obstructed instead of inside if the price is no more than $10 per person per day.

We do have an upcoming Alaska cruise in a couple weeks that, when I check unsold cabins, is very undersold, so it would be nice to get a balcony upgrade, but we don't count on it. Especially in Alaska, we would not want a balcony, due to cooler weather and limit on what is viewable from only one side of ship.

Hi Brandi & Greg - I think we are on the same cruise as you in a couple of weeks - where did you find the information that it is undersold? I only ask as I read somewhere it was absolutely sold out? We added a landtour to our cruise rather than 2 cruises. Can't wait - won't be long now. Really excited.

Isobel.

I'm not sure what's going on but on my next 2 cruises (Today + Sunday)

I went from interior mid/aft to mid/aft Premium Ocean View, DW went from a mid/aft to aft Balcony

On our 5 day coastal we went from forward interior to Premium Balcony...

Never seen so many upgrades all at once..

I just finished as Platinum and will be going on the Regal in Oct. as Elite. I would love for my inside cabin to be upgraded to a balcony, especially for the transatlantic part of the cruise. Fat chance, but I can hope, can't I?