Help hotel in Seattle

Mare10

I just booked the Maxwell today for our Aug. 1st cruise. It gets great reviews and is close to most of what we want to see. I had focused so much on the cruise that I really didn't start looking into what to do in Seattle until today and now I'm even more excited about our trip!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Oh, wow. Thanks for the great information. That does not sound like somewhere we want to be. I'm going to cancel our reservation at Georgetown Inn and try something closer to the airport. What is the Light Rail? Is it easy to use and get around to downtown?

Oh, wow. Thanks for the great information. That does not sound like somewhere we want to be. I'm going to cancel our reservation at Georgetown Inn and try something closer to the airport. What is the Light Rail? Is it easy to use and get around to downtown?

The Light Rail is an elevated monorail that runs from SeaTac to downtown, ending at Westlake Center. It leaves Seatac every 10-15 minutes, makes about 10 stops, takes 40 minutes and costs about $3. Very easy. Some walking involved tho at each end to get to/from the station.

Takes you right by both stadiums which is kinda fun, then you enter the transit tunnel which is kinda interesting.

Most airport hotels have a free shuttle to/from the airport. You walk about 8-10 minute thru the airport garage to reach the Central Link station. When you get to Westlake Center, look for the exit to 3rd Ave which will put you only 2 blocks from Pike Place Market, or, from West lake Center follow the signs to the Monorail which will take you to the Seattle Center/Space Needle in less than 5 minutes.

http://www.soundtransit.org/Schedules/Central-Link-light-rail

• 3 weeks later...

There are five in my party as well, so we opted for the Hampton Inn. They have two bedroom, two bath suites with a living room and kitchen. Plenty of room to spread out. At just over $300 a night, it was way more affordable than trying to find two rooms for a comparable rate in the same area. It has great reviews too! Definitely book early though cause these rooms sold out fast.

We'll be getting City Passes and mostly visiting the Space Needle and Pikes Market areas as well.

Happy planning, whatever you decide. :)

We are also coming into Seattle a day early for our Alaska cruise. We have booked the Westin. Any pros/cons we need to know?

The location is great--close to transit, restaurants, tourist-y sights. It's a nice place, a little generic, not the most personality--but you'll get plenty of that while you're out exploring!

There are five in my party as well, so we opted for the Hampton Inn. They have two bedroom, two bath suites with a living room and kitchen. Plenty of room to spread out. At just over $300 a night, it was way more affordable than trying to find two rooms for a comparable rate in the same area. It has great reviews too! Definitely book early though cause these rooms sold out fast.

We'll be getting City Passes and mostly visiting the Space Needle and Pikes Market areas as well.

Happy planning, whatever you decide. :)

Let me know how those work for you. I'm looking at the same thing for our cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I ended up booking the Mayflower Park after all my research. They have a suite that will easily sleep all 5 of us and there are 2 bathrooms. It was just a little over $300. and from what I've read it will be a great location for us since we're limited on time. We can walk to Pikes Market and it's right by the mall where you take the tram to the Space Needle. I'm relieved!

I ended up booking the Mayflower Park after all my research. They have a suite that will easily sleep all 5 of us and there are 2 bathrooms. It was just a little over $300. and from what I've read it will be a great location for us since we're limited on time. We can walk to Pikes Market and it's right by the mall where you take the tram to the Space Needle. I'm relieved!

We've stayed at the Mayflower Park several times over the last four years and have been very pleased. Easy walk to Pike Place Market, the waterfront and the Seattle Art Museum. The rooms not of the cookie cutter type but have great character. And it is also interesting that the front desk personnel seem to stay as at least two of them have been working there since our first stay.

good hotel, good location!

Westlake Center, where you catch the monorail to the Space Needle is also the terminus of the Light Rail system. If you can easily manage your luggage, you can ride the Light Rail from Seatac to Westlake then walk next door to the hotel, $3pp, 40 minutes. Might not work for your situation but it's an option to consider.

• 1 month later...

