Few questions please

Nextholiday?

Hello

Has anyone stayed at holiday inn at Herbert walker avenue, southampton and walked to departure area? Wondering how long it takes please.

Will it be allowed to take half dozen bottles water on board and maybe one bottle alcohol?

It is only a two nighter, apart from the buffet is there any other restaurant open for lunch please, and your recommendations

Thsnk you so much :D

Edited by Nextholiday?

It depends which terminal you are sailing from. Work out your walking route using google maps.

No problem taking bottles of water and one alcohol.

The self service is the only restaurant open for lunch on any length of cruise on departure day.

Brian

Edited by BrianI

Ive stayed at the Holiday inn and as mentioned it depends on which cruise terminal you are trying to walk to.

One main dining room will be open but it depends when you get on the ship as I think its only open from noon to 1:30.

Sorry, it is ocean terminal. Dock gate 4. :D

Assume put water and bottle in hand luggage or is suit case ok?

It's almost a mile to walk it. Depends how much luggage you have to drag along.

Would not recommend putting bottles in suitcases as they might break during handling.

Brian

No problem with a bottle of wine, but you are not allowed to take spirits.

P&O have a complimentary small bottle of water for each passenger in your stateroom. You can also get water for free from the bars and the buffet. If you decide to walk that might be one thing you needn't carry.

Thank you all for coming back so quickly, it is appreciated :D

I think I read there is a kettle in your room, do they replenish tea bags, coffee and milk daily please.

Great to know re water as that is mainly what I drink, and that it does not have be bottled

Thank you again :)

Yes there is a kettle. Supplies are replenished twice daily - biscuits as well. The water from the tap is perfectly safe to drink and that's what you get in the restaurants anyway.

Brian

A taxi from the Holiday Inn to the port will only cost approx £5. If you have booked the room with parking included then the taxi may be included as well. It is not a walk I would like to do ad you have to cross a busy road dragging cases.

Thank you all for coming back so quickly, it is appreciated :D

I think I read there is a kettle in your room, do they replenish tea bags, coffee and milk daily please.

Great to know re water as that is mainly what I drink, and that it does not have be bottled

Thank you again :)

If you prefer fresh milk rather than the little sachets, just order one from room service.

Regarding drinks, soft or alcoholic, we have never had any problems taking a couple of bottles of spirits and some soft drinks on board (on a 14 day cruise):)

Molly

I have always stayed at the Premier Inn West Quay and walked to Ocean Terminal for my cruises and the Holiday Inn hotel is about 5 mins closer to Ocean Terminal then the Premier Inn

I would say its about 15-20 walk and its certainly NOT a mile walk...

If you come out the hotel and stay on the right hand side and walk along the path you will be there in about 15mins, I`ve done it and dragged suitcases on wheels behind me

I have even walked from Ocean Terminal to the train station dragging a suitcase