South American cruises on the Sun are now ready!!!

TrumpyNor

And Kevin Sheehan is singing "Can't please everyone so got to please yourself".

Personally, I'm happy they've finally posted the itineraries, and in the 1st 2 weeks of May.

Hopefully someone will be happy with the cruises as well.

Have a great day :D

I am very happy they are back in South America. I feel that 17 days is kind of dooming itself.

I hope it works out, I love NCL but I do not see how they can fill a ship and make money for that long of a cruise

17 days does seem on the long side for such a small ship.

I actually spend 21 days on board the Norwegian Sun in January of 2013 - doing to Southern Caribbean cruises B2B, and it was great. Yes, the ship is kind of "small" but the crew on board were fantastic. :)

I am considering booking one of the South American cruises on the Sun, the only reason I wait a little is because the flight from Europe to South America is very expensive, especially with arrival and departure in two different countries. Same with the cruise from San Diego to Santiago (or vice versa) - the flight prices are "crazy" because it would be to/from two different continents (North America/South America).

Does anybody know what the weather would be like doing the cruise from Santiago to Buenos Aires in February and/or March? Warm (like summer temperatures) or colder - similar to an Alaska cruise....?

Edited by TrumpyNor

Actually, only the repo from San Diego in November is 17 days. The recurring SA cruises are 14 days between Chile and Argentina and vice versa starting Dec 2015. Only thing holding me up on booking one of these right now is trying to confirm the extent of the drydock on the Sun. There has been discussion of possibly removing the observation lounge and adding suites on CC. IMO, that would be a mistake and could be a reason for me not to book this itinerary on NCL and go with Celebrity or HAL instead. Until i hear for sure, guess I'll wait before booking...

Actually, only the repo from San Diego in November is 17 days. The recurring SA cruises are 14 days between Chile and Argentina and vice versa starting Dec 2015. Only thing holding me up on booking one of these right now is trying to confirm the extent of the drydock on the Sun. There has been discussion of possibly removing the observation lounge and adding suites on CC. IMO, that would be a mistake and could be a reason for me not to book this itinerary on NCL and go with Celebrity or HAL instead. Until i hear for sure, guess I'll wait before booking...

when i went on the site and checked the only 2 sailing that came up under South America were the 10 day and the 17 day. How did you see the 14 day one?

when i went on the site and checked the only 2 sailing that came up under South America were the 10 day and the 17 day. How did you see the 14 day one?

I just checked NCL and there is a Dec 5-19 cruise (14 days) from Buenos Aires to Valparaiso (Argentina to Chile). 14 days is sort of the standard for that run across the HAL and celebrity itineraries as well.

I just booked the 3/26/16 from Buenos Aires and the website says 18 days, but the confirmation says 14. They've skipped days 13 and 14 on the itinerary on the website. It still doesn't make complete sense, but either way we're booked! :D

View All Ports Print Itinerary

Day Land Tours and Cruise Ports Arrive Depart

Day 1 Buenos Aires, Argentina (EMBARK) --- 6:00 pm

Day 2 Montevideo, Uruguay 7:00 am 4:30 pm

Day 3 At Sea --- ---

Day 4 Puerto Madryn, Argentina 9:00 am 6:00 pm

Day 5 At Sea --- ---

Day 6 Stanley, Falkland Islands 9:00 am 4:00 pm

Day 7 Cruise Cape Horn --- ---

Day 8 Ushuaia, Argentina 7:00 am 2:00 pm

Cruise Beagle Channel (Glacier Cruising) --- ---

Day 10 Punta Arenas, Chile 7:30 am 7:30 pm

Day 11 Cruise Strait of Magellan --- ---

Day 12 Cruise Chilean Fjords --- ---

Cruise Patagonic Channels --- ---

--- Overnight

Day 15 Puerto Chacabuco, Chile 7:00 am 2:00 pm

Day 16 Puerto Montt, Chile 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Day 17 At Sea --- ---

