Wine package advice please

Hi, I have never booked a wine package before. Does any one know if it is better to book before the cruise or wait until embarkation? I can't remember if I have seen deals when you get on the ship.

Thank you in anticipation.

Hi, I have never booked a wine package before. Does any one know if it is better to book before the cruise or wait until embarkation? I can't remember if I have seen deals when you get on the ship.

No difference in price. If there are specific bottles you want from the list, then wait until you are on board so you can find out if they are in stock.

We discovered an unexpected reason to wait to book a wine package. On our last cruise, an 8-night sailing, they had a promotion onboard where buying a 7-bottle package would get you a free bottle of house wine in addition.

This was probably because it was an 8-night itinerary.

We book our wine package on board. If you book ahead it's charged immediately to your charge card. If you book it on board it goes onto your onboard account.:)

If you purchase the wine package before the cruise, will it be printed on your card rather than getting a sticker with on board purchase?

I purchased the wine package two weeks in advance of my Allure cruise in August and I had a sticker placed on my SeaPass card at Check-In.

Edited by KGSB11

We bought ours the first night at dinner. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about what wines to pair with dinner and we always left with it afterwards. We only drank it at dinner though so that might be a big factor.

We purchase wine package on each cruise. 1 time, we waited until on board - extra OBC, and we were charged local tax. Otherwise, package same pre-cruise or waiting.

We purchase wine package on each cruise. 1 time, we waited until on board - extra OBC, and we were charged local tax. Otherwise, package same pre-cruise or waiting.

That's odd. I've never been charged local sales tax on a wine package purchased on the ship.

Who is the local taxing authority when your at sea?