Interesting! No short cruises from Los Angeles December 2014

lovevacadays

I was just on the Princess website looking for a 3-4 day cruise from San Pedro for December 2014. Very interesting. I see cruises listed in November and in January. Is it possible that all the 3-4 day cruises in December are already booked? I've cruised many times in early December because it seems like there is greater availability and better prices. I wonder what is going on?:eek:

I was just on the Princess website looking for a 3-4 day cruise from San Pedro for December 2014. Very interesting. I see cruises listed in November and in January. Is it possible that all the 3-4 day cruises in December are already booked? I've cruised many times in early December because it seems like there is greater availability and better prices. I wonder what is going on?:eek:

Michelle, I've been looking at cruises at the same time to use my 100% FCC we received for our 4 day January cruises. It's mostly been 7 & 10 day cruises to Mexico & 7 day CA Coastal cruises. Sadly only 3 Hawaii round trips which was our preference however so far fewer cruises have resulted in much higher prices. :(

No... Crown Princess is doing 7-day cruises in December... and Grand Princess is doing Hawaii cruises in December...

Michelle, I've been looking at cruises at the same time to use my 100% FCC we received for our 4 day January cruises. It's mostly been 7 & 10 day cruises to Mexico & 7 day CA Coastal cruises. Sadly only 3 Hawaii round trips which was our preference however so far fewer cruises have resulted in much higher prices. :(

Frank, I agree the prices are definitely higher. Looks like shorter cruises in November and January but none in December. I'm doing a Caribbean cruise in January but wanted to do a short 3 day one later this year and preferred December. Oh well. Interesting that there are only 3 Hawaii round trips.

Even if they were booked they would still show.

Makes sense. I don't know what I was thinking.:D:D:D

Interesting that there are only 3 Hawaii round trips.

Maybe they're trying to see how much interest there is in the 10 day Gulf of California cruises which must use much less fuel than sailing to Hawaii. For me the 7 and 10 day Mexican cruises are not of much interest & we prefer sailing to Hawaii.

Hopefully for Princess' bottom-line their marketing department will be more successful than with their 4 day cruises last winter which they basically gave away. :eek: Thankfully for those of us on the West Coast there are some 7 day CA Coastals & we have one booked in October while hoping for a drastic price reduction to Hawaii. :D

Edited by Astro Flyer

Michelle, I've been looking at cruises at the same time to use my 100% FCC we received for our 4 day January cruises. :(

Are you aware that that 100% FCC can only be used on a minimum 7 night cruise?

Yes & sailing by the end of 2014 but it's a good reminder for those he may think otherwise.

OK glad you knew. I'd hate to see someone wait too long to use it and find out it's no good. I'm booked on the 7 night coastal from Vancouver in Sept where I used my 100% FCC.

OK glad you knew. I'd hate to see someone wait too long to use it and find out it's no good. I'm booked on the 7 night coastal from Vancouver in Sept where I used my 100% FCC.

I enjoyed the Wine Country Coastal from LA to Vancouver & your cruise was one that we considered before booking an October CA Coastal while hoping for Hawaii price reductions.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Maybe they're trying to see how much interest there is in the 10 day Gulf of California cruises which must use much less fuel than sailing to Hawaii. For me the 7 and 10 day Mexican cruises are not of much interest & we prefer sailing to Hawaii.

Hopefully for Princess' bottom-line their marketing department will be more successful than with their 4 day cruises last winter which they basically gave away. :eek: Thankfully for those of us on the West Coast there are some 7 day CA Coastals & we have one booked in October while hoping for a drastic price reduction to Hawaii. :D

Princess is also doing some 9day Sea of Cortez cruises on January from San Pedro.

It's a very nice itin. We did the 10day in March. The 9day doesn't go to San Diego.