Day 18 Santiago (Valparaiso), Chile (DISEMBARK) 8:00 am ---

Here you find all the cruises between Santiago (Chile) and Buenos Aires, seems to me they are all 14 days:

http://www.ncl.com/vacations/buenos-aires-argentina-santiago-(valparaiso)-chile-norwegian-sun-nov-2015-dec-2015-jan-2016-feb-2016-mar-2016-apr-2016-2-guests?sailmonths=4294925774+4294925773+4294925779+4294925772+4294925778+4294925771&ships=4294963203&embarkationport=4294910418+4294910420&cruise=1&cruiseTour=1&numberOfGuests=4294915774&pageSize=5&currentPage=1&sortBy=Featured&autoPopulate=f&from=resultPage

Edited by TrumpyNor

Looks like website is not completely updated yet. Pick the Sun from Nov 2015 through March 2016 rather than picking the destination South America. The various SA options come up.

http://www.ncl.com/vacations/norwegian-sun-nov-2015-dec-2015-jan-2016-feb-2016-mar-2016-apr-2016-2-guests?ships=4294963203&sailmonths=4294925774+4294925773+4294925779+4294925772+4294925778+4294925771&cruise=1&cruiseTour=1&numberOfGuests=4294915774&pageSize=5&currentPage=1&sortBy=Featured&autoPopulate=f&from=resultPage

I am not seeing any time on the Sun's schedule in the fall of 2015 that is "unaccounted for". From 9/28 - 10/2 the Sun transits from Vancouver to San Diego. From 10/2 until 11/4 the schedule shows the 3 Mexican Riviera cruises from San Diego and on 11/4 the Sun begins the repositioning cruise to Valparaiso. The Sun leaves Valparaiso on 11/21 to begin its series of 14-day cruises around the Horn.

Edited by polySeraph

I just booked the 3/26/16 from Buenos Aires and the website says 18 days, but the confirmation says 14. They've skipped days 13 and 14 on the itinerary on the website. It still doesn't make complete sense, but either way we're booked! :D

View All Ports Print Itinerary

Day Land Tours and Cruise Ports Arrive Depart

Day 1 Buenos Aires, Argentina (EMBARK) --- 6:00 pm

Day 2 Montevideo, Uruguay 7:00 am 4:30 pm

Day 3 At Sea --- ---

Day 4 Puerto Madryn, Argentina 9:00 am 6:00 pm

Day 5 At Sea --- ---

Day 6 Stanley, Falkland Islands 9:00 am 4:00 pm

Day 7 Cruise Cape Horn --- ---

Day 8 Ushuaia, Argentina 7:00 am 2:00 pm

Cruise Beagle Channel (Glacier Cruising) --- ---

Day 10 Punta Arenas, Chile 7:30 am 7:30 pm

Day 11 Cruise Strait of Magellan --- ---

Day 12 Cruise Chilean Fjords --- ---

Cruise Patagonic Channels --- ---

--- Overnight

Day 15 Puerto Chacabuco, Chile 7:00 am 2:00 pm

Day 16 Puerto Montt, Chile 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Day 17 At Sea --- ---

Day 18 Santiago (Valparaiso), Chile (DISEMBARK) 8:00 am ---

I just booked the March 26, 2016 cruise also, I am super excited, this is going to be my birthday gift to my husband for his 70th. I know this is being pushy, but I wish the excursions were up too, I hope that they have an Antarctic excursion as in the past. We were going to do the repositioning cruise, but most of the ports we will have just been to on a PC cruise this year. So I have decided that we will try and do a Galapagos trip/Easter Island trip before we head home instead.

This is so exciting!

Edited by auntierobin

I am not seeing any time on the Sun's schedule in the fall of 2015 that is "unaccounted for". From 9/28 - 10/2 the Sun transits from Vancouver to San Diego. From 10/2 until 11/4 the schedule shows the 3 Mexican Riviera cruises from San Diego and on 11/4 the Sun begins the repositioning cruise to Valparaiso. The Sun leaves Valparaiso on 11/21 to begin its series of 14-day cruises around the Horn.

