Benefits to on board booking?

Guest maddycat
Me neither- I meant that there may be more people actually sitting with the LA and picking a specfic cruise for the higher OBC

We just got off of the Explorer on Sat. So many people were booking cruises onboard that LA extended the hours for the future cruise office.

Guest maddycat
Unless I'd done my homework and knew exactly which cruise I wanted next, there's no way I buy a cruise cold onboard. The surroundings make me too euphoric and unable to concentrate. :)

It usually takes a bout of post-cruise depression to get me motivated. ;)

A tip of the hat (with no wag of the finger) to those who can book onboard and get whatever perks come with it! :D

I did manage to buy an NCC last time out, which has gone so far unused. And from the devaluation I'm reading about, it will probably be my last.

That's exactly what I do. I do all of the research at home and once on the ship I book my future cruise. I already know the ship, sailing date and cabin category that I want. I'm in and out with in a half hour. I only pay $100 per person deposit and get a nice OBC. It's worth a half hour of my time.

Thank you, I've seen this table but thought it was the one for the open booking. So the open booking is even more pathetic of an OBC? Lol just wondering, I would do it for the smaller deposit anyway but an OBC would be nice of course ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you, I've seen this table but thought it was the one for the open booking. So the open booking is even more pathetic of an OBC? Lol just wondering, I would do it for the smaller deposit anyway but an OBC would be nice of course ;)

Pathetic is a good word for it.:rolleyes:

So if I'm understanding this right, the OBC offered on an NCC has been reduced to $25 across the board, but the greater OBCs are still available if you make a firm booking onboard? And with either method, the pp deposit is $100.

Correct?

If so, I've been eying a transatlantic crossing on Liberty for the fall, and might consider booking onboard Grandeur in May.

So if you book onboard you get basically a very small OBC and nothing else but a reduced deposit? I have booked these on Disney before but I think in this case if you don't know what cruise you want $25 for a week cruise is crazy. I would rather not bother and lose the $25. We only have time for a week cruise because we are still working and have 3 young kids.

When we booked on Disney it was a 10% discount PLUS 200 OBC and a reduced deposit (I think 10% instead of 20% of cruise price). For out last cruise our TA gave us 7% back too so our 5k cruise ended up being closer to 4200 and plus we got a 200OBC so it makes Disney a bit easier to swallow. That is a family of 5 price.

So if I'm understanding this right, the OBC offered on an NCC has been reduced to $25 across the board, but the greater OBCs are still available if you make a firm booking onboard? And with either method, the pp deposit is $100.

Correct?

If so, I've been eying a transatlantic crossing on Liberty for the fall, and might consider booking onboard Grandeur in May.

Well, the OBC offered by the NCC has been greatly reduced, but you do get more than $25 for longer cruises. However, booking a specific cruise onboard can get a much higher amount of OBC, especially if you are in a suite.

I have related question.

Can OBC be applied to booking a future cruise while aboard a current cruise?

No, that is one of the only onboard expenses must be charged directly to a credit card.

Edited by clarea

This new policy certainly reduces the incentive to book on board for a open date. I am amazed at the reduction in OBC. And pathetic is the right word for it. No way to reward loyalty that's for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I had 2 NCCs I got in December and managed to use one to book an Alaska cruisetour for 2015 about one week before they drastically slashed the OBC. The other one is only going to be advantageous for booking with reduced deposit, which makes me feel like I didn't get what I paid for. It just seems like they should have grandfathered in the certificates that had already been purchased. I hate to be overly critical, but I bought it expecting them to honor the terms of the purchase.

I had 2 NCCs I got in December and managed to use one to book an Alaska cruisetour for 2015 about one week before they drastically slashed the OBC. The other one is only going to be advantageous for booking with reduced deposit, which makes me feel like I didn't get what I paid for. It just seems like they should have grandfathered in the certificates that had already been purchased. I hate to be overly critical, but I bought it expecting them to honor the terms of the purchase.

My understanding is that They did grandfather them. An ncc bought before March 15, 2014 get used under the old rules. I just used one a week ago and got the old OBC.

Sent from my iPad using Forums