Thoughts of the 'Voyagers of the Seas' Reroute!

Good Day:

Just thought I would add my insight though I was not on the sailing…

I feel that RCI did the best that they can do and as other persons have said, people are going to complain no matter what... regardless of where the Voyager of the Seas went or would have gone!

This is from my personal thoughts - NCL's Norwegian Crown did depart New York the same day as RCI's Voyager of the Seas to Bermuda, but the Voyager rerouted - why?

Here are my thoughts - as I stated above the Norwegian Crown was on a 7-Day cruise to Bermuda arriving in Bermuda on Tuesday, July 26th departing Bermuda on Friday, July 29th. The Voyager of the Seas was on a 5-Day cruise to Bermuda arriving in Bermuda on Tuesday, July 26th departing Bermuda on Wednesday, July 27th.

I can not remember the exact date but the Bermuda Weather Service predicted that the Tropical Storm would turn into a Hurricane... though I am not sure, I am certain it was scheduled to pass Bermuda on Wednesday, July 26th at 2:00am. With that the Norwegian Crown remains in Bermuda and the Voyager of the Seas would have departed Bermuda that same day “directly into the Tropical Storm or Hurricane!”

Plus, the cruise lines have to communicate with the local ports and the local ports have to communicate with the cruise lines when their is a situation such as this it was weather. Many factors come into play and yes, most people are just going to look at the cruise line instead of getting all the facts.

I hope this helps and again these are just my thoughts!

Happy Sailing,

C.Leslie lls@ibl.bm

"Everyone wants everything to go as planned, but sometimes you have to go with the change if it is something that you can not change; if you can not go with the change then at the point you then have to look at yourself."

The quickest way to end these threads? Stop pulling them, and not allowing for any frustration to be expressed at all.

I have had a vacation that belongs in the annals of what else can go wrong, and can empathize with the emotion involved. My "dream" trip to Hawaii (1st vacation more than 100 miles from home in 17 years of child-rearing, marriage, college, and career) took place during the storm of the decade, despite being intentionally arranged for the best time year, weather-wise. We snorkeled in high swells, went to luaus in raincoats (until moved indoors due to danger from lightning), shopped in gale force winds with shopkeepers sandbagging the doors, etc--too many over-the-top things to describe--it almost had to be humorous and fun as it was just too unbelievable to be anything else! :) I found bright spots.

Let them express their disappointment, get a little sympathy, so they can put it in perspective and move on. I would have been disappointed too. To have others tell you to "get over it, suck it up, hey at least you weren't at work, too bad so sad, you don't have a right to be upset/disappointed/frustrated" just results in more rage and frustration. The calmest, least emotionally packed threads were the ones on the last couple of pages before they were pulled. It WAS dying down...

For all on that sailing--I am sorry you had such a disappointing trip. I am sure the captain had the pax safety foremost in mind when decision was made, and I am thankful that was the first consideration. I wish there had been a goodwill gesture made when the weather turned bad, I think it might have helped alleviate some frustration--even though not LEGALLY entitled to anything, period. It is true that some will complain no matter what is done. There isn't going to be any satisfaction obtained here. Write well-thought out letters with reasonable REQUESTS (not demands) and hope for the best.

Amen, the "get over it" was what was getting old. I think many people forget there were honeymooners, first time cruisers, and people like yourself who have waited a lifetime for their vacation. When I worked for the airline the first rule was "let them vent"....

Archived