Our cruise and time in Seattle is now behind us, so I wanted to post a follow up to my previous post. We enjoyed the Hampton Inn and Suites Downtown. The two-bdrm, two king suite was spacious for the five of us and the hotel was much nicer than I had anticipated. We took the hotel organized shuttle from the hotel to the port on embarkation day. It is $7 per person, cash only to the driver.

The area of the hotel was very convenient for touring. We walked a couple blocks to eat the second night (walked just past the Maxwell, which looked like a great hotel also). The grocery store, QFC - part of Krogers, is in the ground level of the building across the street. It has a good selection of wine in the back corner and a small area with hard liquor near the front registers - are we the only ones still using rum runners? :)

We did use the city passes for our touring on Thursday and again on Friday morning. On Thursday, we walked the three or four blocks from the hotel to the EMP Museum (CityPass attraction) around 10 am. We purchased our City Passes there and took our time browsing through the museums many sections.

Upon leaving there, we had planned to do the Space Needle, but the line was incredibly long. Instead, we took the adjacent monorail to the Westlake Station and walked down to Pikes Market. We ate lunch at Lowell's in the Market, taking a third floor seat and watching the harbor front. As far as I could tell, nothing fast happens at the Lowell, but the food was good and it provided a much needed break. Lowell's is pretty close to the fish market, so following lunch, we strolled over there and watched them toss a few fish.

We then meandered through the market and across the street where we found a set of stairs and elevator down to the pier level and, conveniently, the Seattle Aquarium (CP). We took our time here as well. My daughter was particularly enamored with the Sea and River Otters. There were pretty darn cute!

We wrapped up here and then walked another block or so to the Argosy Harbor Cruise office (CP). They seemed to be departing every hour and 15 mins, and we arrived about thirty minutes prior to the next departure. We got our passes and bought ice creams at the adjacent restaurant (don't recall the name). It was a heat wave in Seattle the day we were there. It was sunny and 84, which was coincidently the same temp at home in Texas. In Texas, however, it was being called a cold front. :) Anyway, this allowed us to use their tables and relax a bit in the shade.

Following the harbor cruise, we easily grabbed a cab in front of the pier and went back to the hotel. We had bought round trip tickets on the monorail, but it's quite steep from the piers back to the mall area and I didn't think my Mom would handle that well. It was $12 from the pier back to the Hampton for the four of us. By this time, my aunt had arrived at the hotel and we all went to dinner a couple blocks away. Again, I can't recall the restaurant name, but it was across the street from the Maxwell on Rob street. Great selection of fresh food and lots of 1/2 entrée options.

After finishing dinner, we went back to the hotel and a couple of us walked back over to the Space Needle (CP) and went up for a night view of Seattle. The City Pass included two visits to the top within 24 hours. We had requested the 12:30 shuttle to the port the next morning, so a couple of us got up early the next morning and headed back over to the Space Needle (CP) for a daytime view. We got there within 15 minutes of them opening, so there was no line and we were there and back to the Hampton in just over an hour.

We definitely got our moneys worth from the City Passes. We were able to see so many things, yet never rushed through any of it. ...and if any of you actually read all that, thank you. :)

Thank you ! I am so glad you updated. I just started looking at hotels and was disappointed that so many seem to be all booked for our travel dates in May 2015?

City passes will have to look into that never thought to look for something like that. Thanks Again.

jean

NewEnglandNANA, I'm struggling to find rooms for June 19-20, 2015 (2015 US Open is in Seattle, but an hour away). I'm thinking a lot of hotels have not opened up booking, and are reserving blocks for the golf tournament and a possible Microsoft convention.

NewEnglandNANA, I'm struggling to find rooms for June 19-20, 2015 (2015 US Open is in Seattle, but an hour away). I'm thinking a lot of hotels have not opened up booking, and are reserving blocks for the golf tournament and a possible Microsoft convention.

That makes sense.

Well I reserved a hotel anyway. Getting anxious and wanted it done.