Anyone been on Enchantment recently?

The reviews for this short cruise haven't been great. Now I'm getting worried. Anyone recently got off an Enchantment 4-night Bahamas cruise who can provide some feedback - how was ship condition, sewage smell, did you feel a lot of rocking due to rough seas, how was entertainment, etc. Any comments appreciated. Thanks.

I was last on the Enchantment in February, 2014 and had a lovely time. Entertainment was mixed, food was very good and the ship was in great shape. As for the rocking, that will depend on the sea and weather conditions for your sailing. On that February cruise, the ship seemed motionless. We’ve taken larger ships that had more movement, simply because the seas and winds were worse.

I’ve never had any issue with sewage smells and have been booked on a variety of decks on the Enchantment.

Hope you have a good cruise.

m

We were on the Enchantment about a month ago, and thought the ship looked great! We also enjoyed the shows.

As far as sewage smell, we did have it in our bathroom the first day (we were on deck 8), but the problem was corrected quickly :)

Just got off last Friday. No issues at all with smells, no issues with plumbing. Barely felt the ship even move unless we really thought about it and even then it was very gentle. It was my first cruise so I can't really compare entertainment but it wasn't bad by any stretch of the imagination. Don't worry about the reviews, people are much more likely to report a negative experience then a positive one.

Edit: we were in the newer stretched portion on deck 8

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Packers50

We had a great time. We were in an AFT cabin, where you often get the sewage smell, but did not encounter it. The crew as great and we enjoyed the shows we went to. Hadn't realized we'd be sharing our cruise with the spring break crowd, (over half the cruisers were college age), but they were really well behaved. Food was good, but room service was slow and often backed up. I think the kids that stayed up late partying were ordering room service.

Coco Cay was wonderful, as always. We had assigned dining, which we like - same servers, etc., but I didn't hear any complaints about my time dining on this ship.

I will add that since we had such a good time, we are returning in June.

The only unpleasant smell I encountered was when Brilliance of the Seas (I believe) fired up her engines and the wind blew her exhaust into our air intake for about an hour. It took awhile for the exhaust smell to get out of our cabin. I dare say, my husband could have gone out on the balcony and smoked a carton of cigarettes and no one would have smelled it. This was in Nassau. Speaking of Nassau, I am not a "beach" person, but I really enjoyed the blue lagoon excursion. I think I'll do it again. Very relaxing vacation.

The reviews for this short cruise haven't been great. Now I'm getting worried. Anyone recently got off an Enchantment 4-night Bahamas cruise who can provide some feedback - how was ship condition, sewage smell, did you feel a lot of rocking due to rough seas, how was entertainment, etc. Any comments appreciated. Thanks.

I sailed in February, we had a great cruise! I have a full photo review in my signature. The only "glitch" on our trip was a group of 400 15 yo Argentinian girls on a Quincera trip. The girls themselves were fine, but they often clogged up buffet lines and lines to get on and off the ship when they moved as a group. Also the cruiseline did a poor job of replenishing buffets, bakeries and ice cream machines after they buzz sawed through them, especially the sweets, which they grabbed by the handful. The shows were pretty standard cruise ship fare- nothing as wonderful as Oasis class, but I liked them better than the shows on Jewel.

We were aft on deck 8 and had no problem with any smells at all. I thought the ship looked very fresh, as all the soft furnishings have been replaced recently.

Thank you everyone for your comments on your recent Enchantment cruise. You have set my mind at ease. I'm just looking for a relaxing short vacation and I think this would fit the bill. Many thanks.

Just got off last Friday. No issues at all with smells, no issues with plumbing. Barely felt the ship even move unless we really thought about it and even then it was very gentle. It was my first cruise so I can't really compare entertainment but it wasn't bad by any stretch of the imagination. Don't worry about the reviews, people are much more likely to report a negative experience then a positive one.

Edit: we were in the newer stretched portion on deck 8

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the same sailing, got off Friday and also on deck 8 in the Royal Family Suite. My husband noticed the sewage smell right away and kept mentioning it. I barely noticed it myself but it was there. The morning we disembarked neither of the toilets in our suite would flush, room steward said this was common on the ship. Just before dinner on our at sea day there was no hot water for showers, I was at customer service about an unrelated issue when the phone was ringing non-stop about no hot water. When my husband took a shower later than evening, he was orange. And so was the towel we put on the floor to absorb the water that traveled along the back of the tub and on to the floor every time we showered (problem noted in other people's review of same cabin).

Most of the public areas like dining room and lounges were in fine condition, but if you walk off the beaten path or even just look closer around, you do see rust and wear. There were a couple areas on the pool deck with caution tape most of the cruise. The soft serve ice cream was completely broken the first day of the cruise, I don't know about the second day because we never tried. The third day, they had removed one of the machines and the other only had one side that worked so only one flavor was available for the rest of the cruise. They ran out of apple juice some time on day 2 and of course was out the for the rest of the cruise, not a big deal unless you have a kid who only drinks apple juice and water. I don't know if they ran out of anything else, but there was no coffee available at Windjammers at 7am on two mornings. Room service card was put out the night before with coffee and basic food for 7-7:30 but wasn't delivered until after 8am, and without the coffee! We didn't order breakfast again after that.

Splash pool was not open when it was supposed to be on the at sea day, and no one working on the pool deck could tell me why or when it would be open. The pool attendant told me to ask the towel attendant who told me to ask the pool attendant. The concierge couldn't get anyone to answer the phone about it either. This was a couple hours after it was supposed to be open.

Entertainment was fine. Nothing spectacular, but not bad either. If you have young kids, don't expect it to be family friendly like RCI makes it out to be. I certainly could have done without song and dance from the movie Chicago while sitting with my 4 and 6 year olds.

There was definitely rocking from rough seas on the last night of the cruise as we headed through storms to Cape Canaveral. Even our room steward mentioned it. But it wasn't anything I haven't experienced on other ships, bigger ships. Certainly nothing to worry about any more than any other cruise ship.

Cococay was great. Definitely take a walk down the nature trail to the beach where the clamshells are, Barefoot Beach. It was probably the best part of our entire cruise.

We did have a great time on our trip. Definitely nothing to ruin a vacation, but there was a laundry list of other small issues on board that I wont mention. I am glad we went, but have no plans of returning to the Enchantment. There are just many other ships out there that are so much better and live up to their advertisements and promises from customer service.

Oh, and our bed in the Royal Family Suite was the hardest mattress ever! The pillows are also hard and flat. It was probably the most uncomfortable bedding I have ever experienced, may as well have been sleeping on the floor. Maybe they forgot the mattress and we were just sleeping on the box spring, yes it was that bad.

Edited by TinyPinkBug

I know you asked about recently but I was on the ship Mid November 2013. There was 14 of us including 2 small children and 1 teen. We didn't hear of them running out of anything, even all the Freestyle machines were operating the whole time. A few of us were on deck 7 mid-ship interior, no odd smells. Another had a JS deck 7 and no complaints or problems.

The kids just loved the pools. However, just before sail away my 3 yr old niece got sick and threw up in the splash pool.

We did have some rocky days but, that was because a hurricane had just passed in the ocean way off the coast (was never a threat to anyone) and it took several days for the waves to get to our area. Th one night it made for a fun night of walking and people watching. Just when you were walking straight the ocean decided you need to make a detour to the left or right. :)

Otherwise, everything for us first time cruisers in our group (about half of us) was great for a first cruise. It was so well, that we will be returning to the ship in August.