1st ... hope this means that there will not be a dry dock for the Sun, especially if it meant that the observation lounge would be replaced by suites. Observation lounge and the outside deck in front of it would be so great for the SA and Mexican Riveria cruises as well as possible future Alaska cruises.

Second, the middle Mexican Rivieria cruise (10-13 to 10-24 2015) didn't show up earlier today. Looks like it is still a work in progress on the website. Note difference in the itineraries.

Itinerary for 1st and 3rd cruises

Day Land Tours and Cruise Ports Arrive Depart Fri San Diego (EMBARK) --- 4:00 pm Sat At Sea --- --- Sun At Sea --- --- Mon At Sea --- --- Tue Acapulco, Mexico 8:00 am 5:00 pm Wed Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa 7:00 am 3:00 pm Thu Puerto Vallarta, Mexico 10:00 am 7:00 pm Fri Mazatlan, Mexico 8:00 am 5:00 pm Sat Cabo San Lucas, Mexico 8:00 am --- Cabo San Lucas, Mexico --- Overnight Sun Cabo San Lucas, Mexico --- 2:00 pm Mon At Sea --- --- Tue San Diego (DISEMBARK) 8:00 am ---

Itinerary for middle cruise

Day Land Tours and Cruise Ports Arrive Depart Day 1 San Diego (EMBARK) --- 4:00 pm Day 2 At Sea --- --- Day 3 At Sea --- --- Day 4 At Sea --- --- Day 5 Acapulco, Mexico 8:00 am 5:00 pm Day 6 Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa 7:00 am 3:00 pm Day 7 Puerto Vallarta, Mexico 10:00 am 7:00 pm Day 8 Mazatlan, Mexico 8:00 am --- Mazatlan, Mexico --- Overnight Day 10 Cabo San Lucas, Mexico 8:00 am --- Cabo San Lucas, Mexico --- Overnight Day 12 Cabo San Lucas, Mexico --- 2:00 pm Day 13 At Sea --- --- Ensenada, Mexico --- 6:00 pm Day 15 San Diego (DISEMBARK) 8:00 am

---

It is so frustrating to me as a west coaster who has longed for different cruises without expensive airfare to have these come up around the same time frame as the British Isles cruise. We're doing POA this October and have the BI cruise booked for next September. Both are going to be expensive trips ... financially would be much better to cancel BI and switch to one of these longer MR cruises. LOL haven't even looked at airfare to do one of the South American cruises.

I was hoping they would be returning to Miami (rather than San Francisco)like they did in 2010. Mike and I had thought we might cancel our 2015 panama canal cruise and pick up where we left off in 2010 in Valpariso and continue on through the canal....shucks.

And Kevin Sheehan is singing "Can't please everyone so got to please yourself".

But Kevin doesn't sing it as well as...Rick Nelson!icon12.gif

So very true, but he does know how to give ppl what they want, even if it isn't exactly when they want it.

I'm happy for some of you folks and your dream cruise to SA. I hope it's fabulous :p

I was hoping they would be returning to Miami (rather than San Francisco)like they did in 2010. Mike and I had thought we might cancel our 2015 panama canal cruise and pick up where we left off in 2010 in Valpariso and continue on through the canal....shucks.

I was hoping for NCL to do a repositioning cruise from SA to Miami as well. We initially booked the Celebrity Infinity's Valparaiso to Fort Lauderdale itinerary for March 2015 as a backup and subsequently decided we really like the itinerary. You may want to take a look at it. Verandahs and suites have just about sold out (the remaining few are very expensive) but ocean views and interiors are still relatively affordable. We have a great active roll call up and running. HAL also has a similar Panama Canal itinerary from South America - 17 days vs 14 days (for Celebrity) and (I think) slightly more expensive.

Edited by polySeraph

Finally - the wait is over. But I will force myself to wait another 2 weeks so that I can buy a FCC onboard Breakaway - but it is going to be hard:D

Hoping that some good incentives (OBC) will come with the new itineraries.