B2B Suite Benefits Question

CaliPhil

My Wife and I are interested in booking a 14 day combination Eastern/Western Caribbean cruise in a suite category that is sold out on one of the 2 7 day sailings but is still available if booked as a 14 day. My question is regarding the suite benefits...

Is the minibar filled as if it was a back to back prior to the second 7 day sailing?

Are we entitled to complimentary dinner in a specialty restaurant on the second embarkation sailing?

Do we receive 4 credits?

I know the answer is yes if we booked as 2 separate sailings but what about the 14 day booking?

Thanks

My Wife and I are interested in booking a 14 day combination Eastern/Western Caribbean cruise in a suite category that is sold out on one of the 2 7 day sailings but is still available if booked as a 14 day. My question is regarding the suite benefits...

Is the minibar filled as if it was a back to back prior to the second 7 day sailing?

Are we entitled to complimentary dinner in a specialty restaurant on the second embarkation sailing?

Do we receive 4 credits?

I know the answer is yes if we booked as 2 separate sailings but what about the 14 day booking?

Thanks

I haven't sailed in a suite but other benefits are based as individual cruises even when booked as a single cruise. Thus my elite benefits give me another minibar setup (which may be exchanged for coffee cards, water or wine) for each cruise.

?

Do we receive 4 credits?

Thanks

Initially, you will likely only receive 2 credits as it is one booking. If you check your cruise history on My Princess, you'll see. However, you should check with the Captain's Circle host on board, explain your situation and ask if he/she can give the additional credits for the "second half" of your trip.

Edited by freetocruise

The only difference we've noticed is in the Military Benefit Credit, if one of you is eligible for it. If you book as two 7-night cruises, you'll get $100 per cruise, $200 total. If you book as a 14 night cruise, you'll get $250!

I love cruisecritic...you guys are awesome. We are loyal Princess cruisers but they don't always have the best customer service phone lines! I asked here because I thought they were wrong. When I called, they told me we would only be entitled to dinner the first night, receive one mini bar set up and receive just 2 credits for the 14 days.

Thanks!

The only difference we've noticed is in the Military Benefit Credit, if one of you is eligible for it. If you book as two 7-night cruises, you'll get $100 per cruise, $200 total. If you book as a 14 night cruise, you'll get $250!

Same would be true for the Shareholder credit. $100 for each leg if book as B2B 7-night cruises. $250 if booked as a single 14-day cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know why I do this to myself! :mad: I called Princess today to double check on something with my booking and asked the three questions again and was told that because the suite was booked as a 14 day I would receive only 1 mini bar setup, 1 specialty restaurant and 2 cruise credits. They are so frustrating. We love the onboard Princess experience but the customer service and lack of consistency of message is awful!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Forums mobile app

I don't know why I do this to myself! :mad: I called Princess today to double check on something with my booking and asked the three questions again and was told that because the suite was booked as a 14 day I would receive only 1 mini bar setup, 1 specialty restaurant and 2 cruise credits. They are so frustrating. We love the onboard Princess experience but the customer service and lack of consistency of message is awful!

I rarely call Princess on the weekend or on a holiday because they seem to have their most inexperienced customer service reps working. I can't fault their reps because many of them have never been on a cruise & can only tell us what's on their computer monitor. So to me Princess is negligent by not providing them with accurate information.

A case in point was this weekend's unannounced changes on the inaugural Regal Princess cruise where they implemented a $3 room service fee and a $10 fee for Alfredo's Pizzeria but neglected to tell their reps. After a big outcry they have halted these fees for now but may be planning to add them fleetwide after giving prior notification.

I would suggest calling during business hours and ask for the Captain's Circle desk to get better answers.

Edited by Astro Flyer

a) The phone reps have never sailed b2b in a suite no matter how booked

b) Any FCC OBC, stockholder OBC and Veterans OBC will be based on the 14 day length.

c) Onboard you should get a new mini-bar setup for each segment as well as the specialty restaurant meal the first evening of each segment.

d) You should get 2 cruise credits for each segment, but it will not happen automatically. Speak with the Ca[tain's Circle rep during the second segment and he/she should be able to arrange this. If not, contact the Captain's Circle department at Princess after you are back home.

If you have any problems, please speak to the Captain's Circle host or hostess. they are more than willing to get you all the perks you deserve and much better than the phone staff.

SO FRUSTRATING! I've talked to Princess 3 times today (help desk, 2 supervisors, Captains Circle, and a few customer service agents). If we book the cruise as one 14 day sailing in a suite, we will receive credit for 4 cruises, however we will only receive one minibar and one specialty restaurant. Supposedly this was changed recently.

Initially, you will likely only receive 2 credits as it is one booking. If you check your cruise history on My Princess, you'll see. However, you should check with the Captain's Circle host on board, explain your situation and ask if he/she can give the additional credits for the "second half" of your trip.

That was what happened to us, upon getting home Captain Circle host added the cruise to our total.

SO FRUSTRATING! I've talked to Princess 3 times today (help desk, 2 supervisors, Captains Circle, and a few customer service agents). If we book the cruise as one 14 day sailing in a suite, we will receive credit for 4 cruises, however we will only receive one minibar and one specialty restaurant. Supposedly this was changed recently.

Do you qualify for the military or stock OBC? That is better if booked as 14 day.

a) The phone reps have never sailed b2b in a suite no matter how booked

b) Any FCC OBC, stockholder OBC and Veterans OBC will be based on the 14 day length.

c) Onboard you should get a new mini-bar setup for each segment as well as the specialty restaurant meal the first evening of each segment.

d) You should get 2 cruise credits for each segment, but it will not happen automatically. Speak with the Ca[tain's Circle rep during the second segment and he/she should be able to arrange this. If not, contact the Captain's Circle department at Princess after you are back home.

Caribill is correct (except on point (d) in my case). I have a 14 day itinerary (7dayEastern/7dayWestern b2b) full suite booked for next year on Regal. My FCC was treated as a 14 day itinerary. But the cruise credits, when I check the booking in my Captains circle log in, the future cruise is showing as 4 cruise credits automatically.

So for FCC it is being treated as 1x14 day cruise, and for cruise credits, its being treated as 2x7 day cruises. You should be able to check the same way if you log on to your captains circle membership and check your cruise history (it will include future bookings).

Mini bar is this way.........1,2,3,4,5,7 or 10 day cruises get a mini bar set up. 10 or more da y s gets ADDITIONAL MINI BAR.......IN OTHER WORDS......if you book a 1 day a 2 day and a 1 day as a B2B2B YOU WILL GET 3 MINI BAR SET UPS.........each segment is treated as a DIFFERENT CRUISE.......ANY TIME YOU GET A NEW CRUISE CARD.....THATS A NEW CRUISE..

Getting a full mini bar setup valued at about $70 for a one day cruise is amazing :) considering some one days are sold for as little as $29 per person NOT including taxes.

I just returned from a few coastal cruises and was surprised at the mini bar setup.....I DONT drink.....now I have all these littke bottles of booze at home :)

Roland

Edited by blkspy

Mini bar is this way.........1,2,3,4,5,7 or 10 day cruises get a mini bar set up. 10 or more days gets ADDITIONAL MINI BAR.......

Only a new segment will get a new mini-bar. If a segment is 18 days, there is still only one mini-bar.