Has anyone used Royal Caribbean's transfer from Heathrow to Harwich?

No. You will be in a big coach bus. Would make a lot of folks unhappy if told someone wanted to go shopping before heading to the pier. :rolleyes:

If you want to make a stop, book a car service. Plus you won't be sitting at the airport waiting for flights and people to arrive before leaving. You'll for sure beat the coach to the port even with a stop.;)

Edited by eandj

No. You will be in a big coach bus. Would make a lot of folks unhappy if told someone wanted to go shopping before heading to the pier. :rolleyes:

If you want to make a stop, book a car service. Plus you won't be sitting at the airport waiting for flights and people to arrive before leaving. You'll for sure beat the coach to the port even with a stop.;)

Thanks - the car service is cost-prohibitive for a solo traveler, and there is no one from my roll call with a similar arrival time to share a ride with. :-( My hope was to stop to pick-up a bottle of wine for my cabin. I usually find my way to the port on my own but am using cruiseline transfers for convenience this time.

Liz

If you don't mind a little pre cruise exercise, there is a Morrisons supermarket just over 1/2 mile from the cruise terminal. A is by the terminal, B is Morrisons.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=51.947598,1.256132&daddr=Unknown+road&hl=en&sll=51.94445,1.257677&sspn=0.015767,0.037723&geocode=FU6oGAMdxCoTAA%3BFWePGAMd4T4TAA&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=ltm&z=16

Simon

Thanks - the car service is cost-prohibitive for a solo traveler, and there is no one from my roll call with a similar arrival time to share a ride with. :-( My hope was to stop to pick-up a bottle of wine for my cabin. I usually find my way to the port on my own but am using cruiseline transfers for convenience this time.

Liz

Pick one up at the airport :) Depending on the terminal at LHR you will pass through a small World Duty Free shop as you leave airside (literally pass through - the passenger route is lined by the shop) or there may be a Marks and Spencer Simply Food supermarket in the landside arrivals area.

If you don't mind a little pre cruise exercise, there is a Morrisons supermarket just over 1/2 mile from the cruise terminal. A is by the terminal, B is Morrisons.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=51.947598,1.256132&daddr=Unknown+road&hl=en&sll=51.94445,1.257677&sspn=0.015767,0.037723&geocode=FU6oGAMdxCoTAA%3BFWePGAMd4T4TAA&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=ltm&z=16

Simon

Great idea, Simon - thank you! After an overnight flight it would be nice to get some exercise!

Liz

Pick one up at the airport :) Depending on the terminal at LHR you will pass through a small World Duty Free shop as you leave airside (literally pass through - the passenger route is lined by the shop) or there may be a Marks and Spencer Simply Food supermarket in the landside arrivals area.

Thank you, Cotswold Eagle! I was wondering if I could purchase anything at duty free in the arrivals terminal. I usually find all kinds of goodies when I am departing.

Liz

P.S. - you live in a lovely area!

Yes Liz. As a solo, the transfers do make the best sense.

Yes you can find wine right at Heathrow. Actually tho, we were disappointed in what we found in the store we went in. (lots of liquors tho) Maybe some of the stores have more choice. You can make a Heathrow map online to help you find the stores that sell wine.

Edited by eandj

Yes Liz. As a solo, the transfers do make the best sense.

Yes you can find wine right at Heathrow. Actually tho, we were disappointed in what we found in the store we went in. (lots of liquors tho) Maybe some of the stores have more choice. You can make a Heathrow map online to help you find the stores that sell wine.

I usually find transfers to be a fun way to begin a cruise adventure... until I almost slept through my stop on the train from the Rome airport to Civitavecchia! Note to self: cruiselines transfers make more sense when arriving in Europe on sailing day!😊

Liz

Anyone know the distant from the Hook of Holland ferry that arrive in Harwich ,to the cruise ship terminal?

The cruise and ferry terminals are effectively the same building, different ends. Look on this map https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=51.947598,1.256132&daddr=Unknown+road&hl=en&ll=51.946315,1.252527&spn=0.007883,0.018861&sll=51.94445,1.257677&sspn=0.015767,0.037723&geocode=FU6oGAMdxCoTAA%3BFWePGAMd4T4TAA&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=ltm&z=16

The RCI ship is in the cruise berth and the dotted lines in the River Stour lead to the usual ferry berth, so about a ships length away.

